• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Female Red Army soldiers

some of the dismissals sound awfully close to what a closet-misogynist might say.

i think women sniper will be interesting.

It's been said the "snipers" we've seen so far we've seen in RO, are more dedicated company level marksmen, not real snipers. I understand most female soldiers were of the later kind. So I don't know how realistic it would be to have women soldiers as dedicated marksmen, or any front-line soldiers. If so, I'm all for it.

I suggested a real sniper single player campaign mod, that should have women snipers: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=43363

Upvote 0
Lemon is back!
Let's say the whole Red Army Team has a total number of players which is ... well 32, what about 2 being female?
Still too many?

I think 1 would already be inaccurate. Most women that fought were nurses that had to fight their way to the injured, but I don't think they were part of the platoons.

However, there was a case that I read somewhere that there was a position in Stalingrad that was almost exclusively defended by women.

Women certainly fought in Stalingrad, but I wouldn't know how to realistically implement them in the game without making it a very hard task for the devs.

Upvote 0
I think 1 would already be inaccurate. Most women that fought were nurses that had to fight their way to the injured, but I don't think they were part of the platoons.

However, there was a case that I read somewhere that there was a position in Stalingrad that was almost exclusively defended by women.

Women certainly fought in Stalingrad, but I wouldn't know how to realistically implement them in the game without making it a very hard task for the devs.

There are accounts of Russian flak batteries being caught up (used in the AT role) in the fighting around Stalingrad. Those have been "manned" by women.

And only the crews itself were women, not their infantry protection.

Upvote 0
uuu

:3333

Upvote 0
This could work. You could do something like this:

98% of Red Army players spawn as men.
0% of Red Army assault troops spawn as women.
0.01% of Red Army riflemen spawn as women.
0% of Red Army pioneers spawn as women.
0.01% of Red Army Machine gunners spawn as women.
0% of Red Army tankers spawn as women.
1.98% of Red Army snipers spawn as women.

Make it not be a choice to spawn as a woman or a man, but rather just a random generator.

Reactions: Haggs
Upvote 0
Oh gawd, no. Not this again! :rolleyes:
Though it may be historically accurate, as an adult male, it is already embarassing enough listening to the testosterone challenged and sexaully frustrated nerds hit up on any female that tries to enjoy the game. :eek:

And then to have to listen to them b*tch when they spawn as a female?? I can only begin to imagine the hygene comments....... No thanks.

Upvote 0