• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Horrible FPS Lag Since Windows 7

I'm having issues with FPS lag as well, I have reduced all my graphics settings to low and followed all the instructions on the different suggestion topics.

Specs:
Windows 7 (64-bit)
AMD Turion 64 X2 2.2 GHz
nVidia GeForce 7150M (128 MB)

I've noticed that the lag starts whenever I find enemies, if no enemies are present, everything runs smoothly...

Upvote 0
I'm having issues with FPS lag as well, I have reduced all my graphics settings to low and followed all the instructions on the different suggestion topics.

Specs:
Windows 7 (64-bit)
AMD Turion 64 X2 2.2 GHz

I've noticed that the lag starts whenever I find enemies, if no enemies are present, everything runs smoothly...

Your computer isn't really powerful enough to run Windows 7 and game, does lag often occur in other games?

Also, please post your RAM

Reactions: Vaecrius
Upvote 0
Your computer isn't really powerful enough to run Windows 7 and game, does lag often occur in other games?

Specs(Updated):
Windows 7 (64-bit)
AMD Turion 64 X2 2.2 GHz
4 GB DDR2 RAM

Also, with the minimum requirements at 64 MB Video RAM (Which I figure would be my greatest concern), this game should be running fine on minimum settings. I should also add that the framerate did not change significantly after disabling all the fancy visual features on Windows 7, so I don't think running both is the problem.

Upvote 0

Windows 7
Intel Atom 230 Processor 1.6ghz
Nvidia Ion LE
3gigs ram

It used to run fine at medium settings when i had XP, but i can barely play at lowest.

I already tried turning off the "Reduce Mouse Lag" and turned off "Mouse Smoothing"
Turned 3D Audio to "Safe Mode", all extra special effect is off such as the weather, coronas, Motion Blur etc, everything is off.

Everything is on Lowest or None.

Thanks,

Jordan

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This has to do with a weird Windows 7 feature called "core parking" a lot of applications are having trouble with that.

I had the same issue with the game and Windows 7 (i7 8x2,9ghz, 6gb ddr3 memory and GeForce 285GTX and it started lagging when the first enemies appeared)

The thing is, that Windows 7 tries to offbalance the CPU load to one core if he thinks he's able to handle it, this lead in my case to that point, that Core0 was on 100% load and all other 7 cores were doing nothing.

A lot of other applications are facing those issues with W7 and coreparking, you can dissable this feature with changing a registry key and reboot.

- Go to Regedit

- Find this key:- " 0cc5b647-c1df-4637-891a-dec35c318583 "

- Within this key, there is a value called: "ValueMax "

- This value represents the % number of cores the system will park - the default 100% ie: all Cores are potentially park-able

- Change the value from 64 to 0 so the " ValueMin " and " ValueMax " are both zero

- You will have to find the key a few times and repeat the process for each time it is found - the number of instances will depend on the number of power profiles in your system

- Do a full shutdown and power-off and cold-re-start

After this the lag issue should be resolved.

Upvote 0