• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Another question, are you guys making a new game?

Maybe people should just wait and see what TW is doing instead of making assumptions and saying "I will not buy if it's not WW2!!". Let them do what they want and who knows maybe you will actually like it, even if it wasn't a WW2 themed game.

A good scifi game doesn't mean it will be like Unreal Tournament where techno playes on background and everything is so buffed up.

Upvote 0
wells , me thinks im buying it .. if its a flight sim or an rpg , dont matter, if its tw i think il be buyin it. we all know the quality they put in their work.

(personallythough im hoping for another high realsim game about another war, perhaps nam or korea), i really dont want to see to many of the newer wars though, i think games that are already developing or relased about iraq are kinda stupid, seeing something happen and isntead of being like lets see what happens, there like "hey lets make a game out of this war that is causing peoples lives right now!".

Upvote 0
I agree!!!

Graphics at this point for FPS are good enough that I can deal with it. Gameplay, Gameplay, Gameplay, or Story, Story, Story. That's all it boils down to for me now adays.

Final Fantasy XII rocks cause it has it both
Bully
RO:O
Neverwinter Nights 2
Knights of the Old Republic 3 (when it comes out)
Medieval Total War 2

These are games that people should look at and learn from. all of them a fresh look at old tired genres.

There are so many more things that UE3 would do for RO. The ability to wreck havok on buildings with tanks and see walls collapse. The 42 chewing through the corner of a building. Physics heavy gameplay. I agree that gameplay is paramount. The addition of all the things I mentioned would take this game to the stratasphere. Not that this game ****s now. I play this game just about everyday. I just think the additions due to the new engine would justify releasing a RO game on it. I would buy it. I think everyone playing now would buy it.

Upvote 0
I would probably buy it just to test it. My guess is that it's either a zombie/horror game (game world needs a good one of those) or Sci-Fi.

Oh I would LOVE to see a good zombie/survival game. Even though zombies have been done quite a few times allready, I dont really think any other zombie games have got it totally right yet, I think TW would be just the company to make somthing like that.

Upvote 0
The logical thing for Tripwire to do would be make a WW2 game in a different theatre i.e. western europe, they would only have to update the german weaponry whilst tweaking them to their maximum realism/ability on the new engine.
I would wager on a large percentage of current RO players being WW2 fans so laser shooting out of giant mechs eyeballs might be going too far.

Upvote 0
I hope it's something like a ww3 game, but with cold war setting(ie. Fall of the Berliner wall, if the NVA had opened fire, there was a documentation about this), though I'm afraid it'll be something sci-fi thing. But how are we supposed to wait until E3 2007? That's like 7-8 months. When is that GDC thingy?

I agree with teh previous poster. WW3 game would be great (no not that modern ****).

Upvote 0