• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Grain elevator's awfull gameplay if you agree post here and say why

So what your saying is without Teamwork the map is horribly unbalanced, and the defenders have too much of an advantage against badly organized team? Then you mention COD which has no teamwork whatsoever.

ae05md.jpg

That is some SERIOUS Derp.

The map is perfect, I've seen the defenders lose MANY times on it, I have no words to express my surprise when germans suddenly are on the 4th floor meleeing the camping defenders. Get someone to clear out that crap and you'll be fine. The map has plenty of cover and smoke grenades work wonders as do Squad leader spawns. Also the defenders get a HUGE advantage because as soon as you take the first floor, they are effectively screwed and have to face hundreds of Germans against their say 25-32 guys.

Personally I want a 24/7 Grain elevator server.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This.

@~%$ Appartments 24/7.

Apartments won't give you a last stand every match. Grain elevator does, and it is glorious. That feeling when the smoke grenades start rolling into the first floor and you start firing the HMG into the smoke hoping for a kill (I got 4) and the inevitable shot in the face. The last stand on the forth floor is truly epic.

Upvote 0
Sure you can win if you play loads better than the opponent. But with two teams of equal skill you should have a 50% chance to win the map and that is far from the current case.

Finally somebody understands the concept of balance.

The problem for me comes from the one dimensional attack. The allies get the height advantage, so the axies should be able to use two spawn locations one at the opposite side to where it is now and make use of a two pronged attack. This will mean that the allies have to watch for two axis advances, which would also require an equal amount of teamwork.

What I would do first would be to have the teams attack/ defend the unconstructed grey building, which is located at the opposite end of the map from the axis team's original spawn location. Once the axis team secure's this location, they can have a second spawn option in the building they just captured and can start to attack the grain elevator from two locations.

Just my 2 cents.

Upvote 0
I've only played this map 3 times so far (due to crashing), but I haven't had a really good fight there yet. Each time one team got completely steamrolled (usually the Russians) by the other team and the match ended very quickly. I'm hoping it gets better when people get more experience...

Upvote 0
My comment is just a general one, and involves most of the new maps (less Red Oktober maybe).......

I'm finding the more player counts in a game (the game mode doesn't really matter), the less enjoyable the map becomes. I actually thought the opposite would be true, expecting more players would equate to more realistically feeling gameplay, but as it turns out, higher body counts mean just that.......just higher body counts as players are disgorged into the bottleneck of the great killing machine.

Reminds me of that old movie the "Time Machine", where when the sirens blew, and the doors to the caverns opened for feeding time, that the humans just turned blindly and walked onward to become today's meal.

Reactions: Spec.
Upvote 0
My comment is just a general one, and involves most of the new maps (less Red Oktober maybe).......

I'm finding the more player counts in a game (the game mode doesn't really matter), the less enjoyable the map becomes. I actually thought the opposite would be true, expecting more players would equate to more realistically feeling gameplay, but as it turns out, higher body counts mean just that.......just higher body counts as players are disgorged into the bottleneck of the great killing machine.

Reminds me of that old movie the "Time Machine", where when the sirens blew, and the doors to the caverns opened for feeding time, that the humans just turned blindly and walked onward to become today's meal.

Like the sig... a fan of Indivison?

Last edited:
Upvote 0