• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Question regarding Beta

Uhm... It cant be ,,much cheaper than steam``

Because... Its not like RO2 costs 10e , but Steam decided to make it 40e , just because they can...

Steam doesnt make , or publish games... They just sell them , and , if I may say , for some of the best bloody prices out there.

depends, if you live in UK or US steam prices are probably decent, but for the rest of the world steam's currency exchange is a ripoff. For example; DDE on steam costs 27 pounds for a UK customer which equals to 30 euros, while steam charges 40 euros in Portugal. On direct2drive the price in pounds is the same, the difference is, direct2drive lets most countries buy the game for the british price and in pounds, which means that on direct2drive DDE is 10 euro cheaper, so yes, steam loves to rob people, if thats not the case where you live, you are lucky :p

Upvote 0
Indeed, im living in The Netherlands, and im bying games in the UK (Direct 2 drive, webshops) and it is always cheaper then Steam in euro's.

Steam: Normal edition €27 Deluxe Edition €35
D2D: Normal edition €23 Deluxe Edition €29

I wanted to buy it also on Direct 2 Drive, and if you look at the info page. It says, Red Orchestra 2 needs third party software to activate, that means Steam.

Did you recieve anything? Like serials-key?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I recall TWI mentioning the censorship content is based on the country (using IP) where you activate it.

I wonder if you can have a trusted friend in another country log into your Steam Account (not that I'm suggesting you have a friend log into your Steam Account or share passwords, this is hypothetical), and have them buy and activate it there, then log out. In that case, what happens when you download it to your local client?

Upvote 0
Indeed, im living in The Netherlands, and im bying games in the UK (Direct 2 drive, webshops) and it is always cheaper then Steam in euro's.

Steam: Normal edition €27 Deluxe Edition €35
D2D: Normal edition €23 Deluxe Edition €29

I wanted to buy it also on Direct 2 Drive, and if you look at the info page. It says, Red Orchestra 2 needs third party software to activate, that means Steam.

Did you recieve anything? Like serials-key?

They will send you a serial key to register on steam when the game is released, the game will then be added to your library, just as if you bought it on steam.

I was going to buy it from D2D it's $5 more then steam but I would get uncut version. This is what I got :confused:

usually D2D's uncuts doesnt have country restrictions but it does for ro2, guess you are out of luck :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I recall TWI mentioning the censorship content is based on the country (using IP) where you activate it.

I wonder if you can have a trusted friend in another country log into your Steam Account (not that I'm suggesting you have a friend log into your Steam Account or share passwords, this is hypothetical), and have them buy and activate it there, then log out. In that case, what happens when you download it to your local client?
a friend of mine told me if i was to "Gift RO2 DDE" on steam from Denmark to him "Australia" then he would get the uncut version and he wouldn't have to wait till after the release :)

Upvote 0
I got something that I found usefull. This is a reply from D2D concerning Beta Acces and Bonus items:

"When the game releases, your account page will be updated at that time with key and download information. With the beta access, when the beta is ready, your account will also be updated.The bonus items you will recieve with your purchase will be available to you upon release of the game. Please return to your account page at that time to access those bonus items."

There it is.

Upvote 0