• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

people who suck and don't buy armor

assfuzz

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 18, 2011
i feel i needed to join this forum to ask this one question. why in the hell dont some people buy armor in normal mode or above? i can see in easy mode not to buy any because lets face it if u die in easy mode you should just go slam your nuts in drawer but normal mode and above? come on. ive seen it hundreds of times. people of every perk even medic! **** the armor is what 90 bucks for a lvl5 medic? im r4 medic and it costs 120 i think. i can see how it can save you money not to buy armor but i always go medic first wave to get the cheaper armor.

case in point... i was playing last night normal mode mp its wave 7 with 6 people in the party some douchebag doesnt buy armor. a fleshpound shows up. guess who dies. ill give you a hint the douchebag with no armor. now all the other 5 people have to deal with stronger enemies in greater numbers with one less gun.

now i know some are just trolling but it happens way too frequently for that to be the case. to me armor+crappyish weapons is better than no armor+ok or good weapons just in case something goes wrong which this being killing floor no one is safe from mishaps.

cliff notes-buy armor ****ers unless its easy mode then who cares. and no im not mad :) im just asking.

calm down man, I can understand your frustration, going into pubs in NORMAL may not be a good idea...

especially after the christmas sale and all the new players there... try playing higher difficulties.

reasons why I don't buy armor: no money, greeedy douchebags not wanting to give money on wave 8 or 9 or the need of something that kicks more than a 9mm as SS.

Upvote 0
Usually, its just because they don't have money or are saving up for a better weapon. Just throw some their way and ask them to buy armor. I mean if you are level 5 in any perk, especially medic, you are bound to know how helpful armor is. Gotta be nice to the new players man, especially on normal. Upto hard, after I am stocked up, I use up all my money on low levels players by throwing them free AA12s, SCARs and katanas. You know that if you die as a level 6 on normal, your team would've most likely already died several minutes ago, so extra money is pointless.

Upvote 0
ive just seen some people who make you scratch your head when you see what they do. like a lvl 2 sharpshooter begging for money and then he buys a shotgun or a flamethrower and then what do u know he doesnt buy armor and then dies right away. ive also seen demos that dont buy or use any explosive weapons and use dual hand cannons or something i know dual handcannons are pretty powerful in any perk's hands but come on.

and dont worry im as patient as can be and i actually dont care if i lose. and i dont not try just because i dont care either. it just surprises me how bad some people are at this game. the first time i played the game i played solo beginner mode and won 3 maps in a row using very basic weapons. the perk selection system and everything is very self explanatory it is just mind boggling to me how people just cant get their **** together. and i help noobies if i can too just last night i played medic for real for the first time(i got to r4 by healing people in the trader zone purely) in normal mode and i stayed by the noobies instead of the better people because i know they needed my help more. that actually turns into a funny story... after we wiped someone suggested we all go berserker and we all did and a medic joined in wave 2 and it was rather funny how normal mode can be creamed by 5 dudes with katanas and a medic. we had so much extra money we all bought crossbows we raped the crap out of west london.

Reactions: jd641
Upvote 0
i feel i needed to join this forum to ask this one question. why in the hell dont some people buy armor in normal mode or above? i can see in easy mode not to buy any because lets face it if u die in easy mode you should just go slam your nuts in drawer but normal mode and above? come on. ive seen it hundreds of times. people of every perk even medic! **** the armor is what 90 bucks for a lvl5 medic? im r4 medic and it costs 120 i think. i can see how it can save you money not to buy armor but i always go medic first wave to get the cheaper armor.

case in point... i was playing last night normal mode mp its wave 7 with 6 people in the party some douchebag doesnt buy armor. a fleshpound shows up. guess who dies. ill give you a hint the douchebag with no armor. now all the other 5 people have to deal with stronger enemies in greater numbers with one less gun.

now i know some are just trolling but it happens way too frequently for that to be the case. to me armor+crappyish weapons is better than no armor+ok or good weapons just in case something goes wrong which this being killing floor no one is safe from mishaps.

cliff notes-buy armor ****ers unless its easy mode then who cares. and no im not mad :) im just asking.

I can agree with you 100% on this point.

Situation:Me playing on hard. Support shows up. Through the first few waves he buys NOTHING.

So I ask "Hey mr. support, its wave 4 and you don't have armor or weapons, what gives?"

He says "No armor, saving for aa-12"

My reply:

12918649394021.jpg

In my opinion there is no reason to make decisions like this. Armor+teir 1 weapon > no armor+ teir 3 weapon. Any. Day. of. the. week.

I've been playing hoe a little bit, and I can make some exceptions there because money is tough to come by. I think that most of the time no one should ever consciously ignore buying armor. Ever.

***Disclaimer: The above post is an opinion***

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Your team should have played defensively around him so he wouldn't die. FP's are easy enough on Hard to take out rather quickly, so that just sounds like bad team work to me.

I'd rather have a really good weapon that will do major damage to one of the three Skrake and two FPs walking towards me than armor and a Bullpup/pump shotgun. At least I would have helped my team out instead of just raging the FP and doing nothing to the Skrake.

Upvote 0
In my opinion there is no reason to make decisions like this. Armor+teir 1 weapon > no armor+ teir 3 weapon. Any. Day. of. the. week.

I've been playing hoe a little bit, and I can make some exceptions there because money is tough to come by. I think that most of the time no one should ever consciously ignore buying armor. Ever.

***Disclaimer: The above post is an opinion***

The statement of tier1>teir3 is true on normal and hard perhaps, but Suicidal and HoE, I find that it's very important to have the higher weapons. For one, if you die with it out, you won't lose it. Also, the armor won't make a difference if youve got a scrake in your face, so might as well risk it and focus on firepower than defenses that would be wasted by the bigguns anyways

Upvote 0
most of my "rage" posts are referring to normal mode maybe even hard mode i know in suicidal and hoe you dont get **** for money and if something got close enough somebody failed anyway.

also since i am a newbie to this forum a mod has to look at my messages before they are put up i guess. so take that into account if i might say things after some facts have come to light.

also as far as the tier 1 weapons not being good enough argument... ive joined servers at wave 4 with 5 other players before and everyone died and i just had a plain old pistol and managed to pretty much solo the wave. people who cant use tier 1 weapons well are the ones who need to rethink their techniques. knife/nades/pistol are perfectly fine for waves 1-3 and by the time the big stuff comes i have enough money to buy armor+awesome guns.

Upvote 0
Because the people on normal aren't good enough/levelled enough to not use armor, obviously. If they were level-6 HOE players, they wouldn't bother.

Obviously, hence:

Why would you buy armour on normal? You must be a pretty bad player.

I was just messing with the OP, anyway. I think even I buy armour if I ever play on normal. But it's rare that I play on normal, so...

Upvote 0
For medic I always buy armour because it's so cheap and effective. I also play the aggressive style medic and frequently jump in the middle of zeds to take hits for teammates and block charging fp's/scrakes. For zerker there really is no need for it since it's gone super quickly, and it's not like the zerker cannot take hits without it. I usually wind up having lots of extra cash so I get it, but feel no obligation to do so (when purchasing my loadout it's usually the last thing I go for). For everything else I purchase armour wave 6 and on (sometimes wave 5) so I don't get 1 hit killed by scrakes/fp's. If we have a competent team and a reliable medic I'll survive the first 5 waves no problem. If not it usually doesn't make much of a difference anyways. ;)

Upvote 0