• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Two Worlds

Mahnsikir

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 23, 2006
Edinburgh - Scotland
Just found out that on steam this weekend its only $10, not sure how good it is (downloading atm) but it seems to be along the same kinda of lines as the elderscrolls games but more arcadey fighting.

EDIT: read some reviews and seems its a bit average in gameplay and setting but with an epic scale, and its a fiver so im not complaining

Feature list from their website:
Offering a freedom of choice unseen in other Role Playing Games. The world literally comes to life as it immediately reacts to the player's actions and changes accordingly -offering new and exciting challenges.

Strong, non-linear storyline. Players can shape their own story by choosing the path of conducting the main conflict and resolving meaningful side-quests.

Spectacular and dynamically choreographed fights. The combat system combines intuitive steering, tactical challenges and movie-like visual experiences.

Free and unlimited character development. Players can experiment with different careers and even reverse their former choices with the help of "career changers".

Animals to be ridden on. Players can travel and fight on various animals from horses to tamed lizards and beasts.

A choice of traps and snares are at the Player's disposal making the gameplay both rich and flexible.

Huge variety of items to be found. Randomly generated pieces of equipment, thematic sets and combined items offer the space to experiment and satisfy the need to collect.

Wide range of beautifully rendered terrains: from high mountains to seashores and deep caves with all of the locations featuring ultra sharp texturing and stunning design.

Hyper-realistic tree physics and sophisticated weather system make the world come to life as has never been seen before.

Advanced Artificial Intelligence that manages group behaviour of large virtual communities.

Up to 8 players in the multiplayer mode.

Symphonic music to make the experience more emotional and memorable.

Extensive usage of Pixel Shader 2.0 and 3.0, HDR, multiple materials and unique shadow engine to ensure the best visuals possible.

0809060156362W_Scr_85_0800.jpg

0303061213422W_Shot003_0800.jpg

130406030313Scr_Rabbit0800.jpg

Last edited:
Just had my first quick play about with it. It runs fairly well on my laptop (2ghz dual core, 2gb ram, 256mb 8600M GT) at high settings so i guess its quite scaleable for other systems.

Havnt read the manual and the tutorial consisted of telling me how to open a gate, move forward and then hit things so im not 100% sure of all the skills etc but it looks fairly indepth, while quests and inventory are handled just like most other RPGs. Controls seem a bit light and floaty but nothing disastrous. The combat is a bit left click heavy in melee though with the use of magic and archery(which i suck at) is good and more skills at higher levels will add alot to it i guess.

Online it could be quite fun, once in a server you are in a 'town hub' where you can join with up to 7 others and go adventuring in the singleplayer world. Tested it by myself and it ran fairly lag free, with your starting equipment worse than SP and larger groups of harder enemies should make it fun in COOP.

Oh and the voice acting and dialogue is kinda dodgy. It sometimes ranges beyond so bad its funny and creeps into cringeworthy but the strange dialogue fits in with this kind of RPG and is okay unless you have some sort of gripe against it.

Upvote 0
Well I had alot of fun last night, a mate of mine was playing it in SP at the same time so we had fun in the steam chat, going wow you can do this and laughing at each others feable attempts to attack hoards of skeletons.

Annoyingly enough we tried MP but while we could log onto the severs and run about in the town hub neither of us could join each others (or anyone elses) game, even with the right ports forwarded etc, I even tried disconnecting the router and using my modem direct but with no luck. So it may be an issue with steam versions of the game, i dunno, there is a 2 worlds control panel (3rd party tweak thingum) that fixes any network NAT problems but it doesnt seem to work with the steam versions either :mad:

Anyone got any ideas of what could be wrong, I doubt its our routers messing up as we have different makes and i tried without mine and its not anything to do with strange vista network security as my mate is using XP and we've used a 3rd party program to check our NATs so the only thing I can think of is Steam either using or blocking the ports that 2W uses which are around the 17000-17777 range. Anyone with the steam version manage to get online and join someone elses game?

Upvote 0