• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I have a crush on Mrs. Claws

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh god this debate again...:rolleyes:
Where everyone feels the need to polarize to one thing or another, and everyone throws around stereotypes and misinformation, and everyone randomly insults each other. I mean, personally, I am not all too into anime, but it has its uses: it allows people with ideas to make shows that can be taken seriously without pumping millions into special effects that wouldn't even look as good. And as such, it has the potential for people with good ideas and artists to go out with little money and make something better.

As contrast to American Television, where good ideas are few to be found, and due to the nature of it, the shows you see aren't "who has the most liked/best ideas", it is "who has the most dosh to produce it". Of course, there are TONS of bad, bad anime as well, and I personally like only maybe 2 shows of it, but its better for abstract-ish stuff, or for on-the-cheap production. Of course, anything based on person-to-person discussion and less abstract stuff is better in live action; hence why I love a large number of live action movies and shows, and those make up the majority of my "diet". But the fact remains that anime, though intimidating, does have certain factors that make certain shows better animated, and does have some treasures if you sift through the garbage. In the end, its like normal TV: just another way of telling a story, doing a show.

So lets cut out with this polarized rubbish and banding about insults, and just accept you like one thing and they like another (although its always wise to investigate both), and keep your mind open.

Upvote 0
Wow, topic started with someone's Gas Mask Girl (See below) fetish

Fallout_3.jpg

And ends with a debate over Anime and American Television. This forum is weird sometimes.

My view on anime: It ranges wildly from things like Hellsing and Fullmetal Alchemist that have well developed characters, a great plot, and great animation, to...

Well, I guess the best example would be yesterday, when I was channel surfing and saw a show called Beyblade. It was a dead-serious (Albeit poorly animated) show about kids fighting with spinning tops. I think crap like it is what most people think of when they think anime...

Upvote 0
A lot of anime does suck but Cowboy Bebop was amazing. I think people who say all anime sucks have only seen the ones that are targeted at teenagers. There are some that are targeted at adult audiences and they are pretty good. Their plots don't revolve around long haired teenage faggots with colorful hair like most anime does.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Anime sucks. So does American television, barring the Science Channel.

Well be a little fair.

I'll be first to slam people who like anime "Just because its anime". Especially if the reason for it is just because its japanese. But I'll also slam people who say anime sucks "because its anime".

I've disliked 90% of anime I've seen, but I was right into Dragonball Z when the story made sense before it went silly, and Saiyuki is funny as all hell, and books like Deathnote have an interesting concept and idea to them.

I say judge something for what it is, not the group that it belongs to...
although to be fair both DBZ and Saiyuki are considered quite poor by anime standards, which may speak volumes in itself. :D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.