• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why the bolting must remain manual!!!!!

I've always felt that all players should be experiencing the same thing. I mean, I could get on an xbox and play CoD like I would Ostfront (of course to a certain extent), but it'd feel pointless. I might as well play singleplayer since no one is really playing the same game as me. A magnification surely, but it illustrates my point.

I want to be playing a game that has manual bolting. If it's not universal, then it's just candy to have manual bolting on my end.

For relaxed realism? Make it an option.

Upvote 0
I've always felt that all players should be experiencing the same thing. I mean, I could get on an xbox and play CoD like I would Ostfront (of course to a certain extent), but it'd feel pointless. I might as well play singleplayer since no one is really playing the same game as me. A magnification surely, but it illustrates my point.

I want to be playing a game that has manual bolting. If it's not universal, then it's just candy to have manual bolting on my end.

For relaxed realism? Make it an option.

It's not about realism, the way they are doing it is simply meant to encourage players to manual bolt if they have to skill level to do so. The example doesn't really work, I prefer to hold my iron sight button, some prefer to toggle it. Some people don't want to worry about the bolt, but those who do can be more proficient if they have the skill to get the timing right. This is realistic, some people are faster at working the bolt than others.

I frankly don't even get what anyone is crying about, the bolt action in auto is normal pace, the bolt in manual is capable of being faster. What more could you ask for than small things that allow skill to really show through.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's not about realism, the way they are doing it is simply meant to encourage players to manual bolt if they have to skill level to do so. The example doesn't really work, I prefer to hold my iron sight button, some prefer to toggle it. Some people don't want to worry about the bolt, but those who do can be more proficient if they have the skill to get the timing right. This is realistic, some people are faster at working the bolt than others.

I frankly don't even get what anyone is crying about, the bolt action in auto is normal pace, the bolt in manual is capable of being faster. What more could you ask for than small things that allow skill to really show through.

There's alot I don't agree with you about, but this does make sense and it really is hard to argue. In the end, those auto bolting will almost always be at a disadvantage to those doing it manually.

Upvote 0