• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Low Shadow Quality = HUGE ADVANTAGE

If they can't fix it. They should just remove the low settings option and then remove any way of making the game appear like this. Yes it'll alienate those with low spec PC's but:

1) Most players probably run low for their own advantage rather than as a necessity
2) The players who can run the game on medium to ultra far outstrip those that can only run it on low, I have no statistics or facts to back this up but I'm confident in that.

Reactions: dsi1
Upvote 0
This is a problem in every PC game I've played. People who turn settings down have a pronounced advantage. It's one of the few things that consoles can avoid due to all having the same hardware. :(

No idea how they can fix it, force shadows on and half the people can no longer run the game well enough. Force shadows off and it looks a lot worse.

Upvote 0
I see you are using this to your advantage.

To my advantage ? You wrong, i only noticed after i read this topic, and one more thing, the glow is much more visible in screenshoots, in game is not that visible like the screens this guy posted above. source: tested by my self.
Also, i really dont see such advantage, 30-50 meters away you cant see any glow effect...

Upvote 0
I hate twats that lower their graphic settings to give them stupid advantages. Am I the only one that counts this as cheating?

That is like the ONE good thing about Consoles. Everyone has the same specs and graphic settings.
No, that is the responsibility of the developer not that of the user with budget PC's that like to have the game playable.

It's cheating when you get advantages above all other players. All players can lower their settings and have the same benefit in this game (actually its a bug here)
In any other game, higher graphic settings are an advantage over lower graphic settings.

Upvote 0