• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Schiessfiebel - German air-to-air Shooting guide

Is the guy shooting four guns at the skateboarding bunny supposed to be a Russian, or are the Germans just making fun of the "inferior" on the ground troops?

Neither of those :) As he is painted, it's either supposed to look like a Bavarian / Austrian, or basically a hunter... but not a soldier. The caption says (roughly translated) "What good are all the guns, if all they do is shooting holes in the air?"

Upvote 0
Sure wish I knew what the words meant, but those pictures were hilarious enough on their own. ?

A go at some more of the comments to the pictures (ver loosely translated, since the text is made to rhyme, so it's written quite strange):

5: Missing often is poison to the self-confidence

7: If a fortress (B17) starts smoking then don't think of having won the palm, keep on shooting! - some regretted being happy too early

13: Theory is dull - Emil, train the aiming!

16: Cursing only heats up the head. When you are close to the enemy - be as cold as ice.

17: If you enter the dirt of the propeller your plane easily is pushed aside. Flee the smell! - and rather fly a bit above or below it.

27: Girl's love often is very treacherous - and the trajectory of tracers most of the time even more.

29: Resi is easy to defeat - but don't bend the Revi (Reflexvisier, the sight in the plane)

31: From time to time one hits quite well, but still the question is if there is any effect. In this case you - my son - surely took the wrong ammunition.

32 lower right, after giving general info on different ammo types: In L Dv 4000/10 you can see even more about this. The L Dv - thank god - lies in the safe of some stranger that can surely can't make use of it

33: The mine ammunition does to a tank as much as a flea to a Landser (German Infantry)

35: No one besides a hunter feels battle and victory so concentrated, that makes us happy, proud and glad - A horrido (a traditional hunter's salute) to hunting!

Upvote 0
[X] start flame war

Ah yes, it'd be better to give the several thousands of pilots that were trained and fought from june '44 until the end of the war no training and no guidance. Very clever. Oh and up yours too Shadrach.

Maybe this is all one big misunderstanding? What I'm trying to say is, the Luftwaffe no longer posed a serious threat to the allies in June 1944. Wouldn't you agree that publishing a self-confident textbook like that one was repressing the ongoing events from a German point of view? Especially in June '44?

I assume the textbook was only a complementary training guide to regular pilot training? If those 30 pages were everything new pilots had learned... well they should have been glad the Luftwaffe ran out of fuel and aircraft.

Upvote 0