• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Favorite Kill Type/Style

Favorite Kill Type/Style

• Gibs/Explosives

Votes: 17 16.7%
  • Slice-n-Dice

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • Shotgun Kill

Votes: 32 31.4%
  • Boom! Headshot!

Votes: 20 19.6%
  • Incendiary Kill

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Riddle em' with bullets!

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • I treat all of my children with equal love

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • I dislike any of these; I am a pacifist! Dont shoot!

Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters
This is just a poll on who prefers what kind of kill; this isn't a "gun thing" but purely based off of how the specimen die, and how gratifying it is. Now, you'd think this would be clear cut, but instead there are multiple categories based off of personal preference. Now this isn't the goriest kill necessarily (although it may also be your fav based on gore), just which ones you can really sit back and admire the zed time for.

1)Giblets/Explosives: Basically the kind of kill where the enemy is no longer recodnizable; at this point, its a pile of mush, or close to it. Love to watch those flaming, de-limbed bodies rocket out of the zed-made smoothy of gore above all? Then this is the choice for you!

2)Slice-n'-Dice: Basically the art of slashing, smashing, or ripping your foe into lots of itty-bitty peices up close and personal. Love to brutally lob the head off a gorefast? Love to dig that machete into that clot, or watch as your katana smoothly rips into that zed like butter? Well, dice ahead!

3)Shotgun Kills: Basically watching as you load various zeds full of pellets, watching as your fallen rivals do a majestic flip through the air, limbs and blood twirling. I think this is pretty much self-explanatory at this point.

4)Boom, Headshot: Be efficient...have a plan to kill every clot you know!

5)Incendiary: Love watching as the zeds do the fire dance as they slowly have their flesh melted and burnt away? Than choose this. Burn baby burn, disco inferno!

6)Riddle with Gunfire: Pretty much what it sounds like: more focus on the number of zeds and the whole "blast em with lead" than necessarily having to be headshots.

Now these may sound "perk-based" but not necessarily so; these can transcend perk lines, which are based on gameplay, and sometimes a perk can vie for multiple numbers. So please base it off the kill, not your favorite perk.

Let the voting begin!

Tough choice Timur, but I gotta go with shotgun kills.

I'm a firebug at heart, and the red mist of a gib kill is hella awesome, but shotgun kills take it. The shotguns in this game are just so hardcore and violent. They managed to perfectly balance the sound effect and power.

Theres nothing like unloading an hunting shotgun alt fire on a group of clots, or finishing a scrake with an aa-12. I just get that epic "finish him" feeling every time I see a baddie walking towards me and I have a shotgun in my hands.

Reactions: EricFong
Upvote 0
Hmm...that's a hard choice. I like a combination of burning and headshots, or burning and ripping them apart with a chainsaw...you'll never feel more like a berserker than you will when all the zeds around you are exploding, burning, and being dismembered by your chainsaw :IS2:

Guess I'll vote incendiary since it's involved in all my favorites. :D

Upvote 0
Shotgun kills all the way. It's so very satisfying to have a gorefast running at me and then watching it get blasted all the way back down the hallway. By me. This is even better because as a support spec, I hate and I mean hate gorefasts and the way they manage to interrupt my reloads by swinging a great big blade in my face.

Upvote 0
Oh mang, this is tough.

I love nading specs and sending them flying. I remember on one particular map i did the nade(s) + M79 trick, and sent a Siren's dead corpse up to greet me. This was all the way up to the second floor, such a massive "jump" :D

Though using The Phoenix on the KFL custom server is intensely gratifying. There's nothing like turning specs into what Swiss cheese wishes it was :D

Hosing down some specs is very fun, but it loses out to the BOOM! Head Shot feeling.

That solid "thuk" as the head is destroyed is the most satisfying of all kills.

The sound of the Shotgun is also quite pleasureable. :)
It's just so... complete. The sound, the feeling, the view :D

I can't decide, becaus they're all so great!

Upvote 0
Hard to pick between that feeling I got when I first popped a bloat with the Flamethrower and that zed time point blank clot 1 deag headshot that made me cream as a KF newbie back in the day.

I'm gonna say Incendiary Kill because few things top that awesome squelch when the bloat ignites... plus the Scrake dance is awesome :)

Edit: This thread is actually a good read.... it pretty much encompasses all the reasons why KF is so awesome, nice one Timur :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was torn between headshots and shotgun destruction.

But I just had to choose head shots. As Commander Riker I love getting headshot after headshot and watching the terrible pub player snipers fire a few seconds after I do and wasting their pistol ammo on something I already killed. Someone tried to kick vote me once because I was killing everything before he could. hahah

Shotguns are right there as well. It's really satisfying to have a hallway packed with zed, my team screaming in fear, then cheering after I clear the hallway with alt fire from my HS. :D

Upvote 0
The hunting shotgun is the weapon that seals the deal for me. Don't get me wrong, I love using Katana and Axe to chop up everything in my path, and I also love blowing practically anythings head off with LAR whether being a sharpie or any other class.

Also love stunning scrakes with the LAW shots,

HOWEVER, nothing compares to the utter violence and hatred that the Hunting Shotgun spews towards specimens, regardless of whether they are big or small.

I feel that Support is one of the only classes that can truly engage any target, from the tiniest crawlers to Patty himself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I absolutly love the sound the demo can make when overkill gibbing a group of tightly clustered enemies.

I havn't heard it before with normal nades and i just heard it the other day and I gotta say, the thicky meat splashy sound is ****ingly lovely.

Other then that, I like to riddle everything with my hunting shotgun and watch droves of enemies fall over dead in a cone in front of me.

THIS!?
IS MY DOOM STICK!

Upvote 0
nothing compares to the utter violence and hatred that the Hunting Shotgun spews towards specimens, regardless of how of whether they are big or small.
Exactly! :D

The Hunting Shotgun is Satan raining hot acid down their throats.

The HS should get a custom paintjob, with flames on the side, and a pair of fuzzy dice hanging from the stock or barrel.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I gotta go with the shotgun as well. And nothing beats zed-time kicking in right when you fire and you watch the shot going downrange in slow motion and popping headshots in slow motion.
Speaking of slow motion...

I love it when ZED time begins when I headshot snipe with my Shotgun, with 1 pellet hitting the head, usually on clots and gorefasts.

Upvote 0
I would say shotgun if it wasn't for that annoying glitch where the bullets don't register probably a third of the time. Watching everything die from a single shot is satisfying, but unloading an entire shell into a gorefast at point blank and having them march right through it really sucks. :(

Gotta go with headshot being the most satisfying. Though slice n dice is the most fun. :cool:

Upvote 0