• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Question] Have pavlovshouse been optimized lately?

Ok I'm starting to get a little confused. First of all the game was GPU bound and we all needed a good GPU, then plenty of ram, in that order.

The game releases and it is now CPU bound? The devs state that there is a CPU issue that they are working on. The Devs also say most people who see performance issues are not suffering because of high polycount. Now you are optimising the game by reducing polycount in the maps and everyone is seeing the improvement??

Which is it :confused::confused: because we certainly can't tell from what we're being told atm :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok I'm starting to get a little confused. First of all the game was GPU bound and we all needed a good GPU, then plenty of ram, in that order.

The game releases and it is now CPU bound? The devs state that there is a CPU issue that they are working on. The Devs also say most people who see performance issues are not suffering because of high polycount. Now you are optimising the game by reducing polycount in the maps and everyone is seeing the improvement??

Which is it :confused::confused: because we certainly can't tell from what we're being told atm :(

nothing to add

Upvote 0
If you're going to tone down geometry/eye-candy, at least document it. I could run the game fine (Ultra) before, so I'd like to know what I'm being deprived of.

In my humble opinion, with this move, you TWI folks are going about "optimization" the wrong way. I appreciate your guys' efforts in patching the game up, but don't remove detail from everyone, some people can run that detail just fine. Surely there are other ways to fix performance issues?

---

Upvote 0
please do not cut graphic just to make the game run better..........if someone is trying to playing it on ultra with an old computer and he complains here on the forum, we'll tell him about his problem ;)

and please, if you cut graphics details on maps....write it on the changelog instead of only "client optimization".....just to let us know:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I liked the eralier way better, can we have it back :p
I ran it with no problems on my PC on ultra. and my PC isn't really high end, it's not bad either, but why do I have to suffer, only because people are unable to adjust their settings?

Sorry guys you can't have it both ways. Either we cut down detail in the levels and it runs better for a wider range of people, or we leave the detail and then everyone complains about "OMG this game doesn't run as good as every other game I play that just happens to be a console port with low detail." And unfortunately, another symptom of almost all recent shooters being console ports is everyone just cranks there graphics up to Ultra no matter what hardware they have, then come crying to us that the game doesn't run very good on their 3-5 year old hardware. This being due to the fact that games designed to run on 5 year old console hardware usually run awesome on 5 year old machines on the highest settings.

Sorry to be blunt, but sometimes I have to :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sorry guys you can't have it both ways. Either we cut down detail in the levels and it runs better for a wider range of people, or we leave the detail and then everyone complains about "OMG this game doesn't run as good as every other game I play that just happens to be a console port with low detail." And unfortunately, another symptom of almost all recent shooters being console ports is everyone just cranks there graphics up to Ultra no matter what hardware they have, then come crying to us that the game doesn't run very good on their 3-5 year old hardware. This being due to the fact that games designed to run on 5 year old console hardware usually run awesome on 5 year old machines on the highest settings.

Sorry to be blunt, but sometimes I have to :)

I'm starting to feel a bit insulted.

This is my system:
http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb352/tet5uo/P1010025.jpg

i7 980x six core, 4.0gHz
12GB Tri-Channel RAM
3-way SLI of GTX480
6 intel SSD's raid0 on areca 1880 hardware controller

This is my resource usage during an MP game.

http://s4.postimage.org/jbwqwv397/usage.png

So it's just me crying because I expect too much from this system?

If this game is just too much for this machine to handle then why is it barely using 20% CPU and 30% GPU?

Reducing polys on maps isn't going to help me at all. :mad: What I need is for this game engine to actually use the power available to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: K@n@y and Kirq
Upvote 0
There is obviously a problem on their end that they have to get figured out. If I were them I would ignore this damn forum though. Yes... the game isn't running well... they know, but everyone and their mother have to come in and make their own separate thread and demand refunds, and why isn't it fixed? etc. etc..

Jesus, give them some time. We're not even two weeks out from release.

Upvote 0
There is obviously a problem on their end that they have to get figured out. If I were them I would ignore this damn forum though. Yes... the game isn't running well... they know, but everyone and their mother have to come in and make their own separate thread and demand refunds, and why isn't it fixed? etc. etc..

Jesus, give them some time. We're not even two weeks out from release.

Yeah, I can understand the need for patience, but the statements made make it seem like they don't even consider this to be the game's fault.

If I'm just being unreasonable expecting to play on high settings with 60 FPS with the computer I have then they've apparently designed the game for PC's from the future.

Upvote 0
I dont understand...why cant we have sliders in the graphical menu with warnings for demanding/unoptimized levels of detail? (Remember the smoke particle effect from the beta anyone?)

You know, what graphics options are for.

If things keep going this way the game is going to look awful and even the people that could run the game fine in the first place will be unhappy.

Upvote 0
are you even read the complaints here? people with new >1000$ machines have low framerates.

I was quting Ramms post, so I answered to what he was saying.

And he wasn't talking about the CPU-Bug.

Read his post again, then mine, thing for second and you will see, that you had no reason to write that post.

BTW having a good PC doesn't mean, that every game has to run on best grapical settings on it.

Upvote 0
I'm starting to feel a bit insulted.

This is my system:
[url]http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb352/tet5uo/P1010025.jpg[/URL]

i7 980x six core, 4.0gHz
12GB Tri-Channel RAM
3-way SLI of GTX480
6 intel SSD's raid0 on areca 1880 hardware controller

This is my resource usage during an MP game.

[url]http://s4.postimage.org/jbwqwv397/usage.png[/URL]

So it's just me crying because I expect too much from this system?

If this game is just too much for this machine to handle then why is it barely using 20% CPU and 30% GPU?

Reducing polys on maps isn't going to help me at all. :mad: What I need is for this game engine to actually use the power available to it.
The game isn't multithreaded enough to be able to exploit your hardware.

You have many computing units (multicore cpu, multi gpu), but if the software isn't made to use many threads, then it's totally useless to have such a rig :)

Upvote 0
The game isn't multithreaded enough to be able to exploit your hardware.

You have many computing units (multicore cpu, multi gpu), but if the software isn't made to use many threads, then it's totally useless to have such a rig :)

That's not so comforting. why make such an ambitiously large scale game that can't use the resources available.

Upvote 0