• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Info] First And Last Pre-order From Tripwire I Will Ever Get

Pocketsand

Sep 5, 2011
After purchasing this game and waiting with anticipation as it dl's and finish's just to find out i cannot even join a single game after pre-purchasing the deluxe edition from steam is really disheartening. All servers are either filtered out "even though i have no filters on" Or they say i do not have the content that is on the server. 9 days till release and this is a issue.. :( . On top of all that the solutions you provide to solve the problem does nothing....at all.

Im not looking for tech support or a solution anymore, just letting you guys at tripwire know that you wont be receiving any future pre-orders from me.

Thx

Sad Panda

After purchasing this game and waiting with anticipation as it dl's and finish's just to find out i cannot even join a single game after pre-purchasing the deluxe edition from steam is really disheartening. All servers are either filtered out "even though i have no filters on" Or they say i do not have the content that is on the server. 9 days till release and this is a issue.. :( . On top of all that the solutions you provide to solve the problem does nothing....at all.

Im not looking for tech support or a solution anymore, just letting you guys at tripwire know that you wont be receiving any future pre-orders from me.

Thx

Sad Panda
I suppose you expected BETA testing to be bug free? You do understand that the product is still being fixed? You do understand that as a BETA tester it is part of your job to find and report bugs and issues? If you don't want to BETA test that's fine, but don't act surprised if there are issues. Not every solution to an issue is going to work. A lot of people had this same problem including me after the latest patch.

Upvote 0
while i do agree with people defending tripwire in the sense this is only a BETA, i have to AGREE with alot of people in saying that we cannot even find servers to play on. I can understand in game bugs or even crashing, but not being able to even find a single server is disappointing. I am aware of the fixes that are in place, however we should not have to rely on workaround JUST to join a game.

We all know tripwire is working hard on all the issues, there are alot of them and thats to be expected. I just hope all this is fixed by the time the game comes out.

Upvote 0

Thx

Sad Panda

Your anger IS understandable Panda, but it's a bit misplaced.. The game is NOT officially released yet.. so your game is still considered to be on pre-order. What you have is a BETA release, in which Tripwire is asking for your help to locate and report any bugs that are found, so that the Official release will work the way it is supposed to. If your game is not working at this time, that helps to tell Tripwire something needs to be adjusted on it, so that it will. Just be patient, I am sure the game will be working fine on your system, by release date.

By the way, just so you know. I too am having the same exact problem, as well as many others at this time. It is apparently a technical problem partially on STEAM's part.

Do a search on this Forum, there are a few good work-arounds in the meantime.

CaveSquid

Upvote 0
while i do agree with people defending tripwire in the sense this is only a BETA, i have to AGREE with alot of people in saying that we cannot even find servers to play on. I can understand in game bugs or even crashing, but not being able to even find a single server is disappointing. I am aware of the fixes that are in place, however we should not have to rely on workaround JUST to join a game.

We all know tripwire is working hard on all the issues, there are alot of them and thats to be expected. I just hope all this is fixed by the time the game comes out.

That's the nature of betas.

Upvote 0
I bought the DDE yesterday, just so I can play beta until the game releases. WHAT AN UTTER WASTE OF MONEY! I un-tick all filters and it comes up with roughly 100 servers, all empty. I try to connect to one and it says "you can't connect because the host has downloadable content you do not". I want a refund tbh, because I've now lost faith in the main game.

Reactions: Schnitzel15
Upvote 0
Beta actually does mean beta.

The game is not done, there is trouble, the trouble will be resolved.

In Beta tech support is reversed. We supply data to the devs so they can fix the game, ideally we would be stressing stuff and trying to break the game, not trying to avoid it being broken and trying to bypass issues discovered.

Note that I say this as one of the crash prone players unable to play since update.

So I rage against the machine, but not against beta testing in itself.

But beta testing is not everyone's cup of tea, so respect to those not wanting to do it. The delux benefits are however enduring.

Beta-testing is just one of the perks. We also get a bayonet!

Upvote 0
Beta actually does mean beta.

The game is not done, there is trouble, the trouble will be resolved.

In Beta tech support is reversed. We supply data to the devs so they can fix the game, ideally we would be stressing stuff and trying to break the game, not trying to avoid it being broken and trying to bypass issues discovered.

Note that I say this as one of the crash prone players unable to play since update.

So I rage against the machine, but not against beta testing in itself.

But beta testing is not everyone's cup of tea, so respect to those not wanting to do it. The delux benefits are however enduring.

Beta-testing is just one of the perks. We also get a bayonet!

Try cranking your Shadows up..it fixed most of my crashing issues.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I bought the DDE yesterday, just so I can play beta until the game releases. WHAT AN UTTER WASTE OF MONEY! I un-tick all filters and it comes up with roughly 100 servers, all empty. I try to connect to one and it says "you can't connect because the host has downloadable content you do not". I want a refund tbh, because I've now lost faith in the main game.
I hope this is sarcasm.

Upvote 0
Probably not..there was someone on a server I was on earlier bragging that he canceled his pre-order.

Oh well, they can go back to CoD, they won't be missed~

I hope this is sarcasm.

Ive never played CoD, but I forgot about the DDE exclusive content...so I'll stick. It's just a shame that so close to launch, it looks like I'm not going to be able to play the beta.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ive never played CoD, but I forgot about the DDE exclusive content...so I'll stick. It's just a shame that so close to launch, it looks like I'm not going to be able to play the beta.

There is a problem with the server browser not showing servers with the new maps installed. They said that is going to be fixed,most likely today.

posted by [TW]Yoshiro @ 01:13AM on September 05, 2011
We are looking into the issue of updated servers NOT showing up in the browser. For now, connect via IP. Look in the forums for some.

Upvote 0