• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra Critical Error

Aleutian

Jun 30, 2008
Hey guys, i just got RO about a week ago, but i am unable to play it because everytime i try to join a get a message that says this:

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]
CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2002 MHz with 383MB RAM
Video: No Video
Can't find 'ini:Engine.Engine.GameEngine' in configuration file
History: UObject::SafeLoadError <- UObject::StaticLoadClass <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

I am not a computer genious and i have no idea what this means, if anyone knows how to fix this please tell me, i really want to be able the play RO.

Thanks

Beside what sneidy said (most probable cause engine.engine.gameinfo doesn't exist) you can try the following as well if it failes.

Error: "Can't find file 'xyz'"

Fix: Check your launch options in Steam - right-click on RO in Steam ---> "Properties" ---> "Set launch options" and ensure the box is EMPTY - no text at all. If you launch from a desktop icon, check there are no extraneous parameters - should look like this (roughly):

"c:\program files\steam\steam.exe" -applaunch 1200

you can try changing that if you couldn't find the issue.

c:\program files\steam\steam.exe" -applaunch 1200 -rointro.rom

Last edited:
Upvote 0
When in doubt System File Out...

Steam/steamapps/Common/RO/system : delete this file.

Start Steam and validate your local game cache :eek:.
Go to My Games, right click on the RO icon/properties/local game files/ validate integrity of ...

You will have to reset you player/video options but "it makes for good practice and doesn't hurt too much".

Thats what me Mum used to say anyhow!

Might help, might not.

System spec's ?

Upvote 0
It won't be called redorchestra.ini
Its called redorchestra and it looks like a text file,when you hover the mouse over it, it says configuration file.
All the .ini files are the same.

It might be called redorchestra.ini if you have your Folder Options set to show the file extension (by default it is off) Never liked the off option as a default, messes too many people up when they have to look for stuff, hence I have mine set to show the files extensions.

Upvote 0