• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Radius-based voice chat for infantry.

Well that's true, if i can hear exactly who's spamming, it makes it a ton easier to.. correct the problem.

*mounts bayonet*

I think its a great realistic idea and they could also make the mouths move when someone talks...they did that in an army simulater game ..though I can't remember what the game was called

Upvote 0
personally i think this needs 3d voices but also radius where both teams can hear each others voices as if you were face to face. kinda like mag, (i clearly don't play enough ww2 mods.) anyways my suggestion would be this...

blank meters you can hear voices the farther away the quieter. meaning if you are all alone (like in real life i can't talk to someone 2 miles away without a radio.) you are not talking to anyone, unless its the guy Tbagging you from behind.

Upvote 0
personally i think this needs 3d voices but also radius where both teams can hear each others voices as if you were face to face. kinda like mag, (i clearly don't play enough ww2 mods.) anyways my suggestion would be this...

blank meters you can hear voices the farther away the quieter. meaning if you are all alone (like in real life i can't talk to someone 2 miles away without a radio.) you are not talking to anyone, unless its the guy Tbagging you from behind.

I loved the banter and communication from the troops in BFBC2...where they say like...medic..enemy downn or oh nice shot...stuff like that...and they'd automatically. Do it you wouldn't have to press a button

Upvote 0
I remember insurgency mod for HL2 had a feature like that for a while. Nothing was better to expose yourself than your soldier automatically yelling out RELOADING when you are in a close combat firefight.

May as well have cut out the middleman and made it "Reloading, come and shoot me!"

Having your ingame avatar blurt stuff out when you don't want to is a nice way to expose yourself and get shot.

Upvote 0
I also agree with toad, I played alot of insurgency and that was one of the most annoying things, especially considering it would be unrealistic for your avatar to shout something out if he ended up alone

For your avatar saying stuff, i expect there should be commands do make your avatar say stuff

For 3D sound, I'm not keen on hearing the enemy and i feel it would be goofy since people would talk like there playing a game not talk like they were in a war which would break immersion for me

Reactions: Snuffeldjuret
Upvote 0
I don't see the reason why people think multiple languages is a problem, I mean, when people could talk freely to anyone on the map, why wasn't language a problem then?

When I played RnL, I would hear German, Dutch, French, English, Spanish either a lot or every once in a while. There was no problem, people would work together despite the language barrier (which would be a problem with any form of communication implemented).

Upvote 0
Totally infavour of this idea, I would love to see it implemented.

Imagine realism matches with this feature.... would be incredible. Whispering when advancing, getting cut off from the enemy with only a friend to keep you company. Hearing the enemy talking on the other side of the broken wall...

Sturm

Upvote 0
3d voip on a local channel next to the default

3d voip on a local channel next to the default

I know there have been many threads about 3d voip. But after the cross-hairs podcast i thought to give a bit on this. In a game for general team communication indeed a global/team based talk system is best for discussing tactics and stuff and getting teamwork going.

However sometimes you want to say something to people in your close vicinity, like to shout, i'm reloading or grenade or follow me. You don't want your entire squad or team to hear you say that. It only matters to those nearby, and to those nearby they need to know the direction and distance it is coming from.

So its not so much a case for me that 3d voip should completely replace regular voip (although a server option would be nice), but could actually complement the system. To keep the main communication pipe more clean, especially as I know that in 8v8 clan matches it can already be difficult to keep the communicational pipes clean.

But that sometimes you just need to say something to those those close by, and they need to receive how close you are and from what direction you are talking.

Reactions: Hypno Toad
Upvote 0