• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Let us CHOOSE the weapon we start with.

I like the idea, so please don't take this the wrong way, I just want to throw this point out there.

If you're Lv6 SS, sell your crossbow at the end of the frist round, then buy your LAR/M14. You don't even need the bow in round one, you should be capable of defending yourself from clots and crawlers with the 9mm especially since you're Lv6.

If you start in later waves, crossbow the scrakes, FP's, and clot clusters, pistol the lesser mobs.

It's always worked for me but I do think that this is a great idea.

Upvote 0
They are needed on suicidal, at least.
No. They aren't, particularly with a level 6 perk. Commando (reload) and sharpshooter (reload, damage buff) have decent boosts for the 9mm. Medic has awesome healing and kiting. Berserker has improved knife, speed, and damage resistance. Demo has ... improved grenades. Firebug has ... uh ... fire 'nades?

But still in core maps like West London there are many ammo spawns and even a few weapon spawns.

We made it through the first wave back in kf-mod with weaker perks and worse weapon with no iron sights (generally) against tougher enemies.

Upvote 0