• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Unplayable Release FPS

Game is currently unenjoyable due to the performance.

Just even a few settings on medium and its unplayable (-30 most of the time, complete slide show in open areas). I have to put it on Lowest to get frames to stay above 30 fps (and even then it dips often) but then it looks like Turok on N64, and DEFINITELY worse than ROOST

Look at this screenshot: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/594696715555701633/A3C6E1974B439B81B57D38B9AC360268C7FA6778/

AMD Athlon 64 FX-62 2.8 ghz dual core
3 gigs of ram
GTX 260 core 216
Vista home 32

I have the recommended GPU and a CPU a comfortable 500 mhz above min, but its running like my specs should be below minimum, so either you guys didnt accurately determine what the min/req specs should be, or you have some work to do on the engine.

I don't have an epic machine and I dont expect to get 200 fps on ultra, but I DO want it to be playable and look better than its predecessor, or at least equal to it.

I appreciate all you've done with the several patches on the beta (which I didnt play unfortunately :( ) but please take care of this quickly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
even if my FPS are the same or maybe higher than in the beta, the game seems to go slower than before :confused:

moreover I noticed muche stuttering, the problem is that game drop randomly fps in normal situations and this cause an extremely variable framerate.....and this not only happen with artillery...

I've seen that turn vysinc and smooth framerate on makes things slightly better but in the beta I had them off (and the games was went better) :confused:

Upvote 0
Yes, did that, no help unfortunately.

Tried this, too, but still under 30 FPS. As always, thanks for everyone's suggestions. Hopefully things will get sorted out sometime!

Sorry it didn't help. I edited my post and added my specs and my settings. You can change that sound setting up to 128. Just use 8 bit increments. (8. 16, 32, 64, 128).

Maybe going higher could help for some odd reason. I'll test with my buddy since his works by going lower and I'll have him test with going higher to see if it helps in reverse.

Believe it or not I upped mine from the 32 to 128 just to see if there were a difference and it actually gave me about 10 extra FPS... Very strange to say the least. LOL

Upvote 0
you know whats sad is i bought men of war Vietnam and thought that game was a waste of $40 because it was nothing more then Vietnam themed skins on men of war assault squad game but then i played my $40 ro2hos game and said geez at least i could play men of war Vietnam without crashing, lag, missing stats, missing native voices, etc etc. its day 1 and we cant even have our unlocks that we PAYED for.

Reactions: NightriderAOF
Upvote 0
so here are my settings

Here is what the game looks like, notice how terrible the AA is, and how it doesn't seem to even be working. Also that framerate is pretty much my average.

Please tell me this is the game's fault. It has to be.

My specs:

Operating System
MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

CPU
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 @ 2.50GHz 66

Upvote 0
What's really odd is that I played the beta last night and had perfectly acceptable fps on every map. Now I'm struggling to maintain 30 fps.

Overall, performance is just very inconsistent. Sometimes I'll sit at 50 fps for a while and then dip into the high 20s for no apparent reason while viewing the same scene.

I'm running a 4870. Not the greatest card, but at various points in the beta, including just last night, it was running the game fine on high to medium settings. There's no doubt in my mind this is an optimization issue.

Upvote 0
ha

ha

I think main problem is in GPU usage, the game just cant use my gpu. I have fully overclocked ati 5770 (960/1440) and when i play other games like crysis 2. GPU usage is about 90-95 precent. I can see it on temptature as well. IN full loaded i get even 70-72 celcius ( due the overtact). But in this game GPU usage like 50 precent and temptature not go over 62.

Thats the main problem in my opinion.

Upvote 0
I think main problem is in GPU usage, the game just cant use my gpu. I have fully overclocked ati 5770 (960/1440) and when i play other games like crysis 2. GPU usage is about 90-95 precent. I can see it on temptature as well. IN full loaded i get even 70-72 celcius ( due the overtact). But in this game GPU usage like 50 precent and temptature not go over 62.

Thats the main problem in my opinion.

I checked my hardware. Game uses both cores near 100% but GPU only 40%. So I agree.

Upvote 0