• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Enough with the nerfing.

Yes we all bought it, but some people in here mostly complain. talking more along the lines of thanking them for the patches, and updates.

Damn, I just wish there was some sort of purely cosmetic downloadable game file for the game that you could buy for a reasonable price with each of those updates. You know, some form of content that would not affect game mechanics, but would still reward the buyer with some eye candy. This would allow us to show TWI our appreciation and provide them with extra funds. Alas, we can only dream.

You should post the idea in the ideas and suggestions section man because TWI has received no thanks in the form of monetary benefits with any of their major patches and updates. We are truly whiny, greedy monsters for wanting this game to be balanced.

Upvote 0
Damn, I just wish there was some sort of purely cosmetic downloadable game file for the game that you could buy for a reasonable price with each of those updates. You know, some form of content that would not affect game mechanics, but would still reward the buyer with some eye candy. This would allow us to show TWI our appreciation and provide them with extra funds. Alas, we can only dream.

You should post the idea in the ideas and suggestions section man because TWI has received no thanks in the form of monetary benefits with any of their major patches and updates. We are truly whiny, greedy monsters for wanting this game to be balanced.

Sigh.. Not trying to be an @ss, or ar insult you, but you have totaly missed my point. TWI is still putting alot of time and efort into a game that sells for next to nothing (Euro 5 to 15), the DLC costs around Euro 1.60. So, after development costs, and every thing else involved, how much do you think they are making? At some point, the guys are going to get fed up of the whining and say ''ok, thats it, we did this, wed did that, and they are still complaining, we are done with KF lets move on.

Everyone complained about the SS, now the balance patch is out, and the focus has gone to the Medic and the Zerker, if they do something about that, then people will start in on the Support, and then the Demo, and so on, and so on, and so on.

See where I'm comming from?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack-Carver
Upvote 0
Everyone complained about the SS, now the balance patch is out, and the focus has gone to the Medic and the Zerker, if they do something about that, then people will start in on the Support, and then the Demo, and so on, and so on, and so on.

You're absolutely right. I just hope the community is wise enough to listen.

Last edited:
Reactions: the 1st wasted
Upvote 0
Sigh.. Not trying to be an @ss, or ar insult you, but you have totaly missed my point. TWI is still putting alot of time and efort into a game that sells for next to nothing (Euro 5 to 15), the DLC costs around Euro 1.60. So, after development costs, and every thing else involved, how much do you think they are making? At some point, the guys are going to get fed up of the whining and say ''ok, thats it, we did this, wed did that, and they are still complaining, we are done with KF lets move on.

Yep that's how it works. Imo the game is fine as it is atm. 1 shot FP kill maybe really were bad cause of removing the FP panic :p. However the Medic and Zerker are just fine and there's no need to balance anythin else. Of course the Berserker can be used as a Rambo perk but if you would "balance" it, so that ramboing isn't possible anymore then it will turn out to be useless! Let's balance the KF players :D..
Folks it's an online Game and there will always be such things.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

There'll always be complainers.

As for that balance patch, that one was made because there actually were some legitimate concerns such as the xbow everyone who could carry was running around with easily taking on pounds and scrakes as a non-SS and the chainsaw which remained completely broken since the level up content patch.
It was a plaster for what that patch broke over a year ago.
Mostly everything has been resolved/improved and there will probably not be such a patch again because nothing is M14/crossbow/chainsaw-broken right now.

Reactions: Spicy
Upvote 0
Yes we all bought it, but some people in here mostly complain. talking more along the lines of thanking them for the patches, and updates.
Well if everybody hates the updates, they'll stop playing and not buy the DLC.
By buying the DLC, TWI knows that those player appreciate the work that has been done with the patch and continue to support KF; it's not that complicated.

And for people who like to mostly complain, they can stuff themselves inside a box of rusty nails and suffocate for all I care.

Upvote 0

Gamers do one just as well as they play video games: complain.

If companies in the games industry followed the business model you put forth because of complaining by the player base the games industry would cease to exist. Thats how much gamers complain. Its a given. Game companies let the crap roll right off their backs, and take the serious ones to heart.

Here's one coming at ya:

Have you ever sat on your porch waiting for the mailman or paper boy just to thank them for lugging around your heavy *** mail every day? How about thanking a police officer, fireman, paramedic, or hell, even a damn crossing guard? These people put a lot of effort into keeping society from falling off its hinges.

You know why you don't thank them? Because you've come to expect them to perform their duties. You know why they don't give a crap if their thanked? Because they don't do it for the thanks. They do it because they want to help people, and/or for a paycheck.

TWI is the same. Sure they'd enjoy thanks from the people that receive their games, but they do make money. I'm assuming they also enjoy making games, otherwise they wouldn't be in the business in the first place.

You can't come in here and chastise people for doing something that the entire world does. I know thats not the main point of your posts, but I though I would point a few things out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
M14 sights are off. M14 is horrible for Sharp Shooters to the point of effecting game play. That is a legitimate concern. SS's tier3 weapon needs to be accurate. M14 is not accurate unless a freak is in your face. On HOE if a group of zeds are that close you are dead as a SS. That's broken.

I'm quite surprised they nerfed the M14 as hard as they did. The M14 is a long-range weapon, and is completely worthy of a sight or scope. I mean, the SCAR gets a red dot sight, why not the M14? From both a personal and gameplay-centric perspective, it makes sense as the Sharpshooter's job is "headshots".

Upvote 0
Gamers do one just as well as they play video games: complain.

If companies in the games industry followed the business model you put forth because of complaining by the player base the games industry would cease to exist. Thats how much gamers complain. Its a given. Game companies let the crap roll right off their backs, and take the serious ones to heart.

copied this from my other post, perhaps you should read it again.

TWI is still putting alot of time and efort into a game that sells for next to nothing (Euro 5 to 15), the DLC costs around Euro 1.60. So, after development costs, and every thing else involved, how much do you think they are making? At some point, the guys are going to get fed up of the whining and say ''ok, thats it, we did this, wed did that, and they are still complaining, we are done with KF lets move on.

Here's one coming at ya:

Have you ever sat on your porch waiting for the mailman or paper boy just to thank them for lugging around your heavy *** mail every day? How about thanking a police officer, fireman, paramedic, or hell, even a damn crossing guard? These people put a lot of effort into keeping society from falling off its hinges.

I thank the Mailman when I see him, but no I do not wait for him. I belong to a civic support group that focuses on civil servant appreciation.

You know why you don't thank them? Because you've come to expect them to perform their duties. You know why they don't give a crap if their thanked? Because they don't do it for the thanks. They do it because they want to help people, and/or for a paycheck.

It is never a good idea to assume.. It makes an ***-U-Me.;)
Just because they do not do it for the thanks, does not mean that they should not be thanked.

TWI is the same. Sure they'd enjoy thanks from the people that receive their games, but they do make money. I'm assuming they also enjoy making games, otherwise they wouldn't be in the business in the first place.

You kind of missed the point.

You can't come in here and chastise people for doing something that the entire world does. I know thats not the main point of your posts, but I though I would point a few things out.

Since we live in a democratic society, I can voice my opinion all day long, and you telling me that I cannot do that, is not Democratic at all. Next time try ''should not'' instead of ''can't''.

2 wrongs do not make a right.

Was not ''chastising'' anyone. If I was then my post would not have been in the form of a question.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
copied this from my other post, perhaps you should read it again.

TWI is still putting alot of time and efort into a game that sells for next to nothing (Euro 5 to 15), the DLC costs around Euro 1.60. So, after development costs, and every thing else involved, how much do you think they are making? At some point, the guys are going to get fed up of the whining and say ''ok, thats it, we did this, wed did that, and they are still complaining, we are done with KF lets move on.

I quoted this post. I don't need to read it again. The full game costs $19.99 (14.61 euros, each dlc costs $1.99 (1.45 euros). How much proffit do I think they are making? Well at least enough to cover their costs and still make some more. Otherwise they wouldn't do things the way they do.
No matter how awesome a company is, they don't keep producing things if they aren't turning enough profit.

I thank the Mailman when I see him, but no I do not wait for him. I belong to a civic support group that focuses on civil servant appreciation.

Good for you.

It is never a good idea to assume.. It makes an ***-U-Me.
Just because they do not do it for the thanks, does not mean that they should not be thanked..

I never said they shouldn't be thanked! Point out to me where I said that and I will post a youtube video of me eating my own **** filled pants. I pointed out that most people don't. I was using this as a launching point to explain why TWI does what they do.

So your telling me every time you see a public servant you thank them for their service? Every last one? Or was it just the mailmen so you could dispute my point? Say yes and I will call you a liar, and I would be correct.

Because apparently you do thank TWI quite often, or you would be quite the hypocrite for coming on here and looking down your nose at us for complaining and not thanking.

Since we live in a democratic society, I can voice my opinion all day long, and you telling me that I cannot do that, is not Democratic at all. Next time try ''should not'' instead of ''can't''.

2 wrongs do not make a right.

Was not ''chastising'' anyone. If I was then my post would not have been in the form of a question.

I'm going to start splitting hairs because you are:

1. The U.K. (A good chunk of the games players are from here) is not a democracy. Its a constitutional monarchy.

2. The U.S. isn't a democracy either (another large portion are from here). Its a republic.

3. Anywhere else: no country is a pure democracy (Except maybe, MAYBE very small ones). Calling your government a pure "Democracy" is an oversimplification, and false.

4. I never said you have no right to voice your opinion. Statements like "You can't come in here and chastise people..." is a saying. It doesn't mean that I literally forbid you, or wish to forbid you, from doing something.

5. Dictionary.com's second definition of chastise: to criticize severely.

These are criticizing statements:

As I have said before, as soon as one class gets nerfed someone will start in on one of the other classes. i have seen alot of people complaining about one class or another, then after looking at thier older posts I see that they have always disliked to class, and it seems that they are upset because thier kill count is lower than the player that is using the class the do not like.

TWI put alot of time and effort into the last patch. How many of you out there have thanked them, either directly, ot indirectly?

Dictionary.com's first two definitions of criticize:
1. to censure or find fault with.
2. to judge or discuss the merits and faults of

You kind of missed the point.

I did? What is your point? You can't seem to choose. It started out as this:

The debates about the classes will never end, therfore I suggest this.

leave the classes as they are and have the guys at TWI spend thier time on fixing glitches, making new maps and zeds, and maybe a KF2.

All good points.

I just see the game getting killed off because of too much change. As I have said before, as soon as one class gets nerfed someone will start in on one of the other classes. i have seen alot of people complaining about one class or another, then after looking at thier older posts I see that they have always disliked to class, and it seems that they are upset because thier kill count is lower than the player that is using the class the do not like.

TWI put alot of time and effort into the last patch. How many of you out there have thanked them, either directly, ot indirectly?

Then this:

igh.. Not trying to be an @ss, or ar insult you, but you have totaly missed my point. TWI is still putting alot of time and efort into a game that sells for next to nothing (Euro 5 to 15), the DLC costs around Euro 1.60. So, after development costs, and every thing else involved, how much do you think they are making? At some point, the guys are going to get fed up of the whining and say ''ok, thats it, we did this, wed did that, and they are still complaining, we are done with KF lets move on.

What is your point?

That nerf "this and that" threads are bad and ruining the game? Thats one point you put forth in your op and first few posts.

Then you make some strange mention of thanking TWI. It has really no real place in this thread.

Then your point morphs into "Tripwire doesn't make much off this game, if we don't stop complaining they'll drop this game alltogether".

I think you can understand why I was a bit confused as to what your point really is. Your point changes a tiny bit with every post that you make.

You know why gamers complain? Because companies listen. You know why companies listen? Because gamers are customers, and we fill their wallets.

Show me a company that throws a game out there without any follow up content, and I'll show you a failing company.

Otherwise companies drop the idea of making content updates when the game stops becoming profitable. Its simple business! TWI isn't going to drop a game because people complain dude! TWI will drop the game when it stops making them money, and costs them more than they earn.

My point:
TWI is fed by the gamers money. Gamers keep giving TWI money because TWI listens to them (aka complaints). TWI will only drop the game when it stops netting them profit. You thinking that certain things ruin the game is an opinion. Just because you have an opinion does not make it fact.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I quoted this post. I don't need to read it again. The full game costs $19.99 (14.61 euros, each dlc costs $1.99 (1.45 euros). How much proffit do I think they are making? Well at least enough to cover their costs and still make some more. Otherwise they wouldn't do things the way they do.
No matter how awesome a company is, they don't keep producing things if they aren't turning enough profit.

Good for you.

I never said they shouldn't be thanked! Point out to me where I said that and I will post a youtube video of me eating my own **** filled pants. I pointed out that most people don't. I was using this as a launching point to explain why TWI does what they do.

So your telling me every time you see a public servant you thank them for their service? Every last one? Or was it just the mailmen so you could dispute my point? Say yes and I will call you a liar, and I would be correct.

Because apparently you do thank TWI quite often, or you would be quite the hypocrite for coming on here and looking down your nose at us for complaining and not thanking.

I'm going to start splitting hairs because you are:

1. The U.K. (A good chunk of the games players are from here) is not a democracy. Its a constitutional monarchy.

2. The U.S. isn't a democracy either (another large portion are from here). Its a republic.

3. Anywhere else: no country is a pure democracy (Except maybe, MAYBE very small ones). Calling your government a pure "Democracy" is an oversimplification, and false.

4. I never said you have no right to voice your opinion. Statements like "You can't come in here and chastise people..." is a saying. It doesn't mean that I literally forbid you, or wish to forbid you, from doing something.

5. Dictionary.com's second definition of chastise: to criticize severely.

These are criticizing statements:

Dictionary.com's first two definitions of criticize:
1. to censure or find fault with.
2. to judge or discuss the merits and faults of

I did? What is your point? You can't seem to choose. It started out as this:

Then this:

What is your point?

That nerf "this and that" threads are bad and ruining the game? Thats one point you put forth in your op and first few posts.

Then you make some strange mention of thanking TWI. It has really no real place in this thread.

Then your point morphs into "Tripwire doesn't make much off this game, if we don't stop complaining they'll drop this game alltogether".

I think you can understand why I was a bit confused as to what your point really is. Your point changes a tiny bit with every post that you make.

You know why gamers complain? Because companies listen. You know why companies listen? Because gamers are customers, and we fill their wallets.

Show me a company that throws a game out there without any follow up content, and I'll show you a failing company.

Otherwise companies drop the idea of making content updates when the game stops becoming profitable. Its simple business! TWI isn't going to drop a game because people complain dude! TWI will drop the game when it stops making them money, and costs them more than they earn.

My point:
TWI is fed by the gamers money. Gamers keep giving TWI money because TWI listens to them (aka complaints). TWI will only drop the game when it stops netting them profit. You thinking that certain things ruin the game is an opinion. Just because you have an opinion does not make it fact.

images

Upvote 0