• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Voodoo Extreme' 2nd Video

The reason why he Runs n' guns is he's confident fps player.

In every fps game, there is a place for Run n' gun, it can be a very successful tactic in the right surroundings. attack or defence. it's also more entertaining to watch than someone camping, clipping from cover.
Each to their own.

Exactly. Each class has a role, why not respect those who enjoy the other side? Also, yes, I am extremely confident in FPS games just as I am RTS. Most games I play I want to initiate, it's just how I am. I literally go out of my way to seek out the fight, flank, throw off a good defense (or even offense) with aggressive tactics. For me it makes gameplay exciting, and it's much better than waiting for the fight to come to you (with some exceptions, such as when you saw me camp prone behind a fence and take out two guys in a row, we were out of tickets and I was the last one alive... we won!).

You know, it should be exciting for the other side too, because when guys like me around around you've got a target that you know will be hunting you just as much as you're hunting them. It keeps you on your toes, so you can't be so campy. What's not to like about a challenge? :)

I have to say this again though, rifles are extremely lethal at any range. One shot one kill is almost always the situation, and they don't scream out "LOOK MY WAY!" as much as an SMG going off. Riflemen get to be much more stealthy, much more effective at range, and much more devastating when dealing with range scenarios because they've got an effective combat range way beyond the SMG.

If I can find time to get some rifle time I will. I just got out of a play session where I was finally 1-2 shotting tanks like mad, now that I know their weak spots and angles of attack it's not all that difficult. I also had some epic artillery calls, one scored me 6-8 kills.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Kind of strikes me that all we've seen so far is typical rattenkrieg maps that are way overplayed in ww2 fps. Where are fightings that were the most common and happened 90% of the time in ww2 where infantry engages each other on a long distance, squad leader sends few to advance, while the mg and the rest gives a covering fire from behind.

Reactions: Mafiozo
Upvote 0
Exactly. Each class has a role, why not respect those who enjoy the other side? Also, yes, I am extremely confident in FPS games just as I am RTS. Most games I play I want to initiate, it's just how I am. I literally go out of my way to seek out the fight, flank, throw off a good defense (or even offense) with aggressive tactics. For me it makes gameplay exciting, and it's much better than waiting for the fight to come to you (with some exceptions, such as when you saw me camp prone behind a fence and take out two guys in a row, we were out of tickets and I was the last one alive... we won!).

You know, it should be exciting for the other side too, because when guys like me around around you've got a target that you know will be hunting you just as much as you're hunting them. It keeps you on your toes, so you can't be so campy. What's not to like about a challenge?

Your playing style, is alot like mine, indeed you could be related to me :)
Ive been playing in e-sports on and off for the last ten years or so.
In every team ive played, what ever the game, my role was always rusher. be it attack or defence.
I fullly understand your game style.. You shouldn't have to explain yourself, alot of people hate rushers or Run n' gun tactics, main reason is because they can't handle it.. Some people are born to game, you are one of them :)

See you in the game..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Question: does getting wounded have any long-term effects on you?

I saw you take 2 MG34 bullets in the legs and after a 0.7 sec bandage off you go sprinting fullspeed again.

Also, still goddamn ping-pong tanks that almost fall over from recoil. I'm sure this is fixed in retail, but it's looking real bad right now

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Kind of strikes me that all we've seen so far is typical rattenkrieg maps that are way overplayed in ww2 fps. Where are fightings that were the most common and happened 90% of the time in ww2 where infantry engages each other on a long distance, squad leader sends few to advance, while the mg and the rest gives a covering fire from behind.

Well it is Stalingrad, where rettenkrieg is epitomized. Anyways, there are some decent long range rifling maps, or parts of maps, but there hasn't been that much of it put up. Maybe because it's not as exciting to most people as SMG fights.

Upvote 0
In every team ive played, what ever the game, my role was always rusher. be it attack or defence.
I fullly understand your game style.. You shouldn't have to explain yourself, alot of people hate rushers or Run n' gun tactics, main reason is because they can't handle it.. Some people are born to game, you are one of them :)

You shouldn't have to explain yourself.
Would like to see more of your videos plz.

If your role is the rusher in any game possible you are probably pretty bad. Its obvious its the most forgiving tactic, as you can see in the vid, where he misses most his shots and cant hip shot but still manages to get some kills.

Dont get me wrong, well placed and timed rushes are a very effective tactic. Running around holding leftclick hoping the enemy is bad/unlucky enough to miss you is not, and should get you killed a lot in a server with decent players.

Upvote 0

See you in the game..

Nice, sounds like we have some stuff in common. I don't have as much time for leagues and tournaments these days, plus I'm getting older. I'm trying to keep my skills fresh but I get the impression they'll fade over time. :)

There was someone else here that said the same. It's definitely a fun play style in my book. I used to be a rail junkie in Quake 2 and Quake 3 for awhile, and an AWPer in Counter-Strike when I was at my prime, but even then I was very aggressive. I just can't sit back, it's not my thing.

That is my rig yes, although I still want more power. It's never enough!

Question: does getting wounded have any long-term effects on you?

I saw you take 2 MG34 bullets in the legs and after a 0.7 sec bandage off you go sprinting fullspeed again.

Also, still goddamn ping-pong tanks that almost fall over from recoil. I'm sure this is fixed in retail, but it's looking real bad right now

Once bandaged not that I've observed, no. Wounds and bleeding can turn into a big problem really fast though which is why I got in the habit of bandaging asap. There were so many times I'd get hit and wait, only to bleed out a few seconds later.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Errhmm, is it me or do we have some sort of "confirm-hit-sound" playing with every bullet that hits a man?

+1 to this. At one point a guy is 2 floors up and you can hear that squelchy bullet hit sound when he's firing at an enemy on the ground super loud. (like its right to him) Is this just a beta thing? - It's pretty MOH arcadey.

Another thing, and dont flame me, cause surely someone has asked it aswell; Can you turn off friendly playernames, that has been shown in the video? I would like it on ofcourse, but the same as in RO1. Meaning, when looking at someone for a short period of time (close), his name shows up, then goes away.

Would love to know this too. Those constant names are a real immersion killer.

Upvote 0
mg42_remix_by_gleto-d47y1vm.jpg

EDIT. p.s. Sorry, I couldn't help plugging in my art. X) but the video made me feel like this though!!
Really nice looking art man :O

Upvote 0
You know, it should be exciting for the other side too, because when guys like me around around you've got a target that you know will be hunting you just as much as you're hunting them. It keeps you on your toes, so you can't be so campy. What's not to like about a challenge? :)

Every time someone says "the SMG is just run-and-gun, spray-and-pray", I hear:

"Waaaah! Waaaah! Please mum, make him stop shooting me, it's unfair!!!!"

They of course will talk about skill etc... as if aiming a crosshair or iron sight, when there is no real physical danger, is actually hard. They will never mention skill in regards to concealment, cover and movement. Oh no, only shooting takes skill... all the other things an SMG guy has to do to stay alive don't count.

The thing I know from my rather long FPS experience is that the people who think an SMG takes no skill, suck with the SMG because they can't wrap their head around using cover and concealment to close the distance. I usually find I can beat those guys with ANY weapon. Hell I've even bamboozled guys like that into shooting each other instead of me, simply by carefully choosing how I move through the map.

I know from watching you play that you have the same kind of skill set. For the assault trooper, movement is as much of a weapon as the gun is. Using it properly is how you get kills.

The other reason guys like you end up generating a lot of moaning is because you keep attacking these guys from unexpected directions. Half the time you are actually behind their front line shooting them in the back. It wouldn't matter if you had an SMG or a slingshot... you still would have got a ton of kills because they had no idea where you were.

THAT is skill.

Anyone can hide in a bush and snipe from long range.

Upvote 0

If your role is the rusher in any game possible you are probably pretty bad. Its obvious its the most forgiving tactic, as you can see in the vid, where he misses most his shots and cant hip shot but still manages to get some kills.

Dont get me wrong, well placed and timed rushes are a very effective tactic. Running around holding leftclick hoping the enemy is bad/unlucky enough to miss you is not, and should get you killed a lot in a server with decent players.

Lisin,
A rusher requires speed, fast reflexes, aim, map knowledge, etc
By rushing, I don't mean just running until i find enemies. I mean running with a purpose, knowing where a team should be grouped, or where team individuals are. Hitting their flank hoping to cause mayhem. Not necessarily always killing them, quite often it's just to let them know im there. Be a distraction! buy time for my team. If im able to infiltrate the the opposing teams spawn, very hard for them to put up a good defence on a objective, flag etc knowing im there.. If they ignore me, then their team is dead.

Ohmwrecker was having fun.
He wasn't playing against a fully organised team, in doing so he could cause havoc. He was having fun, and his videos were good.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't fear using rifles at all, actually I used the semi auto rifle from a distance primarily in two full rounds yesterday and tied for 2nd place in one round, but earned 1st in the other. Trust me when I say that I'm proficient with any weapon I pick up, I just prefer to have the greatest level of mobility especially when I'm on a mode that is about pushing objectives or breaking defensive fronts.

See screenshots, there are two scoreboards if you think I'm blowing smoke. My opponents are by no means noobs either, these are experienced testers and clan types. :)

Attachments

• rogame 2011-08-26 21-07-37-98.jpg
    rogame 2011-08-26 21-07-37-98.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 0
  • rogame 2011-08-26 21-02-03-13.jpg
    rogame 2011-08-26 21-02-03-13.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0