• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

how many codv/coduo/cod2 still playing RO

BuzzCut

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 17, 2006
Just wondering how many of those of us that left cod are still here playing the best fps game out at this point. I'm not bashing cod, im just curious because I went back to cod uo recently and was shocked at how foriegn it felt after immersing myself in ROOST.

You don't realize how immersive this game is until you go back to whatever you were playing before. Here's hoping for a long life for ROOST and the mod community.

Just wondering how many of those of us that left cod are still here playing the best fps game out at this point. I'm not bashing cod, im just curious because I went back to cod uo recently and was shocked at how foriegn it felt after immersing myself in ROOST.

You don't realize how immersive this game is until you go back to whatever you were playing before. Here's hoping for a long life for ROOST and the mod community.

Yes, I went back to CoD (just for a quick try). And I felt the same about it. It's a bit like chewing a toffee with the paper wrapper still on it.

It's RO all the time now. Deleted CoD and defragged my drive. :D

Upvote 0
I still find the Cod series to be a better game. The graphics and the way the soldiers move in RO is not smooth enough. ROOST is a great game otherwise. I believe that when they make the next installment of RO with a newer engine it will take over as best FPS. RO is very realistic and I love it for that. Can't wait for the next one.

My whole clan pre-ordered RO and this is basically all of our opinions wrapped together.

Upvote 0
I used to play CODV and UO a lot. When CoD2 came out, I had just started playing RO 3.3 of a friend's copy of UT2004. I and many other COD fanatics that hung out at the iwnation forums where outraged at the lack of patch and anticheat support for the game, even months after the release. Come early 2006 I was playing entirely RO 3.3. Now I play the Ost. :)

Upvote 0
Bf2

Bf2

Great game without question. I think it was the modern combat that kept me from getting into it as much. So much firepower has a way of overpowering the tactical element of play for infantry players. Air power and armor on Pubs just rape the average mudfoot.

Maybe some of the mods like forgotten hope will bring me back in for a go. Till then its ROOST, mixed and infantry maps. You tank guys have my complete respect but give me a ppsh or rifle and a couple o nades any day. I like to see their faces when I line em up.

Upvote 0