• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Friendly Fire

The random headshot, or the grenade thrown badly that's what I love about it. It adds realism and a serious dose of it. Funny how people play one game like RO with friendly fire but then doth protest too much when it's in Killing Floor. Even when it all ends in a horrible disaster I love that as well. How you can go from a good group to one mistake and then the whole thing goes down the swany instantly. You just have to laugh when that happens. Remember that's why real men play friendly fire.

Someone mentioning Friendly Fire is like the magic word to summon you on these forums. It's amazing!

Upvote 0
I joined a random server by myself last night and around wave 4 two friends dropped in. I didn't know FF was on since I was playing by myself, but we all discovered it in the middle of the wave. It actually was kind of fun, the best moment was when a Gorefast was charging my friend from behind, and I was directly behind the Gorefast. I had to kill it but if I overkilled it my shots would wind up killing my friend on low HP, so I stood my ground and took one accurate shot with the Scar and popped off its head, close save. Then a medic joined on the 8th wave and shot one of my friends in the back and grenaded the other before realizing FF was on. We died that wave.

It was fun until the medic joined though, having to carefully pick our shots made everything more intense.

Upvote 0
Well that's like... your opinion, man.
Thanks man, I had no idea :troll: Who else's opinion would I be saying?

Funny how people play one game like RO with friendly fire but then doth protest too much when it's in Killing Floor.
Because Killing Floor has perks and tactics that promote friendly fire. I find having friendly fire on in KF cuts the amount of gameplay down to about 75% of stuff worth using; in the end, it all boils down to opinion.

Upvote 0
I find it funny that in all my time with the UTFB guys, as great fun as they are to play with on other games, I have never gotten a suicidal or HOE achievement with them. Some of the Hard mode achievements I had to get by myself.

Although I did get the Foundry suicidal achie whilst on a 100% Friendly Fire with a total of 6 guys in the server and that was with pubbies only.

I really need to play with people from here more often. D:

Upvote 0
The random headshot, or the grenade thrown badly that's what I love about it. It adds realism and a serious dose of it. Funny how people play one game like RO with friendly fire but then doth protest too much when it's in Killing Floor. Even when it all ends in a horrible disaster I love that as well. How you can go from a good group to one mistake and then the whole thing goes down the swany instantly. You just have to laugh when that happens. Remember that's why real men play friendly fire.

If the combat dynamic in RO was having dozens of Waffen SS simultaneously trying to essentially melee you to death, we would have a more apples-to-apples comparison. Or, to put it another way, if the zeds all started packing heat, (

Upvote 0
What does RO stands for? just out of curiosity...

Red Orchestra.

It's the other game(soon to be "games" :D) that TWI developed. In fact, Red Orchestra was what made TWI into a company; before they were the modding team that made RO, and after a modding prize with it they got prize money and free liscensing to use the Unreal Engines. They then decided to take it to the next level and used their liscences and money to make TWI a company, turning RO into a retail game and selling it. They then used the dosh from that to start on KF, hire the modder who started the KF Mod and make loadsa money. They are using that Looooadsa money to hire a great many new hands and to take RO into the mainstream with their new game Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad, the previews of which have already brought it into the spotlights of PCGamer and other major audiences, and are setting RO2 to make it big when it hits shelves.

I hope that explains just about everything:D

Upvote 0
After completing all hoe maps my team of kf dedicates decided to try hoe again, this time with friendly fire on, god damn its fun. Lots of laughs and giggles when someone "accidentally" headshots someone in front of em, or when someone moves into a xbow bolt. Game also becomes significantly harder when a raging scrake or pound gets in, someone usually dies due to hunting penetration, followed by oop. KF feels like a whole new game once again.

Upvote 0
Friendly fire is, in my experience, something that makes Killing Floor a much more enjoyable experience (In a private server).

Also, please stop with the stupid generalization of FF as a good or bad concept in Killing Floor. It is a choice, a preference - just as it should be. It is not a 'who is right, who is wrong' thing (about it). It is NOT about realism, or not, ect. Why does the reason matter? Either you like it, or not. Then you play with it, or not. Both has its own merit and downsides. The end.

Last edited:
Upvote 0