• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Would Free For All (FFA) or Death-Match (DM) be good in RO2?

Would Free For All (FFA) or Death-Match (DM) be good in RO2?

• Yes

Votes: 24 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 84 77.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
no-no-no.jpg

Upvote 0
Greetings,

I love that current players are so loyal to the game. As an avid fps player and small business owner I do see benefits for both Tripwire and current players in Tripwire creating a game mode that allows new players to get a feel for the game by playing deathmatch. I think the community will grow even larger with an entry level game type. More players benefits everyone. The folks who enjoy playing the game now won't have any distraction with an additional game mode - as they won't play it anyway. It will bring more people to the game - and that's good for everyone.

Thanks,

RangerDC

Upvote 0
Greetings,

I love that current ro players are so loyal to the game. As an avid fps player and small business owner I do see benefits for both Tripwire and current players in Tripwire creating a game mode that allows new players to get a feel for the game by playing deathmatch. I think the community will grow even larger with an entry level game type. The folks who enjoy playing the game now won't have any distraction with an additional game mode - as they won't play it anyway. More players is a benefit to everyone.

Thanks,

RangerDC

Reactions: Jaesperson
Upvote 0
This should end it. According to the vp

Oh calm down and have a little faith... we aren't about to include a full-on FFA/DM mode or any other stuff on those lines. Firefight has been announced for a while. And it is good fun.

As far as I can tell, "a few other forum members" all seem to be ignoring what we say and going into a tail-spin over what some of the newer forum-goers are talking about. W've been developing this beast for over 4 years now - it isn't about to change track now!

Upvote 0
Reise said:
'm not sure how you will draw out a silent majority to vote on a poll if they are indeed the "silent" majority.

So far all we are seeing is the vocal minority, which is most of the regulars on this forum.

Kindof a pointless flamebait thread.

I don't think it was pointless (otherwise, I wouldn't have made it). It was an experiment to see if Wahoo4 was right, and turns out to be evidence for him to "digress," as per his statement in the original thread. Instead, he's "moving the goal post" by now saying the majority isn't voting, because they're not registered on the forum.

Even the results are interesting, as 20% of the voters are in favor of DM (as of writing this post, 49 votes, 9 yays, 40 nays). I'm surprised it was that high.

Honestly, DM may seem like fun, until you realize it won't work unless the weapons are balanced, like what Knighted wants. That's not gonna happen. The closest I could see is something like squad deathmatch, where you have 4 or 8 squads of 4. That might be an interesting mutator.

A new gametype with just a section of a map for dm is not that hard and can wait till the important things are implemented.
Also CoD gametypes are found at those games, why not stay there for FFA/DM?

Also the :IS2: 'smiley' is freaking awesome, although I don't get it... :D

See the greatest thread on the greatest tank of WWII:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=7019

Upvote 0
Honestly, DM may seem like fun, until you realize it won't work unless the weapons are balanced, like what Knighted wants. That's not gonna happen. The closest I could see is something like squad deathmatch, where you have 4 or 8 squads of 4. That might be an interesting mutator.

Rather than balancing weaponry it could be like how it is in Quake3 and Unreal Tournament games, basically weapons spawn at certain positions. Giving everybody an equal chance at finding a weapon. Not very realistic though.

It would be pretty interesting to see 3 or 4 teams fight each other rather than just 2, but when you have allies and axis what should the other side be. Oh wait I know, zombies and dinosaurs :D

Upvote 0
Stupid from me , in other post's they mention INS , what is INS ?

people might refer to Insurgency (called INS), a half-life 2 modification. it's worth checking out, but it plays a lot more like DM, indeed, as people tend to ignore that there are objectives to capture in the game. also, some people like to shoot anything that moves, which then resembles true FFA or DM.
worth checking out, nevertheless, as they actually aim for a rather hardcore realism approach, as well and it is for free.

lol at this topic. i think the introduction of this guy :troll: really spawned a new forum mentality. i don't despise it though, since it teaches people to deal with sarcasm (too many people just don't get it). rangerDC as an example... i wonder who is behind that account. hilarious!
also mormegil acting as if it was his own idea (for all the people who didnt read the original post).. really a move that makes you giggle.

oh, and :IS2:

Upvote 0
Indeed, DM can wait it's turn, what we really need are flying mounts, horde grinding and Nightelfs! Afterall, it just woulden't be RO without it..

I say we get skill trees and talent points. That would really add a good RPG element to this game, something I feel is lacking. Also, can we get an inventory system with items? Like different field blouses that give stats and whatnot?

:troll:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.