• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gun Audio

Chadwiick

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 21, 2010
Tampa, Florida
Hey guys, just want to say a little something before I ask my question.
Alright I like to play Medal of Honor from time to time, I hate blasting audio, but with this game I like to turn it up loud because the audio is extremely great, it makes the game more fun for me.
Now on the other hand - Black Ops... the audio sucks so bad I can't stand the game. Period.
So here is my question, what will the gun audio be? To be more specific, are they going to be as realistic as possible making me want to crank up volume and enjoy the sound?

Hey guys, just want to say a little something before I ask my question.
Alright I like to play Medal of Honor from time to time, I hate blasting audio, but with this game I like to turn it up loud because the audio is extremely great, it makes the game more fun for me.
Now on the other hand - Black Ops... the audio sucks so bad I can't stand the game. Period.
So here is my question, what will the gun audio be? To be more specific, are they going to be as realistic as possible making me want to crank up volume and enjoy the sound?

The sounds of BC2 and MOH might sound nice but that doesn't in anyway mean that they're realistic. It means that they're hollywood and put a lot of work into making them sound "cool".

As for ROHOS from what we've heard they'll be realistic with some umph :)

Reactions: nike_angus
Upvote 0
The sounds of BC2 and MOH might sound nice but that doesn't in anyway mean that they're realistic. It means that they're hollywood and put a lot of work into making them sound "cool".

As for ROHOS from what we've heard they'll be realistic with some umph :)
My friend is a Marine who has heard the actual guns says they sound so realistic, I take my friends word. :)

Reactions: nike_angus
Upvote 0
My friend is a Marine who has heard the actual guns says they sound so realistic, I take my friends word. :)

I think their modeling regarding the speed of sound is nice. Personally i do not feel as if the gunsounds themselves in Moh,BC2 is very realistic and thats something im basing upon my time in the army.

But once again, that doesn't mean they're bad, infact i think DICE have done one of the best sound jobs ever , far beyond anything from cod,cs etc. They've also managed adjust what sound effect should have priority etc, causing a very nice and smooth blend for the overall gaming experience.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Has anyone ever seen that scene in HEAT , just after the botched robbery with the shoot out. I want gun sounds like that because thats the most ****ing epic scene of fighting in modern cinema (even though the sounds were even toned down during production).

My point is guns are REALLY loud, especially anywhere where there are buildings that echo the sound. I would imagine being shot at is not a very pleasent experience so the gun sounds should be so loud and scary that you know you dont want to be shot at.

Reactions: Miro!
Upvote 0
Has anyone ever seen that scene in HEAT , just after the botched robbery with the shoot out. I want gun sounds like that because thats the most ****ing epic scene of fighting in modern cinema (even though the sounds were even toned down during production).

My point is guns are REALLY loud, especially anywhere where there are buildings that echo the sound. I would imagine being shot at is not a very pleasent experience so the gun sounds should be so loud and scary that you know you dont want to be shot at.

Agreed. It definitely ties in with immersion.

Upvote 0