• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

TWI...Bustin muh bawlzz bra!

locogringojc

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 2, 2010
Twin Cities
Yo, so I've been waiting since forever for a Fraps/1st-Person HD Recording of In-game Footage. We've all seen the crappy camera recordings of someone playing on a TV. I'd love to see the game first hand with some Epic Bloody Montage action in multiplayer going down yo! If ya Hurrd this then up muh message yo! Regardless I'm buying the game, but I can't wait me no longa Yo! Word...:)

Fraps is a pile of crap and it's a bummer that it somehow became the most famous capture software.
PlayClaw is a lot better since it doesn't touch your ingame fps at all. The best for Capturing is virtualdub though. It's a bit tricky to set up and only works under XP but gives the best flexibility regarding codecs, size, filters etc.

The clan community asked TWI to implement 1st person weapons in demos several times. If they do it, you can convert demos to a video without the need to use crappy recording software. It also gives you the ability to get high fps raw footage for better slomos etc.

Upvote 0
has not fraps been around for a fair amount longer? i like both
Probably, yes.
But even longer people use build-in functions to dump every frame of a recorded demo to an image (some games can even directly dump a video out of a demo). Believe me, without it there wouldn't be that many CS and Quake3 fragmovies :)
It's just that demos suck in UT/RO because they don't support first person weapons, so you are forced to record while playing.

Upvote 0
it's not surfer, it's called douchebag.

and he's from Minnysoda, I don't think he's doing much surfin on lake superior
No no, its neither, and hes clearly probably a New York skater gangster wannabe.

Anyways, we already have a fair deal of footage, plus the hardly old footage from our buds at RO.RU (Thanks for the interview of TWI, now we have even more info!) showing tanking. The only footage we need is tank COMBAT. We already have plenty of infantry demos on YouTube, like 30.
:troll:?

Upvote 0
Fraps is a pile of crap and it's a bummer that it somehow became the most famous capture software.
PlayClaw is a lot better since it doesn't touch your ingame fps at all. The best for Capturing is virtualdub though. It's a bit tricky to set up and only works under XP but gives the best flexibility regarding codecs, size, filters etc.

The clan community asked TWI to implement 1st person weapons in demos several times. If they do it, you can convert demos to a video without the need to use crappy recording software. It also gives you the ability to get high fps raw footage for better slomos etc.

fraps is just fine....

I just encode it afteward with a free program.

Does't really hit the FPS that bad unless you are on an ancient PC, not sure what you are talking about.

Upvote 0
fraps is just fine....

I just encode it afteward with a free program.

Does't really hit the FPS that bad unless you are on an ancient PC, not sure what you are talking about.

What means not bad? And don't tell me you are recording half-size. I still prefer not noticing me recording and I can do that for free with virtualdub, while Fraps isn't free.

Upvote 0