• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Server log problem

Hi at all. Gusone just told me my map KF-Arcade-Underground causes an extreme big file in the serverlog of his server. This is the problem post:

Our gameserver log has gone from 4megs to 200megs thanks to the following line

Error: KFGameType KF-Arcade-Underground.KFGameType (Function KFMod.KFGameType.MatchInProgress.SetupPickups:023F ) Accessed array 'AmmoPickups' out of bounds (0/0)
Warning: KFGameType KF-Arcade-Underground.KFGameType (Function KFMod.KFGameType.MatchInProgress.SetupPickups:023F ) Accessed None 'AmmoPickups'

over and over and over again. I'm talking 205 megs worth of

Error: KFGameType KF-Arcade-Underground.KFGameType (Function KFMod.KFGameType.MatchInProgress.SetupPickups:023F ) Accessed array 'AmmoPickups' out of bounds (0/0)
Warning: KFGameType KF-Arcade-Underground.KFGameType (Function KFMod.KFGameType.MatchInProgress.SetupPickups:023F ) Accessed None 'AmmoPickups'

Any ideas anyone?

end of post

Well the map itself got no ammo or weapon spawns in it. I already tryed out searching for any ammo spawn in the map that might be hidden or some, by dropping 1 in an select all of that kind and looking throught the map in wireview but i cant find any ammo spawn. Im pretty sure there is nun in it but hm does anyone got an idea what could cause that line in the server log?

Last edited:
Hi kingshinobi,

This is just on the fly but could it be because there are no Ammo spawns in the map that is causing this script loop? maybe try adding at least one ammo spawn even if it is placed somewhere out of the way so players cant access it.

This advice is purely off the top of my head and may be off the mark but it is what I would try.

From what i gather the script loop is saying it is trying to setup pickups but there are non to set up which is causing the log to be spammed by the error given.

Cheers

Filthy

Last edited:
Upvote 0
shino

shino

Im on it placed some ammo and weapon spawns in it. Now i also try to set the path nodes a bit better so the zeds act better and jump better out the water. Still testing around a bit withit. Might take a day cause the build takes 10 min every time i change some cause there alot path nodes in it. I will name the map v1 then and we can test it before i post it so i dont make 1000 versions of it :) Well i think i should even if i think a map is final still test it with ppl a while b4 i set it final cause there might be some hidden bugs like this 1. Nerver learn out :)

Upvote 0
Shino

Shino

Well i have reworked the map now and im ready for testing it a while, b4 i Post a new version of it. I dropped ammo and weapon spawns in it, fixed a spawn a bit and i set alot new path nodes into the map so zeds dont get stuck and jump up the ways better. The map got now :) 597 path nodes that takes a hell to build all time. Well normally less is more at the path nodes but for this map thx to the curve hight of the channels more is more. I tested it yet to patriach in easy and the map worked fine so far but is way harder now. Also the fps still run well in it.

Ps: I postet gusone a private message for the link so we can test it a while on the DSAS server if its ok. I dont want the map-version to spread around that much b4 its working all well.

The first version of the map also still might work well so you can keep it on the server. Works diffrent like for example on a big slot server i think the first version works better cause there less path nodes but you got like 30 pathnodes in human players running around but that will be testet also. Rallfo said he will test it out on his server.

Last edited:
Upvote 0