• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Is this a joke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robersdee

Jun 8, 2009
Seriously, guys this is ridiculous.

I'm not trolling or flaming etc etc but this is just a simple horrific release.

I played the beta, it was a slow, laggy, buggy highly unoptimised mess.

I came back to the beta 2 patches later and found it was a

slow, laggy buggy highly unoptimised mess.

I then hover over the refund button on steam, and think to myself "nah, im a fan of tripwire, was playing RO when the first iteration of the mod was released, maybe, just maybe this will be sorted out for the release"

Boy was I wrong, I hate to do this to one of the last dev studios I respect, but this is pathetic. You guys are the same RO team right? the same guys who have worked with the unreal engine for years right? and you cant get servers to show up in the server browser?

This might fly in a "beta" but I'm sorry TWI, you have released the game to the paying public, people have put faith in you and paid hard earned money for your product, and its broken. Extensively broken, I mean you can't release a MP focused game and your bloody server browser is broken.

And that issue is just a fart in the wind compared to all the other bugs, which include :

a % of maps crashing upon load for a majority of the userbase, the ABSOLUTELY HORRIFIC performance (seriously, all settings on low/off and it looks worse than HL1 and Im getting 40 fps, its a disgrace), wonky cover system, see through walls and textures, just bugs galore.

I couldn't hold my tongue any longer and seeing threads like "buy the devs a drink" I feel disgusted and seriously? buy you a drink? I BOUGHT this game and its broken in so many many ways, you should be ashamed to be honest.

Well, I may still try and get a refund for this now, I gave so you chance in the beta, then a few more chances with patches, now the game is out and its in a hell of a f-ing state.

Its just a disgrace.

An unhappy customer.

Game runs flawlessly for me and has so since day one of the DDE beta.

A happy customer.

Same. Runs flawlessly for me since the latest patch. Didn't had any crashes yet and the performance is good! :)

But sorry to hear that you are having problems Robersdee. Lets hope that TW can sort all the problems out ASAP.

And.. yea.. im a bit worried about reviews. Since there are still many bugs :/ I don't really care about reviews. But good reviews = more sales.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I really do wish they had delayed it, it's the release state that reviewers review, not the patched state a month down the line.

I get bad performance on an AMD card, I don't know if Nvidia users have it any better.

They really should've listened to the community. Unfortunately to make a living in the gaming industry you have to create a solid product on release, not just re-release beta with new maps.

Reactions: Pvt.pile
Upvote 0
Here's the deal. There's a shi*t ton of computer configurations (hardware and software). With all PC games, there's going to be people who have no issues at all, and people who have every issue imaginable.

What can you do about it? Report your errors to the appropriate section, and give as much detail as possible about your hardware and situation.

Creating thread after thread complaining of issues, simply saying "I'm not happy. Fix it." without giving the proper details is going to help no one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
WAHHHH I CANT RUN A GAME CUZ MY COMPUTER IS AGES OLD!!! BAWWWWWWWWW...

I've been running this game fine since the beggining, you guys either have crap computers or just a few of the unlucky people TWI couldn't help before release, they admitted that they knew the game wasn't perfect but asked everyone to bear with them while they work on it. This is TWI they are dedicated to the community like they always have been. The game still runs perfect for me, they said they fixed crashes etc for most people but not everyone was giving them their dump files, they used the beta as a demo istead of ACTUALLY HELPING them find the crashes and bugs etc. You guys are either the ones who didn't help or just unfortunate.

If you've been around since TWI was making RO as a mod then you should be ashamed calling them out like this, just because they have had years with the unreal engine doesn't make them experts.. Especially since this is a NEW engine compared to the old unreal 2.5 engine and before. Things change, they have to. If you don't like it now don't play it wait till they can polish it some more. If you think they aren't going to have any patches within the first week or days then you're mistaken, they have been busting their *** to get this as good as possible for you unforgiving whiners.

Thank you TWI I love the game, been here since RO was a mod, keep it up. - A TRUE TWI FAN.

edit: running a core i5 2500k, 8gb of ram, 2 x radeon HD 5850's (only running one since AMD hasn't released a crossfire profile yet) and I still get 80+ fps on high/ultra.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So the fact that it runs flawlessly for some people obviously means we should disregard the LARGE PORTION OF THE COMMUNITY WHOM IT RUNS CRAP FOR.

We, those who have bad performance, are saying "the game runs bad, please help us play the game."

Those who have good performance are being extremely ignorant to just run around saying "well it runs good for me! that means the game is a good release!" GOOD FOR YOU! But that doesn't help me one bit now does it? That doesn't make the problems go away! It's not a good release for everyone just because it's a good release for you!

And as a final note, it is extremely ignorant to assume all of those of us suffering frames have bad PCs. Just don't talk, as you clearly have not been following the situation between us and Tripwire. They know it's a problem with good/excellent PCs, and just making posts assuming everyone else's PC is bad doesn't help anyone. Let us talk with Tripwire, not you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Creating thread after thread complaining of issues without giving the proper details is going to help no one.

I think that is not true. If a game is running crappy on PCs that exceed the minimum requirements then as a developer you simply have to expect your forums to be carpet bombed with complaining threads.

Also I think they released the game this early to avoid competing with BF3 and COD a few weeks later.

Upvote 0
Il have to agree with OP,ive ordered DDE to play beta and a had lot of fun.but still performance werent so great.

It was a beta back then,i tough in 2 weeks they could optimize the game.Now we are at retail,i cant go past 50 fps on high with certain setting to medium.

I have a BE 965 clocked at 3.5ghz and a GTI 560ti overclocked to the top.I can run metro 2033 just fine.And about people that get 90fps+ in this game,why do we never get the specs?,do i need a tri way sli with a 1k$ intel processor to run this game?.

Anyways,i think for an PC exclusive title this is bul**** and it should have went trough way more optimization,

Upvote 0
Here's the deal. There's a shi*t ton of computer configurations (hardware and software). With all PC games, there's going to be people who have no issues at all, and people who have every issue imaginable.

What can you do about it? Report your errors to the appropriate section, and give as much detail as possible about your hardware and situation.

Creating thread after thread complaining of issues, simply saying "I'm not happy. Fix it." without giving the proper details is going to help no one.

no mate, I'm sorry Im past all that nonsense, Im not giving them dump files and stat files and all that now, they have released this mess and they need to take responsibility.

theres games that have come out 4-5 years ago that both look better and perform better. how they can mess up a U3 engine game is a joke.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.