• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Consoles?

Peter Tran

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 17, 2009
Hello guys, I've played the UTk4 mod of this way back then... Then I heard about this game out, so I was like omg... Well, the problem is, my PC wouldn't be able to handle this game, and I was wondering if it would be coming out for consoles, because I don't feel like L4D.

Hello guys, I've played the UTk4 mod of this way back then... Then I heard about this game out, so I was like omg... Well, the problem is, my PC wouldn't be able to handle this game, and I was wondering if it would be coming out for consoles, because I don't feel like L4D.

Your PC can't handle this? Any computer from late 2003 should be able to run at at a perfectly acceptable framerate, even on Medium settings.

I don't think KF will come out for Consoles. I hear that RO2:HoS will though.

Upvote 0
Oh, Is this running on the source engine? I thought it was a totally different engine. If you don't mind, whats RO2:HoS?

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad, a sequel to TWI's first title, Red Orchestra. They got a UT3 Engine license for winning the MSU contest, and I've hear whispers of it going on Consoles. That would really be their first big release. I mean KF & RO are good releases, but once you go Multi-platform, SP & MP...you've hit the big leagues.

Upvote 0
Hey, Valve never became a sell-out, I don't see Tripwire doing it either.

yea, you're right, it doesn't have to happen, but...

look how many it has happened to... Epic Games pretty much, it looks like it's about to get Crytek, Monolith most definitely (FEAR 2... so sad...), etc.

Thankfully people like Valve still have love for the PC, while letting consoles have a taste of the high caliber as well

Upvote 0
Well, Valve's specialty is first person shooters, which is a market shared by both PCs and consoles. You'll see that most of Valve's products have made it to consoles one way or another. Hell, I played the PC version of Half Life 2 almost a year after I played the XBox version.

Point is, Valve relies on Steam for the backbone of its PC distribution capabilities. This allows it to avoid tangling with retailers and publishing companies to make 'popular' products that will sell well to the masses.

Also, having your stock privately held helps as well. :D

Upvote 0