• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hand Grenades,Rifle grenades ,and other goodies

morbius

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 2, 2007
Indianapolis,Indiana
After seeing the stuff at this web site,I realize how seriously lacking our choices in RO really are.

http://www.inert-ord.net/index.html

click on the German flag and the Russian flag to see these countries color pics of all types of hand grenades,rifle grenades,panzerschrek rounds etc.

Why do we not have Rifle grenades in RO?Why only German stick grenades and not Egg grenades?Where are the Russian AT grenades?

This site really opens up some ideas for the future.

The types of nades we have are the most common. Rifle nades are neat but... they were not used all that often and you needed to load in a speical round into the chamber to fire them.

What i really wonder about is why the german nades fly the same distance as the russian nades. When the german ones would be much much easier to throw a long distance. And why the russian and german nades have the same killing power when the russian nade would have a greater radius of damage due to its design using lots of shrapnel and the german design only used the concussion force to kill. Unless they slid a sleeve over it to add that shrapnel in. Not that common but it was around.

Upvote 0
The types of nades we have are the most common. Rifle nades are neat but... they were not used all that often and you needed to load in a speical round into the chamber to fire them.

What i really wonder about is why the german nades fly the same distance as the russian nades. When the german ones would be much much easier to throw a long distance. And why the russian and german nades have the same killing power when the russian nade would have a greater radius of damage due to its design using lots of shrapnel and the german design only used the concussion force to kill. Unless they slid a sleeve over it to add that shrapnel in. Not that common but it was around.

From my experience the german nades seem to be more powerfull and have more range :confused:

Upvote 0
You gotta be kiddin me, the german grenades ingame fly like half a friggin kilometer, i'd see someone in my sights throwing a grendae when theyre literally 50 yards away, and then BOOM it lands next to me, fly the same distance my ***.
NO hard feelings mate, just venting here.

That and i agree about the russian ones should have more range, but ingame ive noticed the exact opposite.

Upvote 0
yeah the german nades should fly about 2-3times as far as the russian nades. but the russian nades should have a larger kill radius. In game i havnt noticed german nades going any farther but i havnt really done any testing. Maybe someone that knows how to do the modding and stuff on the weapons can take a look and see if there is a diffrence in range and damage area just to clear things up.

Upvote 0
Rifle grenades wouldn't have a practical use in RO.
Its not like you just just right click to shoot one ala UT2004's secondary fire.
You would have to empty your weapon first, load a special bullet into it, and then attach the grenade. Just so you can fire a grenade once. Then you would have to reload again so you can use your weapon again.
Thanks but no thanks. Regular grenades for me, please.

Upvote 0
Rifle grenades were common in WW2,as were the M1939 German egg grenade which was produced from 1939 until the end of the war.

I used to own a K98 Mauser ,and I had a bayonet, cleaning kit,Rifle Grenade cup,etc.(I wanted all the accessories for it!)It didn't take long to attach the cup.(about as long as it takes to change barrels in an MG,maybe less)I did not have the sight that attaches to the rifle though.

And yes it required wood tipped"Blank" ammo .

They weren't very accurate,Like todays grenade launchers,but I can see how they could be useful in-game.

Germany,Japan,and America all used Rifle grenades,they aren't as uncommon as you think,they just seem to be forgotten.

Upvote 0
You gotta be kiddin me, the german grenades ingame fly like half a friggin kilometer, i'd see someone in my sights throwing a grendae when theyre literally 50 yards away, and then BOOM it lands next to me, fly the same distance my ***.
NO hard feelings mate, just venting here.

That and i agree about the russian ones should have more range, but ingame ive noticed the exact opposite.

Like everything you said is factually wrong.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We must do this, I want more weapons. :evilsmilethatisn'thereformetoclick:

Rifle grenades wouldn't have a practical use in RO.
Its not like you just just right click to shoot one ala UT2004's secondary fire.
You would have to empty your weapon first, load a special bullet into it, and then attach the grenade. Just so you can fire a grenade once. Then you would have to reload again so you can use your weapon again.
Thanks but no thanks. Regular grenades for me, please.

Well then it should be programmed that you can only use it after you run out of bullets, then you click G and you load that special bullets.

yeah the german nades should fly about 2-3times as far as the russian nades. but the russian nades should have a larger kill radius. In game i havnt noticed german nades going any farther but i havnt really done any testing. Maybe someone that knows how to do the modding and stuff on the weapons can take a look and see if there is a diffrence in range and damage area just to clear things up.

Yeah nades are like the same exact throw and power, should be different, or at least noticeably different.

Upvote 0