• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Is there a way to make all the zombies spawn at once?

Code:
[kfmod.KFGameType]
KFGameLength=1
WaveStartSpawnPeriod=6.000000
StartingCash=300
MinRespawnCash=250
bUseEndGameBoss=True
bRespawnOnBoss=True
bNoLateJoiners=False
TmpWavesInf=
TmpSquadsInf=
TmpMClassInf=
LobbyTimeout=20
TimeBetweenWaves=60
bEnemyHealthBars=False
[COLOR=red]MaxZombiesOnce=32[/COLOR]

Change that.

and if that doesn't work try

set kfmod.KFGameType MaxZombiesOnce=100 in the dedicated server console

Upvote 0
if you enter in the command via console in the webadmin, perks will stay, but the effect of the increased zombies will only stay until the map changes, so basically after the waves, or all players die.

then you have to re-enter the command.

you can have it automated but you have to set the game to custom which disables perks.

Several other ppl and I are trying to get it to where we can have more zombies automatically set after each map change without disabling perks.

Upvote 0
if you enter in the command via console in the webadmin, perks will stay, but the effect of the increased zombies will only stay until the map changes, so basically after the waves, or all players die.

then you have to re-enter the command.

you can have it automated but you have to set the game to custom which disables perks.

Several other ppl and I are trying to get it to where we can have more zombies automatically set after each map change without disabling perks.

Thank you, that was very helpful my friend.

Upvote 0
killingfloor.ini in system folder if i'm right...

Hmm Well I edited that, changed it to 200, and nothing really seemed to change. So I opened up my dedicated console and typed in

set kfmod.KFGameType MaxZombiesOnce=100

but there was some kind of error, so I put spaces in between the equals sign

set kfmod.KFGameType MaxZombiesOnce = 100

And it accepted it, but I dont see a big difference?

Upvote 0
Ummm, your problem is that MaxZombiesOnce doesn't do what you think it does.

That variable sets an "upper limit" on the number of zombies that can possibly be spawned at once. It has nothing to do with how many actually spawn. The number of zombies that will spawn at any given time is determined by some combination of game difficulty, number of players present, and something else I've already forgotten. Let me go check the code...

Yea, it's in KFGameType.uc 's SetupWave() function:

Code:
NewMaxMonsters = NewMaxMonsters * DifficultyMod * NumPlayersMod;

TotalMaxMonsters = Clamp(NewMaxMonsters,5,800);  //11, MAX 800, MIN 5

MaxMonsters = Clamp(TotalMaxMonsters,5,MaxZombiesOnce);
I could be misinterpreting this myself, but here's how I think it works:

NewMaxMonsters is based on the Wave you are currently in and the "maximum zombies that can show up in -that- wave". Difficulty and NumPlayers are self explanatory.

TotalMaxMonsters determines the Wave size. I don't know what Clamp does offhand, but it seems to say "The maximum number of zombies that will appear in this wave should be NewMaxMonsters, so long as that value is between 5 and 800".

MaxMonsters determines Zombies spawned at once, which is hypothetically EVERY zombie in a wave so long as there's more than 5 and less than MaxZombiesOnce.

Ack, this is getting wordy. Short version: If you want to be swarmed, set MaxZombiesOnce to, say, 100 AND ramp up the number of players and difficulty. A better, guaranteed way to be swarmed would be to make a tiny mutator that alters the lower bound from 5 to 50+ on Total/MaxMonsters (Along with bumping MaxZombiesOnce up to compensate).

Note: I just tried setting MaxMonsters through console, which apparently isn't allowed. A mutator really is the way to go.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is it possible?

Is it possible?

The mutator has a huge nice things I really like it and i really like it!. I am new to this kind of codes, never had it before. But I will ask is it possible to change anything in the files?
For example, when I'm level 6 as support, I have some singular ammo and Huntting gun, I want to change, when I reach level 7, so I will add huntting gun + shot gun + singular maybe 5% extra ammo and maybe bigger magasin, when I am level 15 so I would add A12 + huntting gun + shotgun and 30% in extra ammoand magasin, like in firebug perk, flame weapon get extra ammo every level you get Higher. it's just so nice
Zerk perk I will add Axe, and katana
Medic would be nice if get better budy armor in %, for example, 200% budy better armor when you are lvl 15 or higher.
for Demo might be fine if it was a little more ammo also in.%, just like pips, you getting an extra pipe every level.
Is it possible? two make this changes?
is someone will help me with this to make it happen ?

Thanks for your time.
Sorry for my bad english.

Upvote 0