• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Remove the special ability of the axe

Foxyfired

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 2, 2009
KF-Bedlam
:eek:After all balance of the game their was some weapons which were too much overpowered compare to others.
On the past they were crossbow-ebr m14, mac10, katana or pipebombs but now is the axe. :(

(I dont speak about chainsaw which instakill the patriarch because it's a problem of berserk in general.) :confused:

I think the game...is easier now than before. I remember during the time of sharpshooter. I did some farm suicidal on solo. It was difficult but i did it (m14 for the different waves and crossbow for patriarch)
TWI had balance the game to do it harder but they dont see that it's easier now. I can do all map, where you can move a lot, alone on hell on earth (like farm, mountainpass, suburbia, manor, westlondon, wyre, waterwork)

Axe + katana + Level action rifle: I think it's like an exploit to use berserk like this. When their is a scrake or a fp their is absolutly no problem to kill them without taking dammage. I'm not against stunning scrake with axe because i think it's a particularity of the berserk but it's not really good that you can kill fp on the same way.
With a special technique which a lot a plyers know now, you can kill fp without enrage them. :eek::eek::eek:
I think the fp loose all of his power with it.

Just 1 simple idea to change this: hurt flesh pound with axe will enrage it , then the berserk will not be overpowered when you are alone.

I speak about it because it's really boring to play a game on HoE and ALL the time you see only berserk. You can win with all perk but players prefer use the facility. I really love the berserk but if you are +4 berserk on the game if there is a fp, they will kill him very fast without using this exploit.

What about it guys? :confused:

They didn't change the axe...how did they make it easier?:confused:

There have been axe supporters since the begginning. Hell, in the campaign, it was the first weapon you found. There was even a clan devoted to the fireaxe if I recall.

I think the only reason it is getting easier is because you are getting better :p

Upvote 0
With the Axe, or even katana (i did it as medic) you can kill an FP without making it rage.

That is, if you have the pre-requisites:

-A team that knows what you're doing.
-A team willing to help you in what you're doing.
-Knowing just how to pull it off.

Sure, a Berserker by himself can kill an FP without making it rage, but he's vulnerable to the things he isn't normally: the regular specimens, gorefasts are a big one here. He must focus exclusively on one target to make sure that one target doesn't rage.

Sometimes you take damage, because you weren't in the peak distance.

And learning this isn't as easy as it sounds either. When i first hit L6 Berserker i saw my clanmates doing it, and after misidentifying the axe hit they were using, got myself killed. So it's after trial and error that this technique is attained.

Sure, seeing someone like devante, ghost, happy or myself doing this you may think it's easy; it's not as easy as it looks.

It's kinda like trying to kill a :IS2:

Upvote 0
Think this method with axe is just fine. performing the axe fleshpound waltz is really hard to perfect in retrospec becuase timeing dmg to make sure he doesn't enrage from to much dmg then geting out of his line of sight every 10 sec while avoiding other creeps takes alot of work to perfect. I belive it was ethier this patch or the one before it that it wasn't possable to do this.

Upvote 0
Think this method with axe is just fine. performing the axe fleshpound waltz is really hard to perfect in retrospec becuase timeing dmg to make sure he doesn't enrage from to much dmg then geting out of his line of sight every 10 sec while avoiding other creeps takes alot of work to perfect. I belive it was ethier this patch or the one before it that it wasn't possable to do this.

It's been possible to do this since at least the level up update waaaay back in Nov 09. Very few people knew about it since xbow would obliterate everything anyways. It's funny that when I first mentioned it about a month and a half before the beta, people just ridiculed it saying it was impractical, would take "years" to pull off, and that my videos were of 2 man suicidal and so on and so forth. And now here we are today where zerkers are picking it up and there are complaints about it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I understand nothing.
When the game is so easy to do all guys on the forum say: "nerf it, EXPLOIT" and when there is a real problem nobody say something :(:(:(

Doing the half of the maps alone is a little bit...awesome.
I know it's easier for you to have your achievement.

The half of games are with berserk and berserk=solo play and not team play. Personnaly when you play berserk like this you can do all games without help.
The only thing which can balance the game: fp enrage when you hurt it with axe.

The game is going to be to easy ^^
Win a hard alone ok, suicidal...hmm not sure but not an HoE :confused::confused::confused:

"if you think it's to easy, kill it with knife"---> an idea :D

Upvote 0
As Candle and Scary mentioned, I don't have a problem with it because it ties up the Bezerker completely and makes him vulnerable to every other specimen in the area. It requires a lot of room for kiting and if he makes a mistake there is a raging FP on him. Supports and Demos can also solo FPs and do it much faster then a Bezerker can and without having to kite.

Really I see no need to nerf it. It's badass taking on an FP with Axe.

Last edited:
Upvote 0