• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-TheHiveV3

KiCk3R

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Shropshire UK
09/04/2013

Map will be updated via the Steam Workshop from now;

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=123976031

01/03/2012
* MAJOR BUG * Keyboard in "G-Virus Distribution is missing its keyboard code" - The password is abcde
Type that in, and it will continue.

Its here. HiveV3-Alpha.
Get it whilst it's hot.

In all seriousness. Don't expect it to be amazing. Its in alpha stage, things are bound to be messed up. And it is surprisingly short.

I would appreciate all feedback (Negative and Positive, and if your experience was neutral I want to know what you thought)

HiveV3 will not be whitelisted for various reasons your about to find out. Sorry about this. But it WILL get rejected!
I will put Hive on Alpha for a couple of months, and wait for any major bugs. If nothing much shows, I'll put it to final.

Don't forget to read the Readme in the ZIP! :D - Oh... and apologies for the waiting!

http://www.mediafire.com/?8u2ua19vu56536x

25/02/2012

Release Date Announced : Alpha Public Test for 01/03/2012 or Before

If you would like to play test before then, please contact me via Steam on jameslo30

Cheers,
KiCk3R

14/08/2011 - Map Design 80% For Alpha Release!

Hive is coming together nicely.
After debating with myself, I desided to show you some screenshots :)

So, Here is some ingame screens!

2011081400011.jpg

One of the laser rooms.

2011081400018.jpg

Viral Weaponry level

So - I hope you guys are looking forward to another Hive Release.

All Alpha testing is now closed - I have enough testers!

21/05/2011 - Map Design 40% For Alpha Release - Hive will be obviously underground. (A Missile Facility)

Cinimatics still being added
Storyline Implementing into map
BSP Areas are still being added
Lighting is starting to be added and cleaned
Adding Projections
Adding more movers
Adding more custom stuff!

Development Photos;

development3210511.jpg

development210511.jpg

development2210511.jpg

09/04/2011 - Map Design 25% For Alpha Release.

BSP Still in creation
Story Idea Coming Together
Development Screenshot...
dev1.jpg

20/03/2011 - Map Design 20% For Alpha release.

BSP Still in creation
Story still in motion
Map Assets still in creation

Screenshots (as of 20/03/2011 Subject to change) - This is still in Alpha remember!
2011032000001.jpg

2011032000002.jpg

Last edited:
Thats right biatches.

Hive V3.

Except.... its not any additions to the old Hive. Oh no... This is a brand new spanking Hive.

Remember Resident Evil Extinction. They made an underground facility in the desert. ... OH YEAH! ;)

Tell me what you want. Even if it was old stuff from Hive.

Adds a map of the plane, where you can fly it on the map.

p.s.
In the previous version v2, the patriarch could be seen standing in the corner like a scarecrow. Better not do it scarecrow :D

Upvote 0
Thats right biatches.

Hive V3.

Except.... its not any additions to the old Hive. Oh no... This is a brand new spanking Hive.

Remember Resident Evil Extinction. They made an underground facility in the desert. ... OH YEAH! ;)

Tell me what you want. Even if it was old stuff from Hive.

I wish that there would have been a moment when I went by train to the campaign train friends knock off some zombies and zombies manage to jump but they were at death's door. and I'm Russian! thanks in advance!:D

Upvote 0
She is looking like a babe :D

I originally wanted the first hive lasers to be instant death. But lots of players moaned about dying, and so I put it at something like 40% damage per hit.

I think I will make them 100% damage... wait a minute. That means I got to create a laser room now... :D

I would also like to take a moment to mention that ro_sauce is helping with a few statics for me, so mad respect for him!

Screen shots will come in time, but the map is still very much in early stages for release.

Overall percentage for Alpha stage... about 20%!

Reactions: Waffel SS Pyro
Upvote 0
I would like to see the beginning for The Hive V2, but with no zombies. Make it scary like the first one. And, of course, the train. Player checkpoints are very good, but pretty buggy. Your choice of putting those in there.

Some more stuff:

More guns in the spawn room (mansion)

At the end make it be a hospital, then Raccoon City (like RE: Apcylopase or however you spell it)

Do NOT upload to filefront/gamefront

AI bots in Raccoon City

Helicopters flying over Raccoon City as you fight zeds

Make mutators work in this one, because I like fighting slow zeds like the movies. (clots)

And make the map look good.

Just sayn'.

Upvote 0