• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad Clan names, tags and war crimes

Status
Not open for further replies.
We at the 5.SS respect and support all rules set by TW. We feel they are just trying to provide a clean fun game for everyone.We play this game to have fun. So we at the 5.SS have issued an order that if a server asks you to remove your tags 1. you can either politely oblige or 2. politely leave the server. Thanks fellas and if you have a problem please feel free to PM with the matter

Upvote 0
Yeah Russian Divisions are realy hard to come by. The only way i've been able to find as far as online source material is search of a Battle of any kind on the Eastern front then find the Order of battle thats about the only way to go. Here is a one link i'm currently using to start up a Russian Branch off of us to help balance the community. That info will be posted soon

Order of Battle for the Soviet and German Forces for the Battle of Berlin
http://www.historyofwar.org/articles/battles_berlin.html#app1

Upvote 0
Why not do a Russian clan for the Partisans? That would be awesome. Or the Russian Marines.

And I'm not debating it, but did it ever strike you as to make stricter rules for the more interesting, controversial units instead of banning them outright? I mean obviously if someones starting a clan called the "5th Gas Chamber Posse" or something, sure but what about Handschar? Thats a very interesting unit. Just tell the clans to make a very detailed disclaimer on for example Handschar, completely documenting thier attrocities and making it very clear that these are not and will not be supported and the clan is completely focused on thier military prowess.

Either way I'm more a Russkie man myself. Any good Partisan units to choose from for a clan?

Upvote 0
A couple of comments - if you're stuck for ideas for "realism" units for the Soviets, just ask - we can help. For instance, I'm very surprised no-one has considered "OMSBON" or whatever the unit was called :)

Second comment (and I'll amend the rules to reflect this): please remember that many consider that some of the partisan units were no better than bandits and terrorists. Same rules apply - if you set up a partisan-inspired clan, please ensure that you have met the requirements for teaching people about their history!

Upvote 0
Wilhelm Hansen said:
according to the Geneva Convention after WW1 they were not protected by the rules of Engagement nor were or are governed by them.

If I'm out of line sorry! - but this is true, partisans who did not wear any uniform/insignia or had any responsible leader etc were not protected by the Laws and Customs of War on Land or the Geneva Convention until 1949.

Upvote 0
[RO]Wilsonam said:
A couple of comments - if you're stuck for ideas for "realism" units for the Soviets, just ask - we can help. For instance, I'm very surprised no-one has considered "OMSBON" or whatever the unit was called :)

Second comment (and I'll amend the rules to reflect this): please remember that many consider that some of the partisan units were no better than bandits and terrorists. Same rules apply - if you set up a partisan-inspired clan, please ensure that you have met the requirements for teaching people about their history!

Please post info on these "OMBSON" guys please! Sounds very interesting.

Upvote 0
Felix Ostheim said:
If I'm out of line sorry! - but this is true, partisans who did not wear any uniform/insignia or had any responsible leader etc were not protected by the Laws and Customs of War on Land or the Geneva Convention until 1949.

Which is the reason that the marquis in France, the partisans in Italy and resistance in the scandinavia wore a mark or a band on the arm to identify them once in operation.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.