• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Thanks Tripwire for the 20% Discount!

ItsJono

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Thanks Tripwire for that 20% discount, being that I own the previous games. it would've been nice to get a 25%-30% discount since I am an owner of Killing Floor also since i'm a cheap-*** ;) Can't win them all. I seriously wasn't expecting any kind of "loyalty"-type discount. Brilliant way of getting that loyalty and I hope more developers do it. I also hope that it doesn't take away from your guys' income :)

Regardless! I am really grateful for that 20%. You guys gotta eat, right? :p Seriously. Well done guys, I hope you guys are really successful with this game and that your hard work pays off.

THANK YOU TRIPWIRE TEAM!

Last edited:
This is why I love Tripwire. I'm pretty sure I remember when one of the TWI staff (was it Wilsonam?) said that there is no game that is really, truly worth $60, the price often asked. The funny thing, though, they end up releasing a game's deluxe edition with the promise of years of love and care from the devs *looks at KF and RO1* and it is easily worth way more than $60 and a lot of people, including myself, would gladly pay that when the game gets to the end of its life. But I am also a selfish person who doesn't get much money, so I will ask the devs to perhaps ignore that last bit in case they change their mind. :p

But I like what TWI do... They could sell 100,000 copies of a game for $60, but they choose to release it at $20 and manage to coax an extra 200,000 people to buy it, giving 300,000 sales with the same profit as 100,000 x $60. Unlike a lot of other devs, it seems that TWI want more people to play the game due to being at a price that makes it more accessible or a purchase-on-a-whim item, unlike those who just want to see how many people will buy the game at the highest price they can imagine, which makes game purchasing a matter of careful choice as you'd see with the other AAA titles.

Upvote 0
Im only going to buy two (new) games this year.

Thats RO:2 and Skyrim. Skyrim, and ironically RO2 are the only games that I'd pay full retail price for; because they are the only games with enough content and entertainment to be worth that 60 bucks. Im not going to pay 60 dollars for another CoD rehash, or "Generic boring shooter # 478"

Since my RO2 purchase was only 39 bucks, that's obviously a huge added bonus, and I'll be sure to buy a boxed copy down the road when I can afford to have two copies of the same game :p

Upvote 0