• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Improve pistols/machine-gun from RO

The color does not matter, it's the intensity and visibility of the effect that was the issue.

And the way the rounds bounce around could be a bit absurd, when you see those tracer rounds bounce in real life, they generally fly a good 200 meters in the air, at times in RO it looked more like a bouncy ball more than a bullet. I'm thinking that may have been because of an engine limitation, though.

Upvote 0
I'm quite sure its somewhat engine related, tank shell richochets were also "short" compared to what you would expect them to be.

I was once on the german team and a shell that ricocheted off of a panther tank came back down and turned the man less then 5 feet from me into a red mist, was an absolute "h**** SH**" moment....

I mention that becase it came back down around 1 sec after it bounced, I imagine that round would,IRL, have had enough kinetic energy to go quite a ways up...

Upvote 0