• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ping Compensation! Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of insulting and using his vast experience in the RO community as the content for his argument, if op stated the facts supporting netcode and the facts containing the detremental elements from other codes that he does not like then we can perhaps get a conclusive factual answer rather than an opinion. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
WTF is this thread about.
If u lagg to much according to ur oon taste on a server, switch to another, and if there are none atm, jeez, stop playin and go outside, shootin some APs/HEs in hot girls. i guarantee thats fun to ! :cool:
And if u're to desperate to stop playin, host a server urself and in one/two weeks time ppl of ur region will join u on the batllefield.

This thraed leads to nothin at all guyz, juts stop arguein about useless things. it will save u time, time is money, money is sex, sex is joy, joy is RO. As we say in french : "la boucle est boucl

Upvote 0
All we can give you is opinions.

We don't want to be killed by the server from behind cover, we don't want cheat vulnerability, and we don't want the game to be dominated by people who warp around on dial-up.

It's as simple as that.

I'd also like to see how one proposes to work ping compensation into a game with fully modeled ballistics and penetration.

Upvote 0
Zips, you don't understand what irony means.

I gave a bucketload of evidence proving my argument, I gave several examples and showed that the biggest and most popular games with the biggest budgets all use lag compensation along with the next biggest and most popular game to ever be released COD 6 which will use lag compensation. I also gave a myriad of examples showing that lag compensation is in fact superior backing up my argument with solid fact.

All I got in return was, source sux and similar simple comments such as that, check out lemons comments for great examples.

If someone can show me solid evidence showing that lag compensation is indeed inferior, I will happily admit fault.

I suggest you go and look up what irony means in the future so that when you make another statement using the word, you don't get it completely wrong again lol

While I'm on a roll, I suggest you also go look up my "lead a horse to water" saying because your stsatement showed that you obviously didn't understand that either lol

I removed the contentious parts of my reply so as to be certain you would let the post remain.

Upvote 0

I gave a bucketload of evidence proving my argument, I gave several examples and showed that the biggest and most popular games with the biggest budgets all use lag compensation along with the next biggest and most popular game to ever be released COD 6 which will use lag compensation. I also gave a myriad of examples showing that lag compensation is in fact superior backing up my argument with solid fact.

All I got in return was, source sux and similar simple comments such as that, check out lemons comments for great examples.

If someone can show me solid evidence showing that lag compensation is indeed inferior, I will happily admit fault.

I suggest you go and look up what irony means in the future so that when you make another statement using the word, you don't get it completely wrong again lol

While I'm on a roll, I suggest you also go look up my "lead a horse to water" saying because your stsatement showed that you obviously didn't understand that either lol

I removed the contentious parts of my reply so as to be certain you would let the post remain.

Even the valve wiki says that both implementations have their shortcomings, it's just a matter of what you want. Most people don't want lag-compensation.

And don't even try to use CoD 6 as an example, it doesn't even have dedicated servers.

Upvote 0
Xendance, please reread my post from earlier on in this thread as you obviously didn't understand it.

2. Xendance points to a single word in a perfectly explained and detailed argument which says inconsistant when referring to the internet which by design is incredibly inconsistant and furthermore, uses "inconsistant" as a reason to not want lag compensation where the article proves beyond all reasonable doubt that the biggest advantage of lag compensation over server/client netcode is the huge increase in consistancy lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0

uh where are your facts then?

your only facts are: crappy games you like use it and you like it
our facts are: we dont like it

its as simple as that

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.