• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Released] Hunting Rifle Beta

braindead

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 22, 2009
Merry Ol' England
Hey all

Here it is, the final release of the version of the Hunting Rifle.

Edit: Updated 05/06/2011

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20398175/BDHuntingRifleFinal_rar

Edit: Updated 18/12/2011

http://www.ijcdevelopment.de/wp/bdhrplus.rar

New version, which works with IJC Weapons Pack 2.7
More expensive
Whitelisted

To use..download the final version ^ and install this version on top as it does not include the media files.
(Will update soon with a new package)

Big thank you to the IJC Team

(Show them some love here)

http://www.ijcdevelopment.de/

Thank you to halbridious for beta testing and giving me very important feedback.

The weapon uses the 3rdp animations for the Winchester but the next version will include custom anims.
The reloading anim may change in a future release also.

To use this weapon, please use the Custom Mutator Trader here http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=47740,.
This way you will be able to use your current SS perk! or you could use the included mutator to add it to the trader list.

Just add BDHuntingRifleFinal.Hunting_RiflePickup to the ini or weapon listing to purchase from the trader.

Enjoy! and please post any feedback

HR4.jpg

Last edited:
i put the files in my client and i add this line: BDHuntingRifle.Hunting_RiflePickup in the Customshop and the weapon don't appears in the list, what i'm doing wrong??

I have the same issue, BDHuntingRifle.Hunting_RiflePickup doesn't put it in the shop what did I do wrong??

May be worth editing the ini file instead and putting it in there. There seems to be a slight issue when adding weapons in the advanced screen, you need to make sure ," is added at the end of the last weapon and delete it if you see it prior to the last weapon.

Plus in the ini file, make sure you have a dummy line so you code looks like:

Code:
[KFCustomShopMutV2.KFCustomShopMutB]
WeaponForSale=KFMod.MP7MPickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.ShotgunPickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.BoomStickPickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.LAWPickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.AA12Pickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.SinglePickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.DualiesPickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.DeaglePickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.DualDeaglePickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.WinchesterPickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.CrossbowPickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.M14EBRPickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.BullpupPickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.AK47Pickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.SCARMK17Pickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.KnifePickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.MachetePickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.AxePickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.ChainsawPickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.KatanaPickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.FlameThrowerPickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.MAC10Pickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.PipeBombPickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.M79Pickup
WeaponForSale=kfdualmp7mut.mp7dpickup
[COLOR=SandyBrown]WeaponForSale=BDHuntingRifle.Hunting_RiflePickup[/COLOR]
WeaponForSale=wtf.wtfequipsa80pickup
WeaponForSale=

It's everything I've always wanted 11/10 nuff said

Thanks YoYo :)

And thank you all for the great comments so far!

Will have a think about a new fire sound.

Upvote 0
This happened.

Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2712 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT (6099)

General protection fault!

History: FD3D9RenderInterface::SetMaterial <- USkeletalMeshInstance::Render <- FDynamicActor::Render <- FActorSceneNode::Render <- UCanvas::DrawActor <- UCanvas::execDrawActor <- (HUNTING_RIFLE KF-Testmap1pv.HUNTING_RIFLE @ Function BDHuntingRifle.HUNTING_RIFLE.RenderOverlays : 04AA) <- UObject::processEvent <- (HUDKillingFloor KF-Testmap1pv.HUDKillingFloor, Function Engine.HUD.PostRenderActors) <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level KF-Testmap6p <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Upvote 0
This happened.

I have a same problem on my dedicate server.

Code:
Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2749 MHz with 2046MB RAM
Video: ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT (1036)

General protection fault!

History: FD3D9RenderInterface::SetMaterial <- USkeletalMeshInstance::Render <- FDynamicActor::Render <- FActorSceneNode::Render <- UCanvas::DrawActor <- UCanvas::execDrawActor <- (HUNTING_RIFLE KF-Arcade-Shopping-CON.HUNTING_RIFLE @ Function BDHuntingRifle.HUNTING_RIFLE.RenderOverlays : 04AA) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (HUDKillingFloor KF-Arcade-Shopping-CON.HUDKillingFloor, Function Engine.HUD.PostRenderActors) <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level KF-Arcade-Shopping-center <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Upvote 0
can you teach me how i can do that dude? =)

Open KillingFloor.ini and find the 'ServerPackages=' lines

Then make a new entry of

ServerPackages=BDHuntingRifle

As for the crash error, I haven't been able to replicate it yet, although I was getting the error when I first made the weapon, it seemed to stop once I created all of the files.

Please make sure you have all of the relevant system files in your system folder.

I will try and find what is happening and let you know.

Upvote 0
The maximum ammo is too low...maybe 80 or 100.
Also,the reload speed should be faster for SS.

The recoil.SS should have recoil reduction on this rifle.
The weight,8 is too heavy.Maybe 6 or 7.

The maximum ammo was already raised, but remember - this is a weapon designed to go between the lar and cbow - the LAR has higher ammo so you can take out a serious chunk of a multiplayer wave with it, and the CBow has the power to take out the big guys in one/two hits. This gun mixes the two - you don't feel too bad about shooting clots and using up ammo, but you still need to conserve for the big guys. Too much ammo and you're OP-ing this weapon.

As for the weight, wht? you can already carry a pistol or assault rifle, what more do you want?

I don't know if its been coded for perks yet or not tho, so idk about reload speed. tho i didn't have a problem using it.

Upvote 0
If I'm allowed to join the damage/weight/ammo debatte:

The LAR weighs 6, has 140 damage (i think :rolleyes:) and a 2x hs-multiplier, and 80 shots
The Xbow weighs 9, has 300 damage and a 4x hs-multiplier, and 36 shots.

The Hunting Rifle could have:
225-ish damage, 2x-ish hs-multiplier and 50-ish shots, but also only weigh 6 (it becomes "useless" at a heigher weight than that, unless you make the M14 and the Hunting Rifle both weigh 7). That way you could pair it with the M14.

(Imo, pistols should be a new perk's area (Gunslinger) or the Commando's. That way, the LAR at 6 weight, and the M14 and Hunting Rifle at 7 weight, AND XBOW at 8 would allow for some fun customization for the Sharpshooter.)

Tl;dr:
Keep the ammo low, and damage at "medium", BUT ALSO THE WEIGHT LOW or else it might become useless.

Last edited:
Reactions: SMIFF
Upvote 0