• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Thank you tripwire <3

xebo

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
So I'm about finished saving my team from whiping out completely. I ambush 2 sirens around a corner, and hold down katana alt fire.

But oh, what is this? I'm not swinging? Oh, I'm dead. Ah, I guess after 1.5 hours of holding down PRIMARY FIRE, I was lulled into forgetting that alt fire is NOT AUTOMATIC. There goes the game. So much for the 5 guys waiting 30 minutes for me to finish that wave.

Here's my freaking suggestion: ALT KATANA AUTOFIRE

I'm holding primary down all game. Making alt fire manual will cause crucial, unnecessary mistakes like this. It's incredibly frustrating losing on a technicality, which is very easy to do considering how primary auto sets you up so perfectly to get suckered by alt fire.

Last edited:
So I'm about finished saving my team from whiping out completely. I ambush 2 sirens around a corner, and hold down katana alt fire.

But oh, what is this? I'm not swinging? Oh, I'm dead.

So much for the 5 guys waiting 30 minutes for me to finish that wave.

Here's my suggestion: ALT KATANA AUTOFIRE

I'm holding primary down all game. Make alt fire the same.
Newb. It sounds like u tried katana for a very first time. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
oh I can do better:

Hello Tripwire. I am really enjoying your game. I love every piece of it. It makes me jump of my bed, as I see FP in dreams chasing me. My gf acts now like a siren and my boss is nothing but Patriarch right now. When I went to hospital, I saw nothing but Scrakes. Whenever I see bug, it appears to attack me and it has hp bar above it. People in train are like clots, grabbing me and not letting me go. But thank to your game, I learned how to properly use knife and learned to aim only for their heads to deal more damage (I didn't had luck at popping their heads yet though, guess I need a chainsaw). I also very enjoying my British Accent right now, after playing 2942 hours of your game. It really comes naturally! I want to thank you from bottom of my heart.

But guess what?

After being left alone on 10/10 wave and 50 zeds left (team got killed). I was holding long corridor in biotic labs. I only turned my mouse around to see if there any enemies behind me, and when I turned it back I had 2 sirens, 2 clots and 1 bloat out of nowhere. I got insta killed with sirens scream.

WTF Tripwire, please fix zeds spawn.

Thank you Tripwire <3

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've got a similar but more frustrating story. Pre patch 1016 and the Christmas update, one of my first ever suicidal games, messing around on Doom with a few friends, camping the brown room firing down the long hallway. We're going good through all 10 waves, only to have 10 left wave 10. All of a sudden the last 10 hit. What were they you ask? 2 fleshpounds, 3 scrakes, 2 sirens, a husk and 2 crawlers. Lets just say we got all but a scrake and a siren down. FML.

Upvote 0
I've been pointing this out all the time since day 1 of the beta, in every beta patch and also after the final one when they were still working on the release of the public patch.
Apparently, they just forgot to fix it because it's just not important enough. And it really isn't.
It's just a bothersome little flaw, like the "no autofire, period" katana was.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
wow. I mean, I understand your dissapointment, xebo, and I can see why you would underscore that with an example. And I can see why you would want it added.

But, to be honest, that's not a very kind tone. Going "you forgot to add one thing, OMG HATEZ" is just plain immature. I'm sure they will listen to this valid suggestion, but you are actually reducing your chances by posting it in such an angry, ungrateful way. This isn't Activision, EA, or Microsoft (although such companies, may I add, would likely ignore you, add it in the sequel, and make you buy another game for it), but a small, independent company who is totally focused on ROHOS. In fact, you are extremely lucky Katana Primary autofire was added.

Now, the thing is actually that I agree with your point, but I give you a 1/10 in the presentation category.

Upvote 0
wow. I mean, I understand your dissapointment, xebo, and I can see why you would underscore that with an example. And I can see why you would want it added.

But, to be honest, that's not a very kind tone. Going "you forgot to add one thing, OMG HATEZ" is just plain immature. I'm sure they will listen to this valid suggestion, but you are actually reducing your chances by posting it in such an angry, ungrateful way. This isn't Activision, EA, or Microsoft (although such companies, may I add, would likely ignore you, add it in the sequel, and make you buy another game for it), but a small, independent company who is totally focused on ROHOS. In fact, you are extremely lucky Katana Primary autofire was added.

Now, the thing is actually that I agree with your point, but I give you a 1/10 in the presentation category.

I wasn't complaining, my post was just a funny oh s**t moment I found during one of my first ever suicidal games pre 1016

Upvote 0