• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

MP7+Medic Perk

Very obvious that no one here has an arguement hasn't played anything higher than normal mode.

The gun sucks at higher levels and STOPS you with one shot, yes, stops you dead in your tracks, you don't automatically start running full speed.

Anybody who uses the hold the line technique will realize if they actually used this gun that zeds in the way of your teammates automatically make the gun fail.

If they are going to add more SMGs, then fine, but currently, its worthless and any player would realize that 4-5 different classes + another offensive class rather than a medic will do you better any day.

BTW, laughable that anybody things you can snipe with this. Yeah, I'm sure after the 25th round that you finally got that headshot on the clot four miles across the map is truly an accomplishment.

Also, whoever said I just gun with it with auto is also an idiot, as I've been saying, you don't need to full-auto for it to deaden your movement completely.

How about hitting all the crawlers on the ground that just blocked your escape route and then making it out of it?

Nuff' said.

Seriously i can't even tell what your complaining about anymore...

Upvote 0
The fact of the matter is that right now the MP7 is a pain for the medics to use even in trained hands. It would easily make the perk more desirable if medics were able to have reduced recoil and increased damage.
Right now the damage is not proportioned to the size/powder behind the round. The reduced recoil just makes sense I'm a level 5 medic you think I would have used the gun a lot if I'm that high of a level should I not get the same benifits as the other classes?

I see two choices make it so that the medics get a perk specific weapon which is what the MP7 should have been (with all the reduced recoil and increased damage faster reload not asking for all of these just saying that some would be good)(I also realize that the medics get more ammo in the clip but it still takes a whole clip to take down Husk) or in general make the MP7 into a more powerful weapon with less recoil. Giving the MP7 stuff to the medic makes more sense though. For those of you that say the medic shouldn't have to fire his weapon or whatever so what am I just supposed to sit there and wait for someone to get wounded then run and heal them if you say yes you are an idiot it is true a medic shouldn't hold like an entire defending hallway by himself. I go between hallways healing people and helping fight off zeds. As previously stated sometime teams run off and seperate then the medic has to fight to help his group. With being able to kill less enemies we have less money to spend on ammo if I don't find any guns or pick up any ammo then it will take me prolly till wave 5 ish to get a weapon good enough to do any amount of serious helpful damage.

I don't know but does the medics get the MP7 at level 6? if they don't why don't they?

So either way if your going for propotioned weapons or for realistic the gun needs more damage.

Yes it works great as a back up but as a primary it gets annoying. Normal with the MP7 work but hard and suicidal is not easy and sorry that I don't have other classes that are level 5 and 6 to cheat and switch so I can have money.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Seriously i can't even tell what your complaining about anymore...

Me neither.

whinewhinewhinewhinewhine

You are NOT a perk that is made to be OFFENSIVE. YOU ARE NOT A DAMAGE-DEALER. WHAT PART OF THAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?

Of *course* it's possibly to be a huge asset to the team in terms of fighting power, but that depends entirely on your loadout and skills. If you cannot use the MP7M effectively, that's your own damn problem, not TWIs- I have always found the MP7M useful.

So either way if your going for propotioned weapons or for realistic the gun needs more damage.

...you are playing a zombie game. Also, as far as I know, SMGs carry lower caliber rounds. Regardless of either of these, see my response to your other whining above.

Upvote 0
Since most people here are idiots and keep saying things like they can switch perks multiple times during buy time, which you can't. That at the first round they buy 6 MP7s for their entire team, 6 times 90=540 so that's probably not true. Or that they can snipe with this weapon and that they often complete suicidal with entire teams armed with the weapon. I'm just going to take the low road of explaining the point:

Medic speed > all other classes

Medic speed with MP7 < all other classes

Medic damage resistance > all other classes

Medics involvement in actual battle < all other classes

What the **** don't you understand?

The fact that he's a medic, MAKES THE MP7 HIS ****ING PRIMARY GUN, YOU ****ING DOLT. MEDI GUN OR MP7 MEDIC GUN, THE NAME IS IN THE GUN.

Why have a gun that is light speed, light damage, and super high amounts of recoil to near halting in speed with short burst?

If I can't run as a medic with my healing weapon, then it instantly becomes useless to me.

You people are so idiotic. You obviously don't play higher levels of the game, VERY obvious with the way you speak about it. You obviously don't play medic because you have NO IDEA what you are talking about.

You are claiming the medics primary weapon of choice should be anything but the MP7, which fundamentally flaws it as a choice weapon. This leads me to believe you all do more firing in the game as a medic than anything. Especially considering when somebody made me laugh by saying as a medic they bought five pipebombs, a blooper and the medic gun (no you didn't.)

Not touting it as an assault weapon, but the gun is meant as a clearing device to make a path for my dart, and as a low weight and low power hybrid medigun for me to escape with while healing my team and defending myself. It acts like neither of those.

I had lvl 6 medic before this update even came out, and I was happy, NEW GUN FOR ME TO USE. Instead, what do I get? I get the medigun for use at long range that I have to switch t between all weapons and bullets to use as a last resort because of the beretta like stopping power.

You could take all that usefulness that you guys keep claiming it has and shove it up your ***. You could get the same exact effect by simply adding a tertiary fire method to the medigun specifically for medics, that acted like the same dart gun on this weapon.

Least then I wouldn't hit the fire button to kill a crawler and have a fleshpound run up my asshole.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes..
And a sharpshooters 'perk affected' weapon is a Desert Eagle...

primary or not, try taking down a group of clots and gorefasts with it until you reload.
Would you rather
1) Reload, carry on using it for the rest of the game
Or
2) STFU, and get a better gun

3) Request for the medic class to have either a bigger clip or faster reload.
It's not that unreasonable or game breaking, just making the gun a bit less of a thing that gets you killed, no shiny supergun.

Upvote 0
You are NOT a perk that is made to be OFFENSIVE. YOU ARE NOT A DAMAGE-DEALER. WHAT PART OF THAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?

Of *course* it's possibly to be a huge asset to the team in terms of fighting power, but that depends entirely on your loadout and skills. If you cannot use the MP7M effectively, that's your own damn problem, not TWIs- I have always found the MP7M useful.

...you are playing a zombie game. Also, as far as I know, SMGs carry lower caliber rounds. Regardless of either of these, see my response to your other whining above.

As I said I know i'm not supposed to deal damage but I need to get money some how. 99.99999% of the time I have gotten guess how much from my teammates 0. So if I can't kill something with a gun why the **** would I want it oh to heal you poor souls who can't heal yourself?
INCORRECT I know how to use the gun and am good with it but it sucks to use and I often find myself running from battles (you can't kill a scrake with 3 mags 90ish% were headshots thats on hard I can't imagine Sucidial). If we can't use it as a primary weapon then we have to carry something else like an AK which weighs a lot in medic terms and slows us down A LOT.
To respond to the end of the qoute I know my weapons and I know the design of this round and I know it should do more damage in comparsion to the weapons in this game and in real life it does more damage then some of the weapons in game.
It should do more damage then the bullipup and just under the AK either way.
I love how you have learned to alter qoutes don't you feel special.

As a final note if you don't know guns DON'T ****ing give your 2 cents on them. Unless your added comment is like oh it looks pretty or shiny or I want one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As I said I know i'm not supposed to deal damage but I need to get money some how. 99.99999% of the time I have gotten guess how much from my teammates 0. So if I can't kill something with a gun why the **** would I want it oh to heal you poor souls who can't heal yourself?
INCORRECT I know how to use the gun and am good with it but it sucks to use and I often find myself running from battles (you can't kill a scrake with 3 mags 90ish% were headshots thats on hard I can't imagine Sucidial). If we can't use it as a primary weapon then we have to carry something else like an AK which weighs a lot in medic terms and slows us down A LOT.
To respond to the end of the qoute I know my weapons and I know the design of this round and I know it should do more damage in comparsion to the weapons in this game and in real life it does more damage then some of the weapons in game.
It should do more damage then the bullipup and just under the AK either way.
I love how you have learned to alter qoutes don't you feel special.
You're NOT supposed to shoot scrakes with that pellet shooter just like the bullpup isn't for scrakes too.
If you want kills, get a grenadelauncher and shoot groups of clots and crawlers.
Or pop gorefast/clot/crawler/stalkerheads, nets you a passable ammount of money too, apart from the value everyone gets after each round.
It is also a great free get-out-of-rape card since it can insta-free surrounded teammates which you can then heal with the medgun in no time.

I also wish the ammo wouldn't be more expansive than the damn gun (See: crossbow) cause instead of paying 160 for ammo, I just throw it away and buy a new one for 90 which leads to people abusing the ridiculous resell value of it. (a thing that definitely needs to get fixed)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
HOLY **** ON A **** SANDWITCH!

I see what they're talking about now! For those who don't know what they're referring to...try firing on the move with it. You don't. You stop when firing. Immediately.

Didn't notice it because I usually stop to aim, but it isn't a gun that rewards aiming, so I tried the "Run n gun" like I do with the Bullpup. The bullpup/AK/SCAR allow you to move fullspeed while firing. This one stops you completely! Why?

...not that it's not still INCREDIBLY useful as a healing tool, but this further cements it's status as a "Last resort" for weaponry. If you want a "real" SMG weapon as a medic, grab a Bullpup. I currently go Medgun/Bullpup/Katana and it works great for supporting.

Upvote 0
There are so many things wrong with this entire post.

1) Why spawn as a medic in your first wave in-game? Medic class is meant to be leveled beside another primary class. A great compliment to a level 5/6 medic class is a level 6 commando Why? Because you spawn as a commando, play the wave with your free AK, then swap to your medic. Armor/medgun is GOING to be incredibly low priced. PLUS A FREE AK! This whole 'sticking to one class the entire game' thing is seriously stupid. You are given the option to switch classes between rounds. Use that to your advantage.
2) Besides completely explaining this away in my first point, you do not use the MP7 as an offensive weapon. Period. They shouldn't have even put bullets in the darned thing. It's a crawler/stalker/clot killer. And that's if they're chewing on your shins.
3) The sheer ability to get away from the patriarch (have never fought patty as medic on suicidal, correct me if I'm wrong) on up to hard mode is worth far more than you're giving movement bonus credit for. Combined with the fact that when you're playing with a non-pub group, somebody else of a different class can BUY you their tier-3 weapon at some point anyway. 749 for a freaking SCAR/M14 as level 6 commando/sharp is not impossible to reach multiple times. Plus the two most effective (cross-class) tier 3 weapons only weigh 5 kg. FIVE KILOGRAMS. Tiny. That's also assuming you prefer not to use the crossbow like every medic should be doing on wave 8-10 anyhow....

/rant over

Upvote 0