• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PPSH recoil just right?

True. Maybe this should be attached to honor levels? As in, more experienced you are, more fit you would be as well? As of now, I feel I've been able to run way too much without any effect to accuracy.

This would be the best way as far as im concerned. Altought i think the only smg that needs a nerf is the mp40. Just a small decrease in accuracy. Also we have yet to see the Mkb 42, and the ppsh drum in action.

Upvote 0
This would be the best way as far as im concerned. Altought i think the only smg that needs a nerf is the mp40. Just a small decrease in accuracy. Also we have yet to see the Mkb 42, and the ppsh drum in action.

Indeed. I don't see what role the Mkb 42 will serve in the game. Since SMG's are already pretty accurate and powerful. I wouldn't be surprised if it were to come out as an SMG with a different skin and marginally different stats that won't have any impact, whatsoever.

Upvote 0
Maizel said:
Indeed. I don't see what role the Mkb 42 will serve in the game. Since SMG's are already pretty accurate and powerful. I wouldn't be surprised if it were to come out as an SMG with a different skin and marginally different stats that won't have any impact, whatsoever.

The MkB42 will have quite high recoil compared to the MP-40 according to videos, which was the most evidently different factor.

It's advantages will be superior range and penetration.

In my opinion, the MP-40 enables engagements against targets in cover to 50m, and open targets to 100m.
I find the Rifles are capable up to 200m for targets in cover and probably can reach beyond that for open.
By cover target, I don't mean a target that is able to be hit through the barrier - I mean a target that is visible, but barely.
Any engagement range beyond those usually will result in the longer range weapon getting the first kill - if you have an SMG and engage a Rifleman at 75m in cover he will be more likely to kill you.

So, when it comes to the MkB42 I'd expect it to perform up to 150m for targets in cover and probably ~200m for effective engagement against targets in the open.

I expect it will be quite a different weapon and provide an interesting alternative to the SMGs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
All your own opinion.
|
I don;t find a wound that bleeds me out in 5 seconds, and is helped by a bandage, not very immersive.

A wound that would bleed you out in 20 seconds is not helped by a bandage, that is miraculously applied in 2 seconds.

I'm fine with other people liking it though.

I Concure

Quick field Bandages should take atleast 2 minutes to apply and with the help of another team member, and only for minor wounds like scrapes or grazing shots...Not Mortal Wounds...Oh Why Oh Why TWI.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think it should have less recoil as the MP40 is clearly superior at the moment. A natural balancing mechanic would be that the high rate of fire of the PPSH would make you run out of ammo fairly quickly when not firing bursts.

I think that's what bad. Everything gets inflated to match eachother. I'd rather have the MP40 have slightly more recoil.

And it's true that PPSH;s chew through ammo faster, but it almost is never a vice ingame, the box has enough rounds to put down 2-4 people in continuous fire. And besides, reloads for SMG's are almost instant and the PPSH will get drum mags.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
All your own opinion.
|
I don;t find a wound that bleeds me out in 5 seconds, and is helped by a bandage, not very immersive.

A wound that would bleed you out in 20 seconds is not helped by a bandage, that is miraculously applied in 2 seconds.

I'm fine with other people liking it though.

Bandages should take a little longer to apply and should induce some penalties for being hit. (Shot in leg, bandage it, walk slower. Shot in arms, bandage it, more sway.) This would make sense AND make the bandages less of a get out of jail free card.

On topic, I'm glad the SMGs have some more realistic recoil values. Walking into a room and firing 3 rounds only to be looking at the ceiling debunked their effectiveness in CQB, what they were designed for.

Upvote 0
Bandages should take a little longer to apply and should induce some penalties for being hit. (Shot in leg, bandage it, walk slower. Shot in arms, bandage it, more sway.) This would make sense AND make the bandages less of a get out of jail free card.

On topic, I'm glad the SMGs have some more realistic recoil values. Walking into a room and firing 3 rounds only to be looking at the ceiling debunked their effectiveness in CQB, what they were designed for.

I agree about the bandage part, I remember hearing that bandages wont save you in interviews many times. According to random interviews they made it sound more like you'd still eventually die. I wonder how the bandages will function when the realism settings are actually in play in this beta patch.

Upvote 0
There's also a video where hardened Iraq veteran shoots an AK-47 with like zero noticeable recoil cos he just has that amazing recoil control. Doesn't necessarily mean it's smart to design AK-47s in games to have virtually no recoil :D

+1!

The PPSH's recoil is fine, and yes there are videos of people shooting them full auto. Guess what, those people are experienced shooters, just because it appears that there is no recoil doesn't mean they aren't putting effort into combating recoil. Hell it is possible to shoulder fire an MG-42, but being possible and being easy/effortless are two completely different things.

Upvote 0