• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] Unable to download the game

Hi!
I've been wondering if there's something wrong with my Steam, because every time I try to install the game it gives me an error which says: "The Steam servers are currently too busy to handle your request. Please try again in a few minutes".
I had an error like this while trying to pre-load the game, but I decided to ignore the problem and wait, since I assumed that the servers really were crowded. I also ignored the problem yesterday when the game was released. Now it just seems impossible that the servers would be crowded, because it's been a long time already and judging from the comments, many have already downloaded the game.
So, is anyone else experiencing the same problem or does anyone know if this issue could be fixed?
EDIT
Problem solved! Here are the instructions:

1. Go to the "Steam" folder
2. Delete "appcache" and "config" folders
3. Restart the computer

Last edited:
And i assume you've done a full system reboot too? I know these are stupidly obvious suggestions but so many times have i fallen prey to this and it being a rediculously simple solution.

One last final thing which you probably already have done, especially as you say you have restarted Steam, check to see if you have the latest version. Click on 'Steam' at the top left and then its the third option down 'Check for Steam Client Updates'.

I doubt it will work but you never know with Steam.

If it doesn't work after that then i'd contact Steam support and see if they can help you.

Its the one thing i hate about Steam is the 'This game is unavaliable' thing and the lousy 'off-line' mode.

But i think your best port of call at the moment is contacting Steam Support.

Last edited:
Upvote 0