• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mods to Retail?

Mods to Retail?

• Mosin Nagant M44 Bolt-Action with Bayonet

Votes: 28 44.4%
  • Horzine M7A3 Medic Rifle

Votes: 34 54.0%
  • Weapon Melee(LAW Hammer, pistol whip, ect)

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Hk MK23 Pistols

Votes: 31 49.2%
  • Reskinned Husk Launcher

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Other

Votes: 15 23.8%

• Total voters
Mosin Nagant M44? Yeah... a normal sniper rifle in KF is a great idea... but we will need more open maps for that :rolleyes:

There also should be more medic weapons as we said.. M7A3 is fine!

Weapon melee.... pistol/rifle/shotgun/etc whip- hell yeah!

Mk23... my favorite handgun ;) mainly because im a huge fan of Metal Gear Solid!

Husk launcher...? Nahhh.. Its would be good as some greylisted mutator!

However I have personally voted for Mosin.. !

Upvote 0
I feel that this thread is rather necessary, so long-awaited bump.

I personally believe the Mosin and Carver's weapons (all would need a little polish and the M7A3 needs a little role assessment, but altogether, it is looking fine) would do well, and to be honest, the arguments I've heard against their addition have been pretty pitiful :p

Upvote 0
I hope you don't mean my argument of Enfield vs Mosin. Hurf a durf. :IS2:
No, Im talking about the "I dontz leik dis wepon, add dis SA80 insted!" or the "I dont happen to have every used this weapon, or even read the arguments or description; my superior intellect tells me this is an exact clone of an existing weapon. And if it isn't den it steel sukz"

Anyways, I've already explained about the Enfeild Mosin thing :p

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
No offense, but after messing around with a lot of these modded weapons lately, I honestly think that most of these weapons are fun for playing with, but I don't think any of 'em are really polished or balanced enough to be retail...yet!

They're either too good, not good enough to be useful, or basically a rehash of something we already have.

The one that came the closest to feeling "Retail-worthy" for me, was the MK23 pistol, actually. I can't place what it was, but SOMETHING was a bit off about it, but something also feels almost right about it. It fills a handgun niche between the 9mm and the Handcannon pretty nicely and makes me really wanna see a fully polished version of it added alongside a Gunslinger perk!

Upvote 0
No offense, but after messing around with a lot of these modded weapons lately, I honestly think that most of these weapons are fun for playing with, but I don't think any of 'em are really polished or balanced enough to be retail...yet!

They're either too good, not good enough to be useful, or basically a rehash of something we already have.

The one that came the closest to feeling "Retail-worthy" for me, was the MK23 pistol, actually. I can't place what it was, but SOMETHING was a bit off about it, but something also feels almost right about it. It fills a handgun niche between the 9mm and the Handcannon pretty nicely and makes me really wanna see a fully polished version of it added alongside a Gunslinger perk!

actually, after playing a bit more with it, I feel that said pistols are definately retail-worthy. I still feel that the Nagant just needs a little polish to be ready, but I've spoken too much about it already.

Upvote 0
actually, after playing a bit more with it, I feel that said pistols are definately retail-worthy. I still feel that the Nagant just needs a little polish to be ready, but I've spoken too much about it already.

The Nagant works well (And a gun that can shoot with similar power to the LAR but can melee with a Bayonette is pretty much a Berserker's dream), but I just don't think it feels right. It feels more like a novelty item thrown in "Just because" than an actual Killing Floor Weapon. Like if they tossed in an M1 Garand or an MP40. Yeah, it'd be pretty sweet (And the M1 would instantly make the M14 hilariously obsolete!), but it just wouldn't fit right.

The pistols felt like they could definitely be something you'd see because, like the SCAR and AA12, they're sleek, modern weapons. If I had to pick 2, the Nagant would have to be my second choice, though. It IS well designed and works decently.

I'd really love to see a Husk Cannon, but...every version of it I've seen is just terrible. Either feels pointlessly weak or absurdly powerful...and always looks ridiculous.

[Edit]
I'd probably be more accepting of the Nagant if they'd find a way to include it that was stylish and fit into KF a bit. Maybe add it in when HoS is released, along with a new map...some sort of newly-uncovered WWII bunker that the team has to take refuge in as the hordes close in. Dusty crates, lots of suspiciously empty weapon racks...and the trader who conveniently now has the weapon that would be on those weapon racks. If they did something like this, they could add one or two WWII era weapons without it being too weird, IMO.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
[Edit]
I'd probably be more accepting of the Nagant if they'd find a way to include it that was stylish and fit into KF a bit. Maybe add it in when HoS is released, along with a new map...some sort of newly-uncovered WWII bunker that the team has to take refuge in as the hordes close in. Dusty crates, lots of suspiciously empty weapon racks...and the trader who conveniently now has the weapon that would be on those weapon racks. If they did something like this, they could add one or two WWII era weapons without it being too weird, IMO.

I'll adress the other argument later (too tired atm ;)), but the edit adresses something else I forgot to post here: that I was thinking of the Nagant, if released, as something to go with ROHOS, which would generally be an all around plus for TWI. :D

Upvote 0
The Mosin Nagant all the way i used this gun in the mod it made me smile very powerful wepon that just rocks faces. I hope your a good shot though can't really afford to miss with this gun. =)

I have have seen all of this idea's before in older threads and i comepletely support all of them being put into the game :)

Upvote 0