• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sway is WAY too small

I don't think so. After running I don't find my hands shaking like I am having a seizure which is what RO1 had going on. The simple fact of the matter is that it's not that hard to hit a target from 100 m, tired or not.

There is no doubt RO1 had unrealistic and crazy sway that made the game artificially harder. But after sprinting for thirty seconds and then making pin point shots is silly. Takes a second or two to calm your breathing. That's all a lot of people want. Then you have the people who want RO2 to be RO1. I find RO2 to be pretty brilliant so far minus this small point.

Upvote 0
MG shooting people in close range is the fault of the player. He can do it as a last resort, but to be the most effective he should be suppressing the enemy and support his allies.
Incorrect, on most close range maps, which is the majority of ro2 maps, the most effective way to use an by a very large margin is to go rambo mode, because you are easily worth two mp-40's in terms of combat effectiveness.

Who is hip shooting at 50-100 meters? Why did this come up?
All good players of ro1 (ostfront), with a lot of success. It came up as an example of how realistically modeled gun handling can result in unrealistic behavior.

Exactly. You for some reason seem hell bent that adding sway will destroy game play because of "campers". I disagree with this premise, the only evidence you have to support your argument is based on a non factor, which is the current camping trend on fallen fighters due to new players. With bullet penetration, faster sprinting, more fluid movement, I highly doubt attackers will have trouble assaulting with 2 seconds of sway after you've exhausted your sprint bar.
It will not destroy the game, it will make it slower, which is unnecessary since it is slow enough as it is (quite a bit slower than ostfront in fact). Slower game - less fun, less fun - fewer players, fewer servers and then even less fun. Capisce?

Upvote 0
There is no doubt RO1 had unrealistic and crazy sway that made the game artificially harder. But after sprinting for thirty seconds and then making pin point shots is silly. Takes a second or two to calm your breathing. That's all a lot of people want. Then you have the people who want RO2 to be RO1. I find RO2 to be pretty brilliant so far minus this small point.
It's not silly when you consider that running isn't that taxing on the body + there's a lot of adrenaline going because these people are afraid for their life. Overall I think its perfectly reasonable.

Upvote 0
Incorrect, on most close range maps, which is the majority of ro2 maps, the most effective way to use an by a very large margin is to go rambo mode, because you are easily worth two mp-40's in terms of combat effectiveness.

All good players of ro1 (ostfront), with a lot of success. It came up as an example of how realistically modeled gun handling can result in unrealistic behavior.

It will not destroy the game, it will make it slower, which is unnecessary since it is slow enough as it is (quite a bit slower than ostfront in fact). Slower game - less fun, less fun - fewer players, fewer servers and then even less fun. Capisce?

Lol. Now your making me laugh. Shutting down an entire path with an MG>another assault guy.

No one is shooting people with an mp40 at 50 meters with hip shot on RO2 nor RO1. I havn't seen that in hours and hours of game play

RO is much slower then RO2. In RO2 people are much faster, more manuverable, they can vault over obstacles and through windows, MUCH longer sprint time. Who says slower is less fun?

Do you even know what your talking about anymore? If your trolling, that nice, have a good day.

Upvote 0
you are the noobs, since these "sit behind my sandbags" worked in RO1 and made fun and that game really realistic. With coversystem from Ro2 its even better. So why do we have a cover system and all that if you are much better if you stand free give a fast shot and run away
Everything you said is wrong, every single sentence, so I will not waste any time elaborating further, except pointing out again that everything you said is complete and utter nonsense. If you have any doubts, pm me and I will demonstrate you in both games exactly how wrong you are.

Upvote 0
Key word(s): "semi realistic". It is still a game made to be enjoyable, not boring. Also, what exactly makes sway so special, that it should be in the game, while for example realistic capture mechanic should not?Defenders defend by camping. Camping is not a role, its just a term to describe a static playing style. Defenders camp, which is fine, but they need to not be invincible, because it will lead to attackers camping also, which in turn, isn't very good.

That is why the situation is approached so that the attackers have more reinforcments than the defenders, beacuse of course defenders should have an advantage, because, you know, they are actually DEFENDING from an entrenched position, however they have less manpower. And did you know that attacking is not just blindly rushing towards the enemy MG nests, its actually supressing the enemy and then advancing thorough smoke and cover.

Upvote 0
You are telling me to go play some red orchestra? Really?
Contrary to your own belief, you are NOT a celebrity. Just get that through your head, and you'll understand why he said that ;)

I'm glad that so many other people believe as I do that the lack of sway in the game is contributing greatly to the snipeyness of RO2. If more sway is added, at least players will be more or less forced to brace their weapons before getting off 200m headshots. There is very little reason to want to move closer to your target when you can sit in the back of a dark room and snipe people across the level from a totally unsupported position, with over 2x zoom.

Even more infuriating is the fact that a player can flat-out sprint for 2 minutes, then immediately swing up his weapon and have perfectly steady sights. It just doesn't make sense, and it encourages snipe-and-run gameplay.

Just remember that not all "snipeyness" in a game is because of people camping from across levels. I personally think its split 50/50 between that kind of behavior and people who easily nail me from long distances when the circumstances of the kill -- such as just coming out of a long sprint, or having been wounded -- should have made that more difficult.

Upvote 0
Contrary to your own belief, you are NOT a celebrity. Just get that through your head, and you'll understand why he said that ;)

I'm glad that so many other people believe as I do that the lack of sway in the game is contributing greatly to the snipeyness of RO2. If more sway is added, at least players will be more or less forced to brace their weapons before getting off 200m headshots. There is very little reason to want to move closer to your target when you can sit in the back of a dark room and snipe people across the level from a totally unsupported position, with over 2x zoom.

Even more infuriating is the fact that a player can flat-out sprint for 2 minutes, then immediately swing up his weapon and have perfectly steady sights. It just doesn't make sense, and it encourages snipe-and-run gameplay.

Just remember that not all "snipeyness" in a game is because of people camping from across levels. I personally think its split 50/50 between that kind of behavior and people who easily nail me from long distances when the circumstances of the kill -- such as just coming out of a long sprint, or having been wounded -- should have made that more difficult.
The lack of sway and the added zoom is a factor, but a bigger factor is the lack of people who know how to play. I am on top of the score board every round because no one realizes the obj's exist. I would rather have realistic engagement distances and gun play instead of artificially shortening them to gimp peoples engagement distances. Wait till people learn how to play, maybe the tutorial will help when most people go through the tutorial, I'm reserving my judgment until then. Pubs just might be a lost cause until all the clueless people leave.

I agree with that point.

Upvote 0
No one is shooting people with an mp40 at 50 meters with hip shot on RO2 nor RO1. I havn't seen that in hours and hours of game play
I didn't mean mp-40, i meant all guns. If you haven't seen that, then you are blind or just very stupid. But it is never too late to learn, so here is some learning material for you:

insom RO - sleepwalking - YouTube
Red Orchestra mini Fragmovie - YouTube
Red Orchestra : HipShooting - YouTube

RO is much slower then RO2. In RO2 people are much faster, more manuverable, they can vault over obstacles and through windows, MUCH longer sprint time. Who says slower is less fun?

Do you even know what your talking about anymore? If your trolling, that nice, have a good day.
Now, it is you here who doesn't have a clue, faster movement speed doesn't mean the gameplay is more dynamic. Hell, your argument about mg "blocking an entire path" speaks volumes at your understanding of the game.

Upvote 0
This is similar to saying that if you mix milk and cocoa you get coca-cola. If anything, the "snipeyness" will increase if you aren't able to fire on the run anymore. There will be very little reason to move closer to your target when the target can get 15 shots off at you while you run, and then you finally get to good cover and you can't shoot for 30 seconds because you are out of stamina. Yay realism.

You can't flat-out sprint for 2 minutes, the stamina bar reaches zero after about 20 seconds. Also, snipe-and-run gameplay isn't bad because in contrast with sit-behind-sandbags-and-snipe gameplay it is dynamic.

Upvote 0
I didn't mean mp-40, i meant all guns. If you haven't seen that, then you are blind or just very stupid. But it is never too late to learn, so here is some learning material for you:

insom RO - sleepwalking - YouTube
Red Orchestra mini Fragmovie - YouTube
Red Orchestra : HipShooting - YouTube

Now, it is you here who doesn't have a clue, faster movement speed doesn't mean the gameplay is more dynamic. Hell, your argument about mg "blocking an entire path" speaks volumes at your understanding of the game.
A collection of edited lucky hip shots? Wonderful, sure happens 24/7 in RO1. Oh wait, it doesn't. Most of those shots were more around in the 10 meter range which isn't even that hard. Go make a video of you doing it reliably in a single map. Good luck mate.

You've never seen an MG shutting down an entire lane of movement? Sorry?

Upvote 0
A collection of edited lucky hip shots? Wonderful, sure happens 24/7 in RO1. Oh wait, it doesn't. Most of those shots were more around in the 10 meter range which isn't even that hard. Go make a video of you doing it reliably in a single map. Good luck mate.

You've never seen an MG shutting down an entire lane of movement? Sorry?
Oh wait, it does happen all the time in RO1. In a clanwar between good players you (not you "you", but a good player), would get about half his kills this way. Also, there was plenty of 50+ meter shots there, you need to pay more attention.

And about mg, not if the players are even remotely decent and the game isn't DH. You see, an mg is really a bullet magnet, so shutting down doesn't work, as you will be shot about 10 after your tracers appearing. That is if players are good. If the game is DH, or if the players are rubbish then it will take 20 seconds. If combination of both, which represents a typical DH pub, then yeah, an mg can shut down an entire lane of movement indefinitely.

Last edited:
Upvote 0