• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A simple poll

A simple poll

• Dissapointed / Not satisfied

Votes: 243 43.5%
  • Happy with it

Votes: 316 56.5%

• Total voters
No, not at the moment anyway, however once they finish the game it will be good, i hope so anyway because it's definitely got some magic to it, just some absolutely irritating aspects

movement is horribly clunky, i find myself sometimes stuck in a spastic dance between prone and crouched and unable to shoot D:

controls are munted and designed for people who cannot cope with pressing more than one button

maps that encourage more traditional FPS style gaming (COD etc)

It's got some great moments though, particularly in the larger maps that require pushing as a team, the first time i played the train yard map as Axis it was very immersive, slowly crawling under the trains hoping not to get spotted.

the game changes entirely once teamwork is introduced, would like to see a lot less automatic weapons though.

Upvote 0
Personally, iam not happy at all. I was looking forward for years for the sequel to one of my favorite games of all times. What i got instead is a boiling pot of various games failing at being every last one of them.

First of all, they have mislead their dedicated fanbase (RO1 players) with a bunch of false advertisment claiming this and that and as we all know now, it was never the case.

Second, Most of the features that are implemented are either barely working or poor design choices and the rest was promised but never implemented.

Third, the game was released at a early beta stage at best. It is so riddled with bugs and so many features are missing.

Lastly, they promised this game would stay true to its roots. Nothing could be further from the truth.

An dissapointed long term customer

Upvote 0
I don't get it. I have an older sysytem and have no issues running the game. Of course I know how to maintain my system. Uninstall drivers, clean system, install new drivers. Regular defrag. Etc.

I wonder how many of the peeps whining that they can't run game know how to maintain a box.

Again I just don't get it.

The same thing is running through my head. I run it maxed out at 1080p, without sacrificing any quality in the NCP, on a single GPU. I've never seen my frame rate go below 30 FPS. :confused:

Upvote 0
I don't get it. I have an older sysytem and have no issues running the game. Of course I know how to maintain my system. Uninstall drivers, clean system, install new drivers. Regular defrag. Etc.

I wonder how many of the peeps whining that they can't run game know how to maintain a box.

Ignorant much?

The game is buggy, the devs acknowledge that so the least you can do is do the same, instead of attempting to insult the intelligence of people having problems.

And really, if you read through the posts, most people aren't just unhappy with the bugs but with the fundamentals of RO2's game-play.

Reactions: S.t.a.l.k.e.r.
Upvote 0

Optimization is a funny thing.

A lot of people with really old systems are saying they have no or very few problems, and a lot of people with brand spanking new w

Reactions: Richey79
Upvote 0
I've been happy with the game. I have had a handful of issues with bugs, but most have been quickly sorted out. The larger issues will of course take more time to solve, but I expect the devs will sort them out in good time.

And for people complaining about how horrible and buggy the game is, what exactly have you done to help see them fixed? How many log files have you posted along with dxdiag reports and a detailed description of what you were doing at the time? You can't just walk up to someone and scream "FIX IT!" at the top of your lungs and expect anything to happen.

Upvote 0
when i saw red orchestra 2 on steam as pre order i thought it looked nice
so i bought the R01 to spend some time waiting one the Ro2
i played 2 days RO1 then the beta came out .
I didnt take long to see that this game was totally not a sequel but a totally other game. Far more arcady with less realism that force the player to solo play to get score and unlock achievements.
People can stand on top of each other to share the same sniping spot.
Fast Gameplay with strange mode of play and the addition of Tdeathmatch
Squad leader spawn , Recon Plane , all the smg just ruin the ww2 immesion that i had while playing Red Ochestra The Original.
So its a big big big disapointment.

Upvote 0
And for people complaining about how horrible and buggy the game is, what exactly have you done to help see them fixed? How many log files have you posted along with dxdiag reports and a detailed description of what you were doing at the time? You can't just walk up to someone and scream "FIX IT!" at the top of your lungs and expect anything to happen.

a lot of people aren't screaming, just reporting what they experience, issues like animation glitches and falling through the floor would have been reported extensively in the Beta and by their testers

it's a great game concept and TWI are a small company so they really need to polish this game up and keep interest in it.

If not, by the time BF3 comes out this could be a dead game

Upvote 0
They've heard the community ***** and whine for since the public release so Im quite sure they have some plans ahead for when the high priority bug fixing is done.

Having played the beta I can say it was a LOT closer to RO:OST then the game currently is, that is probably also because people were assaulting caps and there were no rare eyesore's...

I am hoping that TWI puts out a real hardcore mode for the RO1 fans. I think they also misunderstood how many players heard about RO2 by word of mouth from RO1 fans, and as such came here looking for a game based on RO1.

Upvote 0
I'm not satisfied at all with RO2. The game would have been much better if it was more like an improved on RO1, but instead they made a dumbed down hybrid with arcade like features. Half of the players they are trying to pull from other crowds are just going to leave anyway. And sadly, so will most of the RO1 players from the looks of it. I can honestly say that I enjoy old *** RO1 more than RO2 so far.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Disappointed... until I get the SDK.

As I see it, there's only four issues for me:

- Generic maps with "rush at the objectives" gameplay. This is UT3, it can technically support maps up to ten kilometers across, yet the biggest CA map is only 700 meters across. Well below even the effective range of the service rifles. makes playing in a squad moot.

- Performance... though much of this can be attributed to the congested and highly detailed maps. SDK will resolve this, when we have some "less is more" custom maps.

- Bland and arcadey tank gameplay disguised as a simulation. You'd think it was World of Tanks. Though the only tank map (gumrak) is another weak point, the tanks may play better when theres some larger and more cover-filled custom tank maps... SDK *may* resolve this.

- Shift zoom. Grandpa always said the best way to remove all elements of teamwork incentives is to turn every gun into a sniper rifle. Mutators (hopefully) will resolve this

Last edited:
Upvote 0