• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Nade Diving

Rikharthu

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Fairly simple. I'd like to be able to dive ontop of a nade to save team mates. It does in deed happen in real combat. Maybe actually have the shrapnel physically modelled in the game world, and have it stop when it collides with things (such as my stomach)? Too much for Ue3?

Last edited:
Nice idea!
Another thing others (me included) stated previously somewhere in the forums was the ability to throw back the egg to the enemy. People mentioned that this wouldn't work. The time you've left to throw it back is too short. I can only say they darn sake should get this in the game, cause I at least want to have the ability to do so. Just like here, people will say "No one would do this ingame". I don't care. Implement it some will do. Just like trying to throw it back.

Upvote 0
Too short? You can throw back grenades in CoD5 (which I regrettingly played for a while), and it worked just fine. Sometimes it'd explode just as it was leaving your hand, but if you picked it up early enough and they didn't bake it, you could get it a safe distance away or even take an enemy out (hopefully the one who threw it). The fuse times are the same too, I'm pretty sure.

Of course some people would do it...it's either jump on it/throw it back or try to run, and sometimes you can't run because it'd expose you to the enemy. Also your nearby team mates might not've seen it, gotta think of them too.

Upvote 0
Fairly simple. I'd like to be able to dive ontop of a nade to save team mates. It does in deed happen in real combat. Maybe actually have the shrapnel physically modelled in the game world, and have it stop when it collides with things (such as my stomach)? Too much for Ue3?
It does work in RO. I always jump on the nade when it drops near my teammates or if i throwed it wrong and my teammates are near. I dont think that it was just luck so many times.
Throwing nades back like in COD would be a good idea, but in COD when you throw it back it becomes "yours" grenade so if i throw it when it had only few seconds left and kill many teammates they will not be happy for tk, i will get bad score and probably kicked from the server, because some of them has limit to 5 tks. Grenades in RO are much more dangerous then in COD and have much wider range. But if it counts like "enemy's" grenade all the time then it's ok for me BUT enemy can get tk if it killes anyone in his team then... So whose grenade will it be if i throw it back?
Maybe if it explodes in my hand or near then i will kill myself and the rest will be killed by enemy and if i throw it back then the one who throwed it to me will get suicide and the rest of the enemies will be killed by me?

Upvote 0