• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Speed hack detected, you are session banned

I'm subscribed to you on youtube op :p

And yeah, Pb is meh, I've never had anything but problems with it, getting kicked randomly in games from Cod4 to Bf2142. Not to happy about it being in Hos.

What kind of anti cheat did Ostfront use besides Vac? Active admins I presume? Seemed to work fine.. Hopefully there will be some good pb-free servers.

Upvote 0
So we tuned the Speedhack detection to be pretty stringent. Server admins can loosen the thresholds up a bit if they are getting false positives. We never saw any false positives in our internal testing, but it looks like a few are starting to pop up. We might tweak the threshold up a bit for the next update.

Upvote 0
look at them cheaters crying...

This began to happen to me just last night and I don't hack or cheat, never have and have no interest to ever start.... there's simply no fun to it.

It only happened to me on one server and that specific server only had one player on it, which was probably the host of the server..... it is an issue, as I suspect the only reason why he was the only one on there was because the server was kicking everybody else off for the same reason it kicked me off, which was this packet loss thing.

Another glitch that happened to me yesterday a couple of times, which could be related, was sometimes I'd spawn and start to run halfway across the map, then the next thing I know, I'm right back in spawn again with all my running energy wasted from the time I was just running..... then I'd run off again to get back to the front with most of my energy wasted, and then I'd be plopped back into spawn again.... it drove me friggin nuts.

Upvote 0
Short and sweet - if you're experiencing packetloss, you will be notified of "Speed hack detected" in the event that your position updates by more than anticipated (due to said packetloss). After a few seconds of this you'll trigger the new anti-speedhack code.

At the time this happened to me (very first game after the patch just now), I was experiencing around 20-30% packetloss for a period of a few minutes (wonderful ISP, but that's another story). This was enough to gain a session ban due to said speedhack detection.

are you by any chance the ARMA 2 dslyecxi?

Upvote 0
I wan't anti cheat software. I'm fine with VAC, but PB simply blows. I got so many problems with it , may it be steam overlay, ping, settings in battlefield 2. its simply bad and often triggers bans incorrectly.

Indeed.... I want anti-cheating programs to keep out the hackers and cheaters... but not if it's going to kick me for doing something I'm not doing, or because I'm using a wireless internet and has a bit of a ping issue from time to time.

I haven't been told I was speed hacking and I haven't been banned from any servers I've played on.... I was only kicked twice on one server due to something relating to packet loss.... and I'm not too familiar on what that's all about.

No other game I play online gives me this issue.... heck my BF:BC2 uses punkbuster and never once tossed me off the server for anything. Once in a blue moon I lose my connection to a server, but that's due to my crappy wireless. I'd love to cable my computer to my internet directly, but due to how my apartment is setup, the only place I can put my modem is right by the main doorway, so there's no place to fit my computer desk there and feeding a cable all the way through my apartment to my computer isn't practical.... so I'm using the wireless.

And from being an RO player since the mod days who never cheated or hacked in the game..... ever, I take a little offense towards the ignorant comments from some just assuming I'm a cheater wanting to cheat.

There is a legit problem here for a few players who are playing the game honestly but are getting kicked..... and if you people don't want to take this seriously and just spout off one-liners about them all being hackers, including myself.... then ye can kiss me arse.

Upvote 0
This began to happen to me just last night and I don't hack or cheat, never have and have no interest to ever start.... there's simply no fun to it.

It only happened to me on one server and that specific server only had one player on it, which was probably the host of the server..... it is an issue, as I suspect the only reason why he was the only one on there was because the server was kicking everybody else off for the same reason it kicked me off, which was this packet loss thing.

Another glitch that happened to me yesterday a couple of times, which could be related, was sometimes I'd spawn and start to run halfway across the map, then the next thing I know, I'm right back in spawn again with all my running energy wasted from the time I was just running..... then I'd run off again to get back to the front with most of my energy wasted, and then I'd be plopped back into spawn again.... it drove me friggin nuts.

The update with the speed hack detection was just released a couple of hours ago. If this was happening to you last night it was something else.

Upvote 0
So we tuned the Speedhack detection to be pretty stringent. Server admins can loosen the thresholds up a bit if they are getting false positives. We never saw any false positives in our internal testing, but it looks like a few are starting to pop up. We might tweak the threshold up a bit for the next update.

And what are those commands again? I seem to recall a dev posting up about it a few days ago, but now, i can't find it for the life of me :)

Upvote 0
It's odd how people immidiately tie Punkbuster to the speed hack detection thing.

From what I can tell, speed hacking causes a session ban, which means that if you reconnect and make a "new" session, you should be able to play again if the speedhack is turned off.

Punkbuster on the other hand tends to ban people permanently when it detects you cheating. Which makes me believe that Punkbuster and that particular speedhack detection thing are seperated.

I'm not saying that the detection is 100% accurate, and it might give false positives. But I don't think we need another topic of "Punkbuster sucks".

Upvote 0