• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-RuralRoadNight

S281

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 23, 2009
CA
Map Name: KF-RuralRoadNight

Whitelist: Pending

Download Link: http://www.filefront.com/17764895/KF-RuralRoadNight.rarhttp://www.filefront.com/17764910/KF-RuralRoadNight.rar

Description: Takes place at night along a road. There are 3 main buildings along with 3 traders around the map.

ScreenShots:

RR3.jpg

RR2.jpg

RR1.jpg

Last edited:
Try putting it in again and restarting KF. It should work just fine. I just did it and it showed up at the bottom of my map list.

I'm having the same problem, and I already knew to restart KF without reading this. All I'm saying is I know how to do this, and something's wrong.

Does it have anything to do with the compression? I ask because there's a massive difference is filesize, as it's 12.3 MB archived, but a whopping 37.8 MB uncompressed.

That's more than 3 times the size and doesn't seem normal.

Upvote 0
Now it works, looks pretty good thought.

But i still dislike kf maps gameplay, i always expect to find something new or cool about them, but its always just a place to look at, no interactivity with players, for example, things to activate, or destroy, places to hide, etc, but i guess we cant do much with current Ai, that is beyond retarded, even in early 90s games i seen much better elaborated Ai's and gameplay, by far.

But our specimens just walk towards us, in a straight line, thats all and thats it, they all behave almost exactly the same as well, and they always know where we are somehow, the best they can do is lean left or right from a grenade, hahah, cant do any maps with any kind of strategy based against such enemys, would be total cowardly.

Reactions: Fel
Upvote 0
Now it works, looks pretty good thought.

But i still dislike kf maps gameplay, i always expect to find something new or cool about them, but its always just a place to look at, no interactivity with players, for example, things to activate, or destroy, places to hide, etc,

Wait for the mission map ^.^

But our specimens just walk towards us, in a straight line, thats all and thats it, they all behave almost exactly the same as well, and they always know where we are somehow, the best they can do is lean left or right from a grenade, hahah, cant do any maps with any kind of strategy based against such enemys, would be total cowardly.
Thats all about how the mapper places his path nodes. alot of poeple will palce them in a straight line, so of course the zeds will walk that way. The trick is to Zig-zag pathnodes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I always supported missions maps since the very beginning, although they pretty much solve the current poorness of the gameplay in a doable manner, but still i think they are far from ideal (dreams of a KF2 with new Ai).

Sadly i cant play them with my mod, or weapons will be unbalanced, unless they had traders instead of -weapon pickup from the ground- silly thing.

Reactions: Fel
Upvote 0