• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gewehrgranatgerat (rifle grenade device) for K98!

Can someone find any info as to how frequently these rifle grenades were issued to wehrmacht soldiers? As well as find out if they were used regularly in Stalingrad?

If the Kar98 rifle grenade was used IRL in enough numbers to be noteworthy, why not put em in?

If it was incredibly rare to see them, especially in Stalingrad, then adhere to realism and leave it out or make it a hero unlock only.

Upvote 0
Attach Schiessbecher -> unload gun -> load blank -> fire Gewehrgranate -> remove Schiessbecher -> reload rifle.

:\

FYI, the Forgotten Hope 2 mod for Battlefield 2 has this entire procedure in for rifle grenades, and I don't find it tedious at all. As a rough guess, it probably takes as much time as it does to change the barrel of and then reload an MG (in game time, of course).

Upvote 0

No way that changing the barrel of an MG34 or 42 will take as long as that whole procedure.
I also just looked up the FH2 procedure, everything is faster than IRL and he also doesn't unload live ammo but just inserts one blank.

This may be possible for a half empty magazine but it's not possible for fully loaded magazines.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No way that changing the barrel of an MG34 or 42 will take as long as that whole procedure.
I also just looked up the FH2 procedure, everything is faster than IRL and he also doesn't unload live ammo but just inserts one blank.

This may be possible for a half empty magazine but it's not possible for fully loaded magazines.

Yes, I said it takes about the same amount of time to reload AND change your barrel (something that occurs frequently if firing at many targets for long periods of time). And yes, I'm aware that the procedure in FH2 is faster than in real life, but many actions in RO cut corners and are faster than in real life as well.

Reactions: Redit
Upvote 0
Can someone find any info as to how frequently these rifle grenades were issued to wehrmacht soldiers? As well as find out if they were used regularly in Stalingrad?

If the Kar98 rifle grenade was used IRL in enough numbers to be noteworthy, why not put em in?

If it was incredibly rare to see them, especially in Stalingrad, then adhere to realism and leave it out or make it a hero unlock only.

Here are some figures on the Gewehrgranatgerat:

1941 --------------- Unknown
1942 --------------- 401 860
1943 --------------- 760 655
1944 (until May 44)-- 287599

Usage of rifle grenades 1942/43

Gewehr-Panzergranaten (AT rifle grenades) 70 000 per month
Gewehr-Sprenggranaten (HE rifle grenades) 155 000 per month

Since 1942, the Gewehrgranatgerat was standard equipment of the infantry. (one per squad)

It was one of the most important AT weapons until the Panzerfaust was available (in sufficient numbers)

Upvote 0
Here is a little tidbit I found on the axis history forums about German rifle grenades and launchers. They have loads of info about them.

Personally I would love to see them added to the game at some point. Gotta love weapons variety! I definitely agree it should be one of those "unlockable' features. Or limit it to only one per map? I'm sure it could be added without to much trouble no matter how they do it.

[url]http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=148256[/URL]

[url]http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=148256[/URL]

Upvote 0
Quick question: If the Gerries get rifle grenades, why woulden't the Ivans also? There where rifle grenades for the Mosin Nagant..
But how common were they? I've seen many more examples of German rifle grenades being used during the war than Soviet ones. But maybe that's just my limited experience.

I would love to see them in game, especially with the tactical opportunities they present. If they were to be in game, though, I would demand that they would be implemented in such a way that requires the player to be stationary and probably crouching. In FH2 they're kind of used like "noob tubes" due to the limitations of the BF2 engine. This often results in people running around with rifle grenades and firing them from the hip ... very annoying.

BTW 1000th POST WOOOOOOOHOOOO!
:IS2::IS2::IS2:

Upvote 0
But how common were they? I've seen many more examples of German rifle grenades being used during the war than Soviet ones. But maybe that's just my limited experience.

Not sure, which is why i pose the question, someone around here is bound to know, and if they where even remotely common, then they would be an interesting option along with the PTRD and PTRS.

Upvote 0
Not sure, which is why i pose the question, someone around here is bound to know, and if they where even remotely common, then they would be an interesting option along with the PTRD and PTRS.

AFAIK the Soviets quicly noticed, that the rifle grenades are not that usefull. I know they were used in the beginning of the Barbarossa, but IIRC the usage faded away rather quicly, at least if you compare it to Germans, who used alot of rifle Grenades. But I don

Upvote 0
Obviously we will need a new class: grenadier :D

About Mosin Nagant:

869770.jpg

ROEQ-00021-003.JPG

Upvote 0