• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Combat Mission series!

Yes it looks great the only EXTREMELY IRRITATING issue is the lack of tcp-ip wego with or without replay...

Steve DID say that they would hopefully be able to add in a patch a RT game with an auto-pause function, which in fact would in some ways be better than wego. (i.e. you play RT for 60 seconds... then the game pauses, you survey the battlefield, adjust orders etc., when both players are ready you unpause for another 60 seconds)

Apparently adding wego with tcp-ip is some huge programming hurdle. RT with pause is much less so (according to the devs).

I guess till then I can just play wego "tcp-ip" using dropbox. Not ideal, but it works. I'll start a steam group once it comes out so we can all see when other people are online. It's hard as hell to find players...

Another relatively minor issue is the inability to move waypoints (so you have to cancel them... not cool in RT), and several LOS bugs. Also tank riding will not be in BfN :(. But hey, as long as we have it by the time the Ostfront game comes out I'll be happy... can't wait to see my SMG troops riding on my glorious T-34s as they speed through the snow punching into the fascists' flank! On the upside of things, CMx2 DOES allow you to issue fire orders from movement waypoints which is VERY useful. (i.e. tell tank to reverse, move behind the forest, go up a hill and then open fire on a building... all without any input from you after you issue the order)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes it looks great the only EXTREMELY IRRITATING issue is the lack of tcp-ip wego with or without replay...

Steve DID say that they would hopefully be able to add in a patch a RT game with an auto-pause function, which in fact would in some ways be better than wego. (i.e. you play RT for 60 seconds... then the game pauses, you survey the battlefield, adjust orders etc., when both players are ready you unpause for another 60 seconds)

Apparently adding wego with tcp-ip is some huge programming hurdle. RT with pause is much less so (according to the devs).

I guess till then I can just play wego "tcp-ip" using dropbox. Not ideal, but it works. I'll start a steam group once it comes out so we can all see when other people are online. It's hard as hell to find players...

Another relatively minor issue is the inability to move waypoints (so you have to cancel them... not cool in RT), and several LOS bugs. Also tank riding will not be in BfN :(. But hey, as long as we have it by the time the Ostfront game comes out I'll be happy... can't wait to see my SMG troops riding on my glorious T-34s as they speed through the snow punching into the fascists' flank! On the upside of things, CMx2 DOES allow you to issue fire orders from movement waypoints which is VERY useful. (i.e. tell tank to reverse, move behind the forest, go up a hill and then open fire on a building... all without any input from you after you issue the order)

I wasn't aware of all these issues, hmm. But it will not deter me from purchasing this game.

I started with CMBO and PBEM matches and then TCP/IP when it was patched. The WEGO system is great for games like this, and it is a shame it will not be implemented the same exact way in this title. I hope they figure it out somehow, I'd prefer the old school WEGO system they had in CMBB for example.

The auto-pause option you mention would in fact be almost identical to the WEGO system. 60 seconds of action, game pauses, players issue orders, correct them, unpause, and continue. However during the action, the players are still able to issue, cancel, or correct orders. To me that sounds like the best option. Though I am afraid this may lead to, who is better at micro managing. With the WEGO system, no matter how great your micro managing ability might be, it didn't matter as both players had equal time to issue orders.

The inability to move way points, hmm... I hope they fix that too. As from my understanding there really isn't an order delay anymore, or am I wrong?

I am all for the steam group, reading about this new title makes me want to fire up a QB for CMBB. Ahh, nostalgia.

Upvote 0
No order delay.

And I agree with you about auto-pause being superior to wego (since you could adjust orders WHILE it's playing out instead of watching your men waltz into MG fire they would have IRL pulled back from)

And I still play CMBB tcp-ip all the time dude. Get on hamachi network:

cerberusnox

no password

(most people require hamachi to get tcp-ip to work in CMBB... just DL it's tiny and works great)

Upvote 0
Release date... yes... it's only a month away! You can pre-order now:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/announcement.php?f=124&a=388

Looks like BFC jumped on the "let's raise PC game prices" bandwagon =P

Again guys, join my steam group so we can easily set up games. Although no tcp-ip wego is included we can basically wing it by doing it via dropbox. Be sure to add everyone in the group to your friends list for easy communication.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/CMBfN

Boatload of new great screenies here too:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=275&Itemid=458

Last edited:
Upvote 0