• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Anyone else think they should give the Commando a "special" weapon?

Lazysunday12

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 18, 2009
Something along the lines of a SAW. Would help it in its role of garbage man, but actually give the class some punch and use when it came to Fleshpounds and other big baddies. Wouldnt be cheap, and it'd be heavy, but it would actually let the commando be useful in the later waves.

The bullpup is very good and I don't think commando should get another weapon. If so then give every perk class a new weapon.

edit : Actually thinking about it they need all of the stuff they have for the bullpup also for the LAW, it seems every class has a specials weapon besides medic (obvious why) so I guess it makes sense to give commando's the LAW though I think they balanced it out by letting them see stalkers and by letting them see enemy health (not very useful though imo)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I guess it makes sense to give commando's the LAW though I think they balanced it out by letting them see stalkers

You don't have to commando to notice the stalkers. At "sunny" places you can even see the shadow when they are invinsable.

But back to the topic. I havent played Commando yet, but i think if you give one perk a specific weapon alot people is gonna be all like "wtf, we want a new weapon too". And then we're gonna see alot of topics about the same stuff.

Upvote 0
Well, the LAW is the only special weapon that doesn't have a class perk benefit. All of the others can be enhanced already. It just makes sense to let the Commando have the LAW, since he's stuck with the Bullpup alone.

Before this thread I was going to consider suggesting the Commando gets a bonus to the 9mm as well.

Upvote 0
Well, the LAW is the only special weapon that doesn't have a class perk benefit. All of the others can be enhanced already. It just makes sense to let the Commando have the LAW, since he's stuck with the Bullpup alone.

Before this thread I was going to consider suggesting the Commando gets a bonus to the 9mm as well.

That makes perfect sense, I agree.

Upvote 0
I should have clarified, I don't mean make it a weapon only the commando class can use, jsut a weapon under the special category that the commando gets a bonus for.

Another idea would be as you level the perk you get attachments for your bulpulp. A quick example i thought up would be:
Lvl 2: Flashlight attachment
Lvl 3: Grenade Launcher attachemnt
Lvl 4: Increased ammo/grenade capacity (thats kinda jacked from support, so if anyone as a better idea let me know)
Lvl 5: High Explosive Grenades fired from launcher.

Upvote 0
Another idea I had is as you level the perk, you get new attachments for your bulpulp. A quick template i thought of on the fly would be
Lvl 2: Flashlight attachment
Lvl 3: Grenade Launcher Attachment
Lvl 4: Increased ammo.grenade carrying cap (this ones weak, I know, let me know if you have a better idea)
Lvl 5: High Explosive Grenades fired from the Grenade Launcher.

Upvote 0
Instead of the bren gun why not the modern equivalent, the LSW
lsw_410.jpg

Would fit in better with the game and bullpup and shouldn

Upvote 0